Drugs in sport - government investigation

*Causal.

And if you read the wording:

Note that they're saying there's absolutely no way they could make a judgment on the legitimacy of the concerns without thorough review of the case.

For the Daily Telegraph to go front page with this is absolutely disgusting. I hope James Hooper, Josh Massoud and especially Rebecca Wilson get arse cancer and that no NRL player ever talks to anyone at the Daily Telegraph ever again.
Oh I agree, DT are trying to profit from a dead person by using a sensationalist headline to imply that the drugs they gave him killed him based on only a possibility and then they put the world "link" as a quote to cover their ass legally.

But really what's new? That's mainstream media for ya.

P.s R Wilson and J Massoud are absolute fucktards.

Last edited:
Arent the DT just reporting based on the report given to them by cronulla? It seems the link between mannah and the peptides was actually part of cronullas report

Yes, but they shouldn't be making a big deal about the Mannah link. It's not proven, it's not even likely (according to the report), yet they make it front page about a bloke who only died a few weeks ago and whose family and friends are still grieving. And they implicitly frame the article as if Stephen Dank contributed to his death.

Just absolutely disgusting journalism.

Arent the DT just reporting based on the report given to them by cronulla? It seems the link between mannah and the peptides was actually part of cronullas report

That's what I thought too. It wasn't a conclusion jumped to by the media, it was a finding in the report. This changes everything - it'll most definitely become a criminal investigation now.

Sharks get court order to block News Ltd story

The Cronulla Sharks have obtained a court order to prevent News Ltd from publishing further information about the leaked independent report.

It is believed Sharks chairman Glenn Coleman delivered legal documents to News Ltd's Surry Hills headquarters on Saturday afternoon shortly before the first edition of The Sunday Telegraph was sent to the printers.

Cronulla obtained an injunction after a News Ltd columnist boasted on Sydney radio on Saturday that more information from the report would be published.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...r-to-block-news-ltd-story-20130427-2iljj.html

I can't imagine they have much to link it to the cancer. They're probably more concerned about any illegal drug use coming out to the public.

Why name someone when they're not even sure the substance he used was on the banned list at that time? ASADA are a joke IMO until they actually prove something has happened.

With the resignation of David Evans of Essendon, I think this thing is about to blow up big time. The findings are to be handed down Monday week apparently. Anyone think Cronulla should be concerned?

If Cronulla get docked some serious salary cap points it will help our chances of making the 8... Otherwise meh, Cronulla are a shit club that offer nothing to the game besides a 2 hour time slot for Fox Sports to fill 24 times per year. Ideally the entire club goes under so we can get a new team elsewhere.

If Cronulla get docked some serious salary cap points it will help our chances of making the 8... Otherwise meh, Cronulla are a **** club that offer nothing to the game besides a 2 hour time slot for Fox Sports to fill 24 times per year. Ideally the entire club goes under so we can get a new team elsewhere.

Gee spwn why denigrate Cronulla so much ? I mean what have they done wrong ? Been in the comp since 67, always been raped and pillaged by St George and other rich clubs, always been blue collar and never had the cash of the inner city clubs, always had plenty of Queenslanders play for them, never cheated the cap or got special favours like Manly, Roosters etc. Don't you think after battling against the odds for 46 years and never winning a grand final that they deserve some joy ? It's not like they have disgraced league or done something awful other clubs haven't done. We tried other new clubs and they've come and gone but back when Superleague was born , Cronulla came with us into the new order. We could dump the Roosters or Manly though lol.

I don't hate Cronulla I just don't rate them as an important club for the NRL to keep around and they are too stubborn to re-locate.

With the resignation of David Evans of Essendon, I think this thing is about to blow up big time. The findings are to be handed down Monday week apparently. Anyone think Cronulla should be concerned?

**** yeah .... there's a bunch of Sharks players now that have all but admitted to using banned substances. They are just working out the finer details of their actions and their club acknowledging that the players were "unaware" what exactly they were taking. Just following the clubs mandatory vitamin programme....... apparently.

Basically before copping to it....the players are wanting to organise their own punishment.

Strange how unwanted mediocre players one year, turn into "heroes", running more metres/game than any other player in their position before, can't recognise the correlation in taking part of their new vitamin regime to their new found super powers and don't think

hmmmm....co-incidence

or not?

There are no innocent victims here IMO.

Cronulla Sharks captain Paul Gallen was in group of players locked in negotiations with government | News.com.au

Last edited:
So, whatever they have allegedly taken was banned at the time. Just a question, if they were under the care of the clubs staff are they obliged to know exactly was in the peptides and if they were on a banned list ? Also , is there concrete evidence that the substances mentioned were in the peptides/supplements ?

ASADA have used a sneaky way to try and get people to comply by offering them a six month ban in September so as to be on the field for next year in the early rounds. That is a desperate play and Id say they have very little real solid evidence. They are looking for someone to start dobbing so they can look good. It seems like much ado about nothing. The amount of steroids which contributed to many of the earlier premierships would fill an iron ore ship. If we forced some of the stars from the seventies and eighties into the witness box there wouldn't be a valid premiership team from the seventies through the eighties.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.