Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lurker saying Jordan Kahu is on thin ice.
Good if true. I like Kahu, don't get me wrong, but he's made of glass. His injuries are a burden, and it's been years now. We could do well looking elsewhere

I really like Kahu, he plays tough, but yeah... he gets injured multiple times each season and seems to be losing speed each year too.

Good if true. I like Kahu, don't get me wrong, but he's made of glass. His injuries are a burden, and it's been years now. We could do well looking elsewhere
Funny, never heard you saying that about Hodges... :thefinger:

Not sure what kind of money Kahu is on. But if it's not big money than I want him around. Covers wing, centre, fullback and kicks goals.

Kahu is obviously not Hodges. Nevertheless, i would still keep him.
I know he isn't, I was obviously referring to being injury prone, which Hodges was just as much, if not worse.
But Kahu is one of our best backs, whom like you said, covers multiple positions well.
Boyd's absence was barely noted while he was there, and in a team which seriously lacks backline depth, he has performed really well, except for that cursed left centre position... so let's get rid of him, because we haven't got more urgent things to address! :stupid:

I know he isn't, I was obviously referring to being injury prone, which Hodges was just as much, if not worse.
But Kahu is one of our best backs, whom like you said, covers multiple positions well.
Boyd's absence was barely noted while he was there, and in a team which seriously lacks backline depth, he has performed really well, except for that cursed left centre position... so let's get rid of him, because we haven't got more urgent things to address! :stupid:

With all due respect, Boyds absence couldn't be measured at that time because we hadn't played a game with him yet.

With all due respect, Boyds absence couldn't be measured at that time because we hadn't played a game with him yet.
Maybe not, but I'm pretty sure Kahu at fullback was the least of our concerns at the time, and no one felt the custodian role wasn't in good hands, on the contrary.

Surely that was a typo from the Lurker and he actually meant Maranta and Reed...

Hodges was capable of winning us games from sheer brilliance.

I haven't seen Kahu do that.. Yet.

Funny, never heard you saying that about Hodges... :thefinger:

Hodges without even stretching or doing any recovery strung together more games than kahu has. Plus hodges just had the X factor.

I can't see how the Broncos don't have a lot of Salary cap space TBH. I expect a few signings over the off season. Just on Kahu, it is a shame he is so brittle because he does have a touch of class about him. It just won't all come together for him.

What about we trade hunt and get a half back they can lead a team. Im shore we could get a better half for the money we waste on him. And some big wingers

What about we trade hunt and get a half back they can lead a team. Im shore we could get a better half for the money we waste on him. And some big wingers

how about we shoot ourselves in the head ... because thats what getting rid of Hunt is equivalent to.

Hunt is on par (or better than) attacking wise nearly every other halfback in the comp ... even those on twice his salary.

the problem isn't our halves ... it is:

a) defence ... our defence this year is a fraction as good as it was last year.

b) our forwards aren't getting into a position where Hunt and Milford are able to work their magic ... and thats what our pack is paid for,

how about we shoot ourselves in the head ... because thats what getting rid of Hunt is equivalent to.

Hunt is on par (or better than) attacking wise nearly every other halfback in the comp ... even those on twice his salary.

the problem isn't our halves ... it is:

a) defence ... our defence this year is a fraction as good as it was last year.

b) our forwards aren't getting into a position where Hunt and Milford are able to work their magic ... and thats what our pack is paid for,

Totally agree. If our forwards make the meters Hunt and Milf will cause havoc. Stats say if our forwards run for 1400mt or more we've won 10/10 this year. That says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • LGH
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.