[Confirmed] Ben Barba signs with Cronulla

Re: [RUMOUR] Ben Barba to Cronulla

Hayne was the only good player in a team of turkeys. Most of the time he had to play with a spine consisting of Roberts, Sandow and Keating and a team of weak forwards and average backs. Put Billy Slater behind the 2010-2013 Eels and he would've looked ordinary. Hayne had to do every single thing on his own and had basically nobody to support him. Barba won't have to much to work with at Cronulla as most of their players are scrubs apart from a handful.

I don't disagree, however Barba's Dally M season was behind a monster forward pack and Cronulla does have that in Fifita, Gallen, Graham et al. And only an idiot would bulk him up like we did. So a lighter, fitter and hungry Barba who has a point to prove will be a MASSIVE pick up for Cronulla. So disappointed we are letting him go to accommodate Boyd. We are letting a genuine match winner with X factor go for a very good player with a high price tag.

I don't disagree, however Barba's Dally M season was behind a monster forward pack and Cronulla does have that in Fifita, Gallen, Graham et al. And only an idiot would bulk him up like we did. So a lighter, fitter and hungry Barba who has a point to prove will be a MASSIVE pick up for Cronulla. So disappointed we are letting him go to accommodate Boyd. We are letting a genuine match winner with X factor go for a very good player with a high price tag.

It is a joke......as if Barba scoring a hatrick against Bennets own team wasn't enough. Feel sorry for Barba....Bennet will look like a fool next season when Barba is cutting it up for Cronulla.

It is a joke......as if Barba scoring a hatrick against Bennets own team wasn't enough. Feel sorry for Barba....Bennet will look like a fool next season when Barba is cutting it up for Cronulla.

Or justified when barba plays like he has for the last 2 years at 1 mil a season

Haha remember when we thought he'd be "cutting it up" for us too. Didn't happen. I could have scored those three tries against the Knights.

Barba just didn't click here and I was very disappointed. I don't care if he kicks on at another club, he doesn't fit into our team currently and its a waste of cap space sitting in QLD cup. He isn't exactly getting paid peanuts and his money can be better spend elsewhere.

Well that leaves absolutely no doubt that Barba was given literally no chance of getting the fullback position under Bennett, unlike what some like to say. Bennett playing favourites again.

Well that leaves absolutely no doubt that Barba was given literally no chance of getting the fullback position under Bennett, unlike what some like to say. Bennett playing favourites again.

Yeah because when a new coach comes in they never chop and change the squad to suit what they think fits best. wake up.

Oh nos he wasn't allowed to play where he wanted, big meanie coach. Ben should get his mum to write the Broncos a strongly worded email.

This is meant to be a professional sporting club. This isn't kanga cricket FFS

Well said mate, how about ben barba goes & have a cry to his mum. You want to play for a Professional football club deal with it.

"where he wants"? He was given the choice of staying and *maybe* getting a bench spot at best, but even that is highly unlikely with a Bennett coached team. Lets not forget that a few days ago you guys were all preaching how fair Bennett is and that he hasn't decided Boyd is fullback but will let the trials determine the position lol.

All that flippin, we got some acrobats up in herrrrre.

Mate, Bennett has decided who the fullback will be & the fullback will be an experience player who is good under the high balls, good in attack as well as he can defend. So you guys stuck having a whinge and be happy we actually got a gun player- He's name is Darius Boyd.

"where he wants"? He was given the choice of staying and *maybe* getting a bench spot at best, but even that is highly unlikely with a Bennett coached team. Lets not forget that a few days ago you guys were all preaching how fair Bennett is and that he hasn't decided Boyd is fullback but will let the trials determine the position lol.

Mate, Bennett has decided who the fullback will be & the fullback will be an experience player who is good under the high balls, good in attack as well as he can defend. So you guys stuck having a whinge and be happy we actually got a gun player- He's name is Darius Boyd.

I gotta say, I'm with AP on this one. You guys are saying Barba is going and having a cry and this isn't schoolyard etc, then why is Bennett playing favourites with his 'son'? Isn't it exactly the same thing? Happens all the time in little leagues with fathers picking their son but aren't the Boncs supposed to be more professional than that?

I gotta say, I'm with AP on this one. You guys are saying Barba is going and having a cry and this isn't schoolyard etc, then why is Bennett playing favourites with his 'son'? Isn't it exactly the same thing? Happens all the time in little leagues with fathers picking their son but aren't the Boncs supposed to be more professional than that?

Mate do you know what you're talking about

I wasn't saying that a few days ago, I think maybe one person was saying something similar to that. It has become apparent with all this post requoting and "BHQ said this" "remember when you said this and I said this, well I'm right" nonsense that your posts are less about your concern for the broncos and more about your concern of being seen as right by a bunch of people you don't know on an internet forum.

Bennett wants Boyd to be fullback and that his decision, yep it's favouritism but if we are winning games I don't give a shit.

Your acting like we had GI at fullback and Bennett has waltzed and offered him a role off the bench if he plays his cards right. Barba has not been even a decent fullback since 2012 and it has become apparent that his fantastic form that yeah was to do with confidence, but mainly speed. With what seems to be a chronic ankle injury and that speed no where to be seen since the injury it appears he doesn't have a great deal more to his game.

So you're questioning the judgement of the G.O.A.T RL coach and siding with some anonymous 'neville' on a forum.

I didn't say Barba was having a cry.

Every coach has a favourite that for whatever reason they see stuff in even if a lot of the fanbase can't (hello, T-rex?!?)

Be it favouritism, father/son or some of the more disgusting stuff that has been said; Bennett believes that Boyd will do the job at fullback better than Barba. At the end of the he is the one that will receive the accolades if it pays off and the criticism and consequences if it doesn't.

I'll put a scenario to you. Say Bennett comes in and is stupid enough to listen to the fans and plays Barba at fullback over what is his better judgement (rightly or wrongly, let's not start the merry-go-round again). Persists with that for a few years and Barba's form doesn't improve, the team doesn't and we continue the mediocrity. When questions are asked are you going to accept an answer of "well it was really important to keep Barba there because it's what the fans wanted and he want's to stay close to his kids and that's what's most important".

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.