Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Blair as a money hungry player or as a guy that will attract huge interest from other clubs either.

He is vital to our team and from all accounts he loves the Broncos so if they offer him a 2-3 yr deal with a moderate upgrade it might be enough. Then again ESL could come knocking and throw him a decent deal.

Coming to this point of his career he is entitled to seek out the best contract he can get.

This is doing the rounds from this morning. Dragons offered Milford same deal as Hunt.

Attachments

• IMG_2jr1u.png
    IMG_2jr1u.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 147
If it doesn't eventuate, it's because it never happened.

Let me guess, the Broncos are considering releasing both Anthony Milford and Ben Hunt for 2017 so we can play Kotoni Staggs and Tyrone Roberts in the halves?

Last edited:
Darius Boyd to Rabbitohs

Just keeping everyone occupied.

How bout ben teo back to broncs in may ??

Certainly interesting for me....

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/81e1bfa535da8ff9c96af3741da2e035

Adam Blair re-signed until end of 2018, Oates to re-sign on a 1 year $400k deal.

If you thought the days of a winger being paid big coin were over, you’re terribly wrong.
Market Watch can reveal Brisbane winger Corey Oates is eyeing a handsome pay day with the Broncos on the verge of re-signing the Queensland Origin star.
Off contract at the end of the season, Oates is set for a substantial pay rise due to his rep status and versatility.
Market Watch understands Oates is looking at a one-year extension worth upwards of $400,000 but is unlikely to commit any longer than that.
While he currently owns the Broncos’ left flank, it’s understood he’ll begin his transition into the back row throughout the 2017 season.
Oates has long been touted as a second rower in waiting due to his size and hard running style.
It’s something that has been heavily discussed as talks progress with the club and his management.
But according to club legend Justin Hodges, Oates’ move from the edge could take a few seasons to happen successfully.
“He’ll have a great career on the wing,” Hodges said.
“The biggest thing is his fitness. He blows out pretty quick and towards the back end of my career I tried to help him on his fitness. He’s still young.
“At the moment I think he’s best left on the wing. He’ll get found out coming up against smart halfbacks. He’s a damaging runner from the wing. That’s where he’s best until he matures a bit more and works on his fitness.”
As a backrower, and one with rep claims, Oates could seek around $600,000-a-year — an additional $200,000 to the deal he’s currently looking at.
Meanwhile, prop Adam Blair has been listed as ‘off-contract’ in this column and several articles but that’s not the case. The Broncos have confirmed Blair isn’t off-contract until the end of 2018.

Looks like broncos have had enough of the salary cap stand off and are moving toward locking away priority signings like Oates. Who won't break the bank but definitely need to be locked down.

Also awesome to hear Blair will be there next year

I think josh McGuire not gone be in Broncos next year. Now Blair is already in Broncos books next year. Some young front row is coming through Broncos ranks. big Joe, Herman Ese'ese, George Fai, Jai Arrow, Sam Lavea, Keegan Hipgrav, Patrick Carrigan and don't forget Redcliffe dolphins player Matt lodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Griffo
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Maddy
  • Foordy
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • levikaden
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Inknition
  • BroncosAlways
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.