Broncos youngsters under threat from poachers.

To be fair Norman is playing pretty decently for Parra, I still don't think he's an upgrade on anyone in our spine though.

Who are the lots of talented Broncos playing for other clubs?

Norman
Robinson?
Hoffman?
Michaels?

A couple of Sims brothers come to mind.

There are a bunch that have withered away that were potentially on a path to being decent before leaving, like Beale, who, had things been different, could have been a premiership winning fullback.

Then players like Frei or Andrew Clayton who just disappeared. Both of them were coming along nicely. Frei would have played first grade had he not injured himself playing for the 20s. He's in Q Cup now IIRC. And Clayton was named in an NYC best-of-the-year team before disappearing at the Sharks.

Maybe WB sees something in the Hunt and Norman partnership. The few times they did play together they looked decent.

Still, I'd rather our junior halves than Norman.

Only other guys who have left us that I can think of is Winterstein and Granville.

If Bennett brings back Norman I'd be furious. I don't think there's a player I'd hate more to play for us. His attitude of I'm too good to play anywhere but 6 just pisses me off. Hopefully the Eels keep him forever. **** off Norman. I was hoping like hell the round 13 deadline would pass without him reneging.

Maybe WB sees something in the Hunt and Norman partnership. The few times they did play together they looked decent.

Still, I'd rather our junior halves than Norman.

Only other guys who have left us that I can think of is Winterstein and Granville.

No doubt a number of other posters thought the same thing, but Morkel and I both believed at the time that Hunt and Norman should have been playing together in QCUP developing their combo. They were touted as the future of the Broncos but were essentially split up. Head scratcher

I laughed my head off when Prince retired at the end of 2013 and had Norman not signed with Parra that year he would have surely been our 6 in 2014 instead of either Hoffman or Barba.

I also rate Frei but for whatever reason he hasn't made it. Sims brothers are absolutely losses.

1. Hunt
2. Robinson
3. Gagai (that's one we definitely just forgot)
4. Beale
5. Hoffman
6. Norman
7. ??
8. Kims
9. Granville
10. TLL
11. Tims
12. Frei
13. Timu

not a lot there other than Kims, Tims, Gagai and Hunt right?

Frei is not 'lost to another club' he's playing for Wynnum- who are a Broncos feeder club. He doesn't fit the players Bennett is talking about.

With reference to Ari's post above about our (maybe losing) our young talent, what I like about Bennett's comment I posted above, and why I posted it here, was:

"... we have to make sure that doesn't keep happening," he said."

Last edited:
If Bennett brings back Norman I'd be furious. I don't think there's a player I'd hate more to play for us. His attitude of I'm too good to play anywhere but 6 just ****es me off. Hopefully the Eels keep him forever. **** off Norman. I was hoping like hell the round 13 deadline would pass without him reneging.

A simple analysis of what has transpired, hey broncospwn!!.

Shame it has nothing to do with the facts . But I digress

" Norman is believed to be just days from accepting an Eels offer in excess of $400,000 a year, a contract that is impossible for the Broncos to match given the big-name stars on their books. It is the 21-year-old's relationship with his mother Sandy that could sway his final decision. As a single mother, Sandy raised Norman while working night shift at a petrol station to pay the bills. A move to Parramatta would put Norman among the highest-paid players in the game. "He is enjoying his time here at the club at the moment," Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough said. "He is his own man and whatever he chooses to benefit him and his mother, I know he is pretty close with her, that is for him to decide and we will just worry about ourselves.' Courier Mail 2013

edit: personal attack

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt a number of other posters thought the same thing, but Morkel and I both believed at the time that Hunt and Norman should have been playing together in QCUP developing their combo. They were touted as the future of the Broncos but were essentially split up. Head scratcher

ycbU7.gif

Yeah Winterstein belongs in that list. Gagai, not so much, he was shown the door. [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION], Frei was signed by Newcastle wasn't he? Was he unwanted or was he promised a faster path to FG there? He certainly wasn't direct to Q-Cup.

" Norman is believed to be just days from accepting an Eels offer in excess of $400,000 a year, a contract that is impossible for the Broncos to match given the big-name stars on their books. It is the 21-year-old's relationship with his mother Sandy that could sway his final decision. As a single mother, Sandy raised Norman while working night shift at a petrol station to pay the bills. A move to Parramatta would put Norman among the highest-paid players in the game. "He is enjoying his time here at the club at the moment," Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough said. "He is his own man and whatever he chooses to benefit him and his mother, I know he is pretty close with her, that is for him to decide and we will just worry about ourselves.' Courier Mail 2013

That dig is a bit uncalled for. Norman himself said that he was frustrated here at not being in his preferred position. And that the Broncos "saw him as more of a fullback". I'm 100% with @broncospwn on this one, maybe take your own advice and read all the articles and comments made by fans on their observations during games, instead of finding one article that glosses over Norman's arrogance.

And if his latest comments are BS, and the main reason always was to chase the money, then compare Norman's attitude to Hunt's. Norman wanted it now. The position. The money. Wasn't willing to bide his time like players used to do. Hunt has done precisely what was asked of him, and he's now played for his country. And is getting the same money as Norman, but with the possibility of earning much more if his star continues to rise. I'll give you one guess which of those two I respect the most.

Last edited by a moderator:

You could tell me Norman helped a kid reunite with his parents after 15 years in the wild and I still wouldn't want him at the Broncos.

We all have players in the game we don't like, Norman is right up there for me. His mother working night shifts at a petrol station to pay the bills might be all warm and fuzzy but he can still **** off and finish his career with the Eels.

Last edited:

But he said the main the main reason he left was because he was uncertain whether the club even wanted him after signing former Queensland halfback Scott Prince.

Prince ultimately retired at the end of the 2013 season.

When Norman left, Brisbane signed Ben Barba as their five-eighth for 2014 in a move that failed for both parties.

Norman said he was relishing the prospect of tackling his old Red Hill mates this Saturday, but stressed there was no ill-will towards the club.

“Yeah there was frustration (with the Broncos) but I wanted to play in the halves and I didn’t know what Scott Prince was going to do… whether he would stay another year,” Norman said.

“I didn’t know what other players were doing and I had to make a decision. I think they saw me as a fullback anyway.

“I couldn’t lock down the halves spot and the Eels offered me a chance to come down and do that.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...to-join-the-eels/story-fniabjcr-1227317809976

Last edited:
I also forgot Dunamis Lui in the side I put up on the last page.

I also forgot Dunamis Lui in the side I put up on the last page.

Speaking of Lui, I've noticed he's playing considerably longer minutes at Manly. He's averaging about 47 mins, which is pretty much level with the Josh McGuire and more than any of our props. It's about 40 mins more than what he was doing at the Broncos hahah.

I've been impressed with Dunamis this season, he's been close to Manly's most consistent forward (Well, he's one of the only healthy ones, to be fair)

I've been impressed with Dunamis this season, he's been close to Manly's most consistent forward (Well, he's one of the only healthy ones, to be fair)

The thing I always liked about him, was that he is relatively quick, so he carries the ball with good leg speed. He doesn't just amble in to the defence like some of the other forward do.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Justwin
  • TimWhatley
  • Ondi
  • Foordy
  • Spoon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Thelmus
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • MrTickyMcG
  • PNG Broncos fan88
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.