Broncos Vs Bulldogs Match Thread.

Ok ok ok ok..........i have settled down a bit now, but i am still very pissed off.

We are probally all being hard on Hunt, he still hasnt played more then 6 nrl games. I take blame for being hard on him too. Nobody comes into a NRL side and play half back beside lockyer and takes charge of a football team.

Im just so disapointed, i think its time for real change to happen. We cant have players who take up large chunks of our cap playing in Q cup. If there not going to play or in the case of Sims not going to be given a chance because the coach doesnt like him then he needs to go.'

Best back tonight was Yow Yeh best fowards Teo

I'm not dismissive of criticism at all. I just stick to my beliefs - like a number of us here about T'eo.

I thought our defence wasn't that bad tonight. Sure it isn't great, but it's our attack that worries me most - too much lateral, no depth, and no creative plays behind the ruck by any of our playmakers.

As for Hoffman and Hunt and the Qld Cup, I think that's not a fair comparison. What you are allowed to do there is hardly what you are allowed to do in the top grade.

lyn said:
Donny said:
lyn said:
Donny said:
Yer to all the people that said wallace isnt worth what we pay him, tonight showed he probally deserves more. His kicking game and his short passing game last week were awsome, great defence and always shows heart. As soon as he is fit then he is straight back into the side.

God i cant praise Teo enough, if everyone played with the heart and spirit he did then the broncos win that game for mine. Thought Tronc was good without being brillant but he just travelled 30 odd hours to get there so he will improve.
So all of a sudden Te'o has the most heart and spirit in the team? It's funny how some people can change their mind completely at the drop of a hat.

Lol check any post i have posted, i havent had a bad word to say about Teo. He always plays well. Havent seen him play bad at all. icon_thumbs_u
Thats good then. icon_thumbs_u

It's just that Te'o copped so much last year for showing 'no heart' and I felt like I was the only Broncos supporter who liked him haha. [icon_razz1

That makes two of us thinking we are the only people who like Teo icon_thumbs_u icon_thumbs_u icon_thumbs_u

ethos said:
draggx said:
You would have to have seen some Qcup/U20's to see what these guys can actually do mate, But every naturally gifted player has his own style and when you try to force them to play someone else's way it fails. Slater/Inglis/Smith would all be nobody's if Belly told them how to play.

Imo Henjak may be over coaching our club. As Webby said on the Matty Johns show, Benny did not have a complicated plan but more allowed his plays to play to their style and it works when you have so many talented players.

I think we're clearly lacking in structure. No one seems to know what they're meant to be doing.

why ?? why are having to complain about this every damn week this season and quite a lot during last season too ??!

This is totally unacceptable

And what we are doing in attack is now hope that someone makes a break instead of creating chances - which is exactly what Kimmorley and Ennis did tonight.

rnabokov said:
I'm not dismissive of criticism at all. I just stick to my beliefs - like a number of us here about T'eo.

I thought our defence wasn't that bad tonight. Sure it isn't great, but it's our attack that worries me most.

As for Horrman and Hunt and the Qld Cup, I think that's not a fair comparison. What you are allowed to do there is hardly what you are allowed to do in the top grade.

again "A Naturally gifted player should be allowed to play his own game"

I am 100% confident that if players like Hunt,Hoffman,macca could play their own game we would not be sitting here bagging out Hunt/Hoffman

Those 3 blokes are naturally gifted players just like the Lockys,Johns,Slaters,Smiths,Cronks ect. Yes they have to play within the team i understand that but you also need to allow them to have their space stop trying to make them clones of previous players.

Donny said:
lyn said:
Donny said:
lyn said:
Donny said:
Yer to all the people that said wallace isnt worth what we pay him, tonight showed he probally deserves more. His kicking game and his short passing game last week were awsome, great defence and always shows heart. As soon as he is fit then he is straight back into the side.

God i cant praise Teo enough, if everyone played with the heart and spirit he did then the broncos win that game for mine. Thought Tronc was good without being brillant but he just travelled 30 odd hours to get there so he will improve.
So all of a sudden Te'o has the most heart and spirit in the team? It's funny how some people can change their mind completely at the drop of a hat.

Lol check any post i have posted, i havent had a bad word to say about Teo. He always plays well. Havent seen him play bad at all. icon_thumbs_u
Thats good then. icon_thumbs_u

It's just that Te'o copped so much last year for showing 'no heart' and I felt like I was the only Broncos supporter who liked him haha. [icon_razz1

That makes two of us thinking we are the only people who like Teo icon_thumbs_u icon_thumbs_u icon_thumbs_u

Teo is a good player with plenty of heart. he just struggled to turn that heart into form for a bit however is now doing it well.

draggx said:
Bull_Shark said:
[quote="Mr Wendell":2anql25w]So Henjack adds nothing as coach rest on Bennetts lorals. The only thing he has installed in the club is a lack of defense and a lack of confidence. Time to go Henjack.
when you listen to Bruno Cullen speak do you ever get the impression that he is remotely interested in ensuring the Broncos have the best possible chance of success on the field ?

