Australian summer of cricket 2009-10

Coxy said:
Wasn't their reasoning that the original decision was out, and so there had to be conclusive evidence that it wasn't out to overturn it. Because Rauf (?) couldn't see clearly that the ball missed the bat he didn't have enough evidence to overturn the decision. He'd basically need to see daylight between bat and ball, or the ball hitting pad or something.

seems like the only way to get conclusive evidence would be using snicko. I wonder why they didn't??

Im really hoping Ponting is out, Im keen to see what Clarke would as Captain

Lolz, Watson looks deadset demonic on that thumbnail picture that Nein uses when they put his stats up.

A spinner already? Intriguing!

Demonboy in the 90s again. He's unstoppable, except for the Gymp jinx.

People can rip him for not making it to 100 once again, but the fact is he's in excellent form and has been doing a marvellous job for a us.

Has left a few people eating humble pie.

Rorz, Katich out on 98.

It's the summer of the 90s.

ningnangnong said:
People can rip him for not making it to 100 once again, but the fact is he's in excellent form and has been doing a marvellous job for a us.

Has left a few people eating humble pie.

Agreed. Give the freakin guy a break.

I LOLZed at the footage of that wanker Gavaskar today. Man can you imagine the uproar if Watson did that?

Run out was Katich's fault anyway, dumb shit.

I think Gymp must be in a very happy place.

Watson got bloody lucky though, he was choking big time!

Time to declare.

What is the point of going on? 400 runs for the 4th innings isn't really required and why tire the bowlers?

Haha, I can't believe what a cripple he was in the 90s. So mentally weak that ****.

Coxy said:
Haha, I can't believe what a cripple he was in the 90s. So mentally weak that ****.

mentally weak? I thought he did really well to keep his composure with the paki's bowling so wide with a packed off side field. Obviously learnt something since Adelaide.

Whats this guy's average since opening the batting? There is no way they can move him down the order.

I think he's averaging 80 this summer so it would be around that

Nice baiting.

Seriously though, this guy is the form player of Australian cricket. He is much maligned, and probably deserved a lot of criticism in the past but IMO it's now time for people to look past that. CA have developed a habit of giving a red carpet ride to those they deem exceptionally talented, that has seen Watson, Johnson and even Clarke benefit. Because of this he hasn't earned his place in the team like the majority do, but this year he has definitely justified the faith the selectors have had in him. He will take out ODI player of the year and will go very close to winning the AB medal.

Since he return to the test team he has been Australia's most prolific run scorer, racking up scores of 62, 53, 51, 34, 40, 0, 96, 48, 89, 30, 93 and 120* today. A phenomenal effort. This year In ODIs he's scored over 500 runs at 58 with the bat and has 16 wickets @ 23 with the ball. He's an unbelievable talent.

Average of 59.6 as opener from the above scores

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • mrslong
  • Xzei
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncoscope
  • Kev_Guz
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • mystico
  • Harry Sack
  • Maddy
  • cento
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • The Don
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.