Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Starting to sound more and more like Nikorima will end up at the Titans than us unfortunately. Think they're willing to offer more than us, and for whatever reason, we're pretty adamant that Staggs will be a Five-Eighth.
I actually think we will end up renewing Milford.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
And for anyone that ever thinks about Ash Taylor coming back, have a read of this analysis from NRL Physio last month before you put it to words, he looks to be nearly done in the NRL unfortunately.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Starting to sound more and more like Nikorima will end up at the Titans than us unfortunately. Think they're willing to offer more than us, and for whatever reason, we're pretty adamant that Staggs will be a Five-Eighth.

while Niko would be a handy acquisition for us, i wouldn't be breaking the bank or getting into a bidding war for him.

if we can get him for a reasonable contract, then great. if not then re-sign Albert Kelly (will be cheaper anyway), who will offer a good insurance policy for Staggs, in case he fails at 6 and needs to move back to the centers

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
And for anyone that ever thinks about Ash Taylor coming back, have a read of this analysis from NRL Physio last month before you put it to words, he looks to be nearly done in the NRL unfortunately.

View attachment 13770
I don't really think Taylor compliments Reynolds anyway... we need a creator at 6 and Taylor hasn't really done that since his first and second years

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Smart buy..... a non-organising, tiny half with no long kicking game will help them manage leads and fix their defence. We have problems, but we seem to be acknowledging them and moving forward, the titans seem to think that if they copy us and sign ex Broncos it will end differently to them. Wtf is wrong with them haha

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Smart buy..... a non-organising, tiny half with no long kicking game will help them manage leads and fix their defence. We have problems, but we seem to be acknowledging them and moving forward, the titans seem to think that if they copy us and sign ex Broncos it will end differently to them. Wtf is wrong with them haha

It is the modern St George model too to be fair.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
While we definitely could use a crafty 9, dangerous 1 and a hard head experienced middle forward we need to be carefull of breaking the bank just for the sake of making a signing.

Reason being almost every off season without fail any number of quality players for what ever reason become available (Adin Fonu-Blake last year for example). Also plenty of time for another club to debut a gun and that we might like to poach. Point I'm making is it won't hurt us having cash in the kitty.

Just on Nikorima, looking at his stats this year are quiet impressive. 8 forcrd drop outs, 10 try assists and 9 line break assists. We would kill for someone who could do that for us currently.

Its been suggested previously and i think people were against it because of his size but is Nikorima a possibility ar fullback? Chiming in on those sweep plays both sides of the field and supporting the forwards with his speed?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Surely Staggs will the 6 this year at some point - early on I would imagine?

I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be given he's being given first crack at 6 next year. Get him in early so he's got some games under his belt for 2022.

P

Pierrot

U18 Player
Mar 20, 2021
Also that was our focus not the clubs. I think it’s a waste of time spending our resources on temporary spine pieces when we can go hard at permanent players who are origin quality that actually want to come to our club
Totally agree, we gonna add some talents for the next year and aim a spot in the top 8.
There's actually no good spine players on the market. We have to keep the money for a 1 and a 9 when good opportunities will be there.
With Capewell, Lee, Reynolds, Pereira and maybe Su'a, Nikorima or Gagai we can clearly jump into the 8.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014

That club is broken, you could list all their big signings from the past 10 years and I can't think of any of them that actually kicked on and made a difference at that club, not since their inception have they looked like a dangerous team in a finals campaign.

Nikorima would be a good signing, he's a good runner of the footy and has some creativity in his game too.

Milford, I think there's a club out there that would be prepared to take the chance on him for a 1 year deal at 350-400k. That club won't be us though with the players we are going to be paying to be playing for other teams.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I hate the idea of Staggs at 6, if Reynolds goes down at any point we are straight away fucked. Throw the sink at Niko, he’s a gun. His runnings always rivaled Milfords, should have kept him the first time.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be given he's being given first crack at 6 next year. Get him in early so he's got some games under his belt for 2022.

Also if he shows he's not up to it he can go back to the centres and we can sort another halves option for A Rey. Kodi perhaps.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Remember....all mentions of M*z*r are to use his codename...

Which is "Macca"....

Your friendly neighbour reminder....
They've been using his real name in the Courier Mail since at least last year, predicting he'll be our future number 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Browny
  • Spoon
  • Cavalo
  • The Boss
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mr Fourex
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Volvo Driver
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • Shane Tronc
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.