Battle of the Broncos' Buys

Tough because I always thought Smith was one of those underated players in the scheme of things.

But Tallis for mine, became captain and lead the team through what would have been a very tricky period going in.

Tallis winning quite easily there.

Our last battle of the year:

Luke Priddis v Peter Hynes

[icon_lol1. what is this?

Priddo, as Bennett said, one of the biggest losses in Broncos history.

Who is Peter Hynes? The Reds player? I wasn't aware he ever played for the Broncos.

I'm voting for Priddis in a tough one.

I was absolutely spewing when we let Priddis go. So Priddis by far for me.

Priddis wins.

Next battle:

Harvey Howard v Richard Swain

Harvey Howard, he was oustanding in 2000 when he was called up for us especially in our final run to the Grand Final and I was disappointed that like Robbie Ross we only got to see him play at the club for 1 season, Swain had his moments but was never really consistent.

I can barely remember Howard but my impression of Swain was that he was so ordinary as a Bronco that by the time Barry Berrigan took over there was a noticeable shift in quality - and Barry really wasn't that much of a world beater himself.

So Howard by default, he had to of at least been handy and not a passenger like Swain.

The Rock said:
Another non-contest. Howard was rock solid for us while Swain was a major disappointment. In fact, I'd go as far to say that Swain was our worst ever buy.

Haha I remember blowing up on here when we bought him and everyone blew up at me!!! He was indeed a huge disappointment.

Howard by knockout.

What was he like? Your meat and spuds front row who'd make a consistent amount of hit ups and tackles per game?

So basically Darren Mapp when he decided to show up?

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • phoenix
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Financeguy
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • kiwibronco
  • Kev_Guz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.