Oct 17, 2013
The Broncos theme song is fucking terrible

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Most theme songs are, tbh.

Probably one of the few areas where AFL has the edge on the NRL.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
If we're talking in terms of objective metrics such as memberships, attendances, ratings etc. Sure

Subjective like the one I listed, not really. AFL doesn't make for a compelling sport.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Most theme songs are, tbh.

Probably one of the few areas where AFL has the edge on the NRL.

I was in Europe on a tour bus. Before we entered a country, the guide would play the national anthem of that country. When the French one came on, I started singing the Brisbane Lions victory song. Damn near identical.

Regarding the 9 V Fox debate, it's the atmosphere for mine. You can hear when the crowd roars in the 9 telecast which makes the Fox one sound very dull by comparison. The only thing they could do better is bring back Vossy. How much longer is that **** Hadley contracted to 9? I noticed he faded out towards the end of the year.

Controversial topic: I think the Raiders will come along in leaps and bounds next year.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Another opinion I have: the Broncos recruitment and retention for a while (going back before Bennett left) has been terrible. I think it began when the Civoniceva deal fell through but it was probably earlier. A team full of back-rowers that can be interchanged whenever injury occurs sounds good in theory but it has proven to be false. The Cowboys seem to do it better - they go looking for players they need. A good example is fullback. Matt Bowen retires so they sign Lachlan Coote. Although he was injured the point remains - if you need a fullback bloody sign one.

A lot of our signings over the last few years make little to no sense.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I was in Europe on a tour bus. Before we entered a country, the guide would play the national anthem of that country. When the French one came on, I started singing the Brisbane Lions victory song. Damn near identical.

You're dead to me.

Regarding the 9 V Fox debate, it's the atmosphere for mine. You can hear when the crowd roars in the 9 telecast which makes the Fox one sound very dull by comparison. The only thing they could do better is bring back Vossy. How much longer is that **** Hadley contracted to 9? I noticed he faded out towards the end of the year.

Bring back Vossy for sure. Has every other commentator beaten in all areas. Mostly.

Controversial topic: I think the Raiders will come along in leaps and bounds next year.

I hope they don't and don't think they will. Without Milford they've got absolutely nothing. I'm looking forward to them paying over a million dollars a season for Blake Austin & Tom Symonds and then bitch that there is not enough money in the cap.

morethanjack

morethanjack

NYC Player
Contributor
Aug 12, 2013
The Broncos theme song is fucking terrible

We've got the team work, to make the dream work. Gets me every time.

I think about what I'd have to do to get the song rewritten every time it's played.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I agree, the song is crap.

They need to change it. And fast.

Get a rock theme song or something. Something that's going to pump me up when the boys run out.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The beer is shit at the footy.

So is the pre-game entertainment.

Sorry, but our cheerleaders are terrible. Worst in the league. And Buck? How boring...

Last edited:
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Another opinion I have: the Broncos recruitment and retention for a while (going back before Bennett left) has been terrible. I think it began when the Civoniceva deal fell through but it was probably earlier. A team full of back-rowers that can be interchanged whenever injury occurs sounds good in theory but it has proven to be false. The Cowboys seem to do it better - they go looking for players they need. A good example is fullback. Matt Bowen retires so they sign Lachlan Coote. Although he was injured the point remains - if you need a fullback bloody sign one.

A lot of our signings over the last few years make little to no sense.

Recruitment yes, but not retention. I've been thinking about this for months, intended on starting a thread on it.

Besides Petero, and the players we lost to other codes, I think our retention, and more specifically, the players we have chosen to keep vs those we let go, has been exceptional. At least with players that have already played in the top grade (which conveniently allows me to excuse Tariq Sims). Every time a player has gone, with the line of "for a better opportunity", I'm always concerned that maybe they were being wrongly held back by the club and they'd turn in to barnstormers. Specifically players like Gerard Beale, who had been in the system for what, at least 5 years before playing NRL, and had big wraps on them. Corey Norman, Dunamis Lui, you'd even be hard pressed to think that Te'o would be getting a place over our 4 rep-spec backrowers (and even then, his move overseas suggests he'd still only do it for big money).

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I hate that we have two captains.

To me it's the new age modernistic view of RL. TBH, it's embarrassing.

I'd like to revert back to only having one captain.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

"Good Old Collingwood forever" I love singing the club song with the Magpie army when the Magpies beat the Lions. The only Aussie Rules game I attend.

I know that Hadley isn't intending to take over from Rabs when he retires which is a relief. Hopefully that Matt Thompson dude takes over. I like him from what I've heard calls the game with some real enthusiasm but needs to tone it down a bit at times.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
You're dead to me.

Lol, legitimately know about 2 lines but the music is basically identically. But that's fine, go **** yourself. :wavey:

"Good Old Collingwood forever" I love singing the club song with the Magpie army when the Magpies beat the Lions. The only Aussie Rules game I attend.

I know that Hadley isn't intending to take over from Rabs when he retires which is a relief. Hopefully that Matt Thompson dude takes over. I like him from what I've heard calls the game with some real enthusiasm but needs to tone it down a bit at times.

If you being a NSW supporter wasn't enough, that's just clinched it. You are now my mortal enemy.

Hot Lions, Cold Pies!!!.....although admittedly not lately. Watched the 02(?) GF with a couple of Pies supporters, lolworthy to say the least.

Last edited:
gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
Since Mr Fourex brought up the captaincy, I don't think hodges or Parker should be captain.

Hodgo's too unpredictable and Parker seems too quiet.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Not only a NSW'ker and Grubs fan... you top it off with fucking Collingwood?

Being a Broncos supporter cleanses a lot, but sorry to tell you mate... your soul is doomed!

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
The hatred of Collingwood is the sole reason why I adopted them in the first place. I love going for hated teams the hatred of them makes cheering for them even better.

I'm not a die hard fan or anything I just have a passing interest in Aussie Rules and the only games I watch are the Grand Final and a Magpies game every once in a while and I also attend the Collingwood game in Brisbane. Not to keen on the AFL but I don't mind the occasional game.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.