Broncos Vs. Eels - Build Up Thread

Smith will be out for a week - Moi Moi can play with a guilty plea.

Bucking Beads said:
His kicking game was great, he actually hit the turf which is a minor miracle in itself.. The big test is over the next 2 weeks. Will he stand up and lead the team or will he fall into his old habits again.
The forwards laid a platform for him and Locky to kick strongly, it shows how important that is for the halves to be able to do their job properly.

I think Locky being confirmed out has improved our chances.
Before you go WTF....

I think Locky not being there will have the whole team super focussed and wanting to prove a point. If they lose they will be labelled shit like "one man team"(which we aren't) and getting a win this close without their best player is a huge confidence booster for the team and something they will be aiming for no doubt.

If the Great One returns this week from his injury to play his first game this year that will be a masssiivvee boost, not his individual game but the confidence it will give to the rest of the team.

I expect Parker and Wallace to have massive games. Also expect Thaiday, Hoffman and Folau to be awesome as per usual.

And remember the last few games we played without Lockyer. Smashed the Rabbits and JUST lost to the Tigers. I think we have a good chance against Parra.

Win or lose I want Teo to smash Hayne

I would be tempted to leave the hooker situation as it is and bring Norman in to start at 6. If either Hunt or Norman has a shocker they can each sub for the other if you follow.

It will be interesting to see if Henjak gained confidence out of the Wallace/Hunt combo towards the end of the Cowboys game or whether he'll go with Wallace/Norman as he has previously this season. Either way I think Norman will replace Lockyer, just a matter of if he starts or is on the bench.

Wallace/Hunt would probably be stronger. Thinking about it I guess Macca could play for at least 60 mins comfortably and then we have plenty of utility type players to relieve him.

tickets purchased, im with broncospwn, i think they'll fire up without locky, we'll want to prove a point.
and what better way to do it by putting a nail in the coffin of the eels season!

The Rock said:
This is a no-brainer. Hunt and Wallace in the halves, Macca to play the entire 80 at hooker.

No reason to bring in Norman at this stage of the season. Hunt, Macca and Wallace have all played together this year and despite some of their ordinary form, they at least know each other's game which could be crucial. I think throwing Norman in could throw things around a bit. We need to play it conservative.

See I reckon Norman coming in throws things around a bit less. Macca and Hunt interchanging is working well, and doesn't put as much pressure on Macca to play the 80 minutes strongly, which is what he has struggled with this season.

The Rock said:
I think the less disruption to the team as a whole at the moment is the best option. We're playing Parramatta, a team that is extremely beatable. We just need a good defensive game and a "solid" attacking game and we'll win. I am not sure about throwing Norman in and expecting him to work with the other play-makers and dummy halves. This sort of inexperience at this time of the year in a big game isn't such a good idea. Parramatta and Newcastle aren't great teams, both out of the 8, both have massive defensive issues this year - They are vulnerable enough IMO, let's do our homework, defend well, and I think it'll be fine.

^^^^ This

The last thing we really need to be doing at this stage of the year is changing the team around a lot, we need to keep the combinations going that we already have.

Hunt will do the job in the halves.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5903150315

Courier Mail seems to think Norman is playing at 6. Thats a good thing IMO.

Going to be interesting though to see if Winter is back. If he is who is going to be dropped? McGuire, Anderson and Dodds were very good against the Cowboys. Personally I'd just like to see Glen continue on the wing with Gillet in the Centre's until Hodges comes back.

Norman may be a good player, but he's not ready to play for us yet. He offers absolutely zero. He had one good game as fullback and that's it. I don't want to seem him come out, it will make our job harder. I agree with Macca at hooker and hunt/wallace in halves.

tkday said:
Norman may be a good player, but he's not ready to play for us yet. He offers absolutely zero. He had one good game as fullback and that's it. I don't want to seem him come out, it will make our job harder. I agree with Macca at hooker and hunt/wallace in halves.

Did you completely miss the Souths game? As the Courier Mail reported, he touched the ball 40 times in that game, and the Broncos ran in 9 tries....he was excellent at five-eighth that day.

Sure, he was shithouse against the Tigers, as was Wallace - in fact it was combined the worst halves performance in Broncos history - but I'm prepared to bet that won't happen again.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.