I sure as hell don't

Really you think a CEO does not care if his club performs bad and starts losing money?[/quote:2anql25w]

The losing money part is not an issue, because as Bruno loves to remind everyone, the Broncos are a pretty strong club financially.

But I never get the impression he's as interested in ensuring the football side of the Broncos is as good as it can possibly be.

draggx said:
rnabokov said:

I thought our defence wasn't that bad tonight. Sure it isn't great, but it's our attack that worries me most.

As for Horrman and Hunt and the Qld Cup, I think that's not a fair comparison. What you are allowed to do there is hardly what you are allowed to do in the top grade.

again "A Naturally gifted player should be allowed to play his own game"

I am 100% confident that if players like Hunt,Hoffman,macca could play their own game we would not be sitting here bagging out Hunt/Hoffman
Ok. But what is their natural game? I haven't seen any evidence of it yet. I am not blaming them. I don't deny their talent. It's just that Im not seeing it at the top level.

How do we get them to show their wares?

Those 3 blokes are naturally gifted players just like the Lockys,Johns,Slaters,Smiths,Cronks ect. Yes they have to play within the team i understand that but you also need to allow them to have their space stop trying to make them clones of previous players.

Bull_Shark said:
draggx said:
[quote="Bull_Shark":13rqmmin][quote="Mr Wendell":13rqmmin]So Henjack adds nothing as coach rest on Bennetts lorals. The only thing he has installed in the club is a lack of defense and a lack of confidence. Time to go Henjack.
when you listen to Bruno Cullen speak do you ever get the impression that he is remotely interested in ensuring the Broncos have the best possible chance of success on the field ?

I sure as hell don't

Really you think a CEO does not care if his club performs bad and starts losing money?[/quote:13rqmmin]

The losing money part is not an issue, because as Bruno loves to remind everyone, the Broncos are a pretty strong club financially.

But I never get the impression he's as interested in ensuring the football side of the Broncos is as good as it can possibly be.[/quote:13rqmmin]

We are a strong club financially due to our record on the field, i'm sure Bruno knows that without that continuing we will struggle financially in the future.

I realise that its still very early days for Hunt, but personally I see nothing special. He has been talked about by some as our next big star... but nothing about him has given me that impression tbh.

tkday said:
I am so full of rage right now. I can't believe how dissapointing Hunt and Hoffman. So what were the serious injuries?

Think Winterstein did his hammy & Macca his shoulder?

Draggx, you may be right about the overcoaching but comparing Toyota Cup to NRL is crazy, just because you star in lower grade doesn't mean you will make it in 1st grade. As for playing their natural game, well they also have to be able to do the basics of the game well and fit into a team before they can play their own game. Team play comes first.

I am still waiting to know what their natural game is. IMO, if they had one, they'd be showing it. Nothing could stop them, like nothing stopped Locky, or Inglis, or Slater when they came up as youngsters. They just had ”it“ and showed it, whatever structure their team had.

I agree rna. I don't understand the logic, if they have 'it' then surely when we are down by 20 is the ideal time to show something? Yes they may have talent but not the x factor we expect from all the hype.

rnabokov said:
I am still waiting to know what their natural game is. IMO, if they had one, they'd be showing it. Nothing could stop them, like nothing stopped Locky, or Inglis, or Slater when they came up as youngsters. They just had ”it“ and showed it, whatever structure their team had.

Exactly. I'm waiting to see SOME sign of "it" from Ben Hunt. Something...anything...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt tonight (again) but seriously, just give me a glimpse!!!! [icon_pray.

Inglis didn't really show 'it' straight away.

I get the point, but some players take awhile to develop.

I don't believe Hunt is a superstar though. If anything, he could be the next Cooper Cronk. I don't consider Hoffman a long term option...

Meat77 said:
rnabokov said:

Exactly. I'm waiting to see SOME sign of "it" from Ben Hunt. Something...anything...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt tonight (again) but seriously, just give me a glimpse!!!! [icon_pray.

+1. He's left me scratching my head so far.

Mmmm - Norman certainly showed “it” in his first game till he was crushed by the hype.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • eggstar10
  • Foordy
  • HarryAllan7
  • Cavalo
  • sooticus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.