Folou signed by the broncos

Initially i had my doubts about this signing but after thinking about it for a moment, this is really exciting!

I dont think we will loose any of our promising young backs as i believe that we have now a lot of room under the cap. As someone mentioned before we have had Berrigan, Carlaw, Petro and Thorn all leave the club last season. On top of that this is Carroll's last year. All players that would be and had been on good wages. The amount that was freed up this season could mean Folou could already be recieving money from the Broncos, if that is allowed of course.

Added to that I have read that Cameron Smith has mentioned thoughts of returning to Queensland and maybe with the Broncos, and I have a feeling this could be the next signing to shock the league (maybe not shock but a better word has evaded me for now). It could explain the Storms sluggish start to the season as even Smith mentioned in the same article (Sunday Mail i think it was) that a lot of the Melbourne players get home sick at different times as all of them are playing away from their homes. A lot of them could be secretly thinking , "Well, we have got that premiership, now I want to go home". Anyway I'm getting off the topic here. If Smith ends up at the Broncos our future continues to get brighter.

The team could end up looking like Boyd at fullback Kemp, Michaels, Hodges and Falou our outside backs. Wallace and Lockyer our halves then Hunt when lockyer has had enough. Smith and Marsh hookers and then an exciting pack of Clinton, Hannant, Parker, Thiaday, Sims, Stagg, Taylor, Kenny. Thats my thought's anyway....

Let's GO BRONCOS!

Happy to have Folau join us. Quality outside back.

Jargernaut said:
Added to that I have read that Cameron Smith has mentioned thoughts of returning to Queensland and maybe with the Broncos, and I have a feeling this could be the next signing to shock the league (maybe not shock but a better word has evaded me for now).

PJ Marsh is showing enough to make me think he'll be our first choice hooker for a while, and Ennis could easily be our resident bench utility. Where would Smith play?

Great signing for what I feel is quite a reasonable price. These really are exciting times

Something tells me that Ennis might be the most likely to leave; he's not a Queenslander and from my understanding Bennett played a strong part in him coming to join us. With all the talk of who might follow if Bellamy comes, if anyone from the Broncos were to do likewise and follow Bennett, then Ennis would be the most likely IMO.

Coxy said:
Happy to have Folau join us. Quality outside back.

Jargernaut said:
Added to that I have read that Cameron Smith has mentioned thoughts of returning to Queensland and maybe with the Broncos, and I have a feeling this could be the next signing to shock the league (maybe not shock but a better word has evaded me for now).

PJ Marsh is showing enough to make me think he'll be our first choice hooker for a while, and Ennis could easily be our resident bench utility. Where would Smith play?

Coxy, I am a fan of Ennis as well and agree with you that PJ has been excellent for us as Hooker, personally I dont think we need to change this but if Cameron Smith cam knocking on our door asking to play for us the Broncos would seriously consider it :)

Agreed, but then most people would consider talking to Carl Webb too. Bruno said no, happy with what we've got.

I'd rather a player who doesn't whinge and complain.

The Rock said:
Sorry, don't want to sound rude or anything but if you seriously prefer Michaels over Folou then you have massive rocks in your head.

Folau is slightly better in attack.
Michaels is much better in defense.

No contest really IMHO.

Alec said:
The Rock said:
Sorry, don't want to sound rude or anything but if you seriously prefer Michaels over Folou then you have massive rocks in your head.

No contest really IMHO.

Slightly better in attack? :|
I rate Steve as an attacker, but Folau runs rings around him, and then over the top of him.

Defensively though, I agree, but then Folau isn't as experienced in the centres.

It's a headache. Good luck [insert coach's name here] [icon_lol1.

Alec said:
The Rock said:

No contest really IMHO.

I hope your being sarcastic there....... Micheals wouldn't have 6 clubs chasing him nor would he get a 400k contract, now would he get 21 tries in a season. I don't think he'll be a rep footballer any time soon either, micheals a great player but falou clearly better.

I'm not saying Folau doesn't have potential to be one of the best eventually. All I am saying is Michaels is better right now. If Folau does improve in a few areas, he will definitely be better than Michaels though. But right now, nothing can convince me that I am wrong yet. :oops:

Well alec, I suggest you watch some Melbourne game, he is an absolute superstar NOW, he will be even better in the future, right now as we speak he is the 3rd or 4th best centre in the game, so in 1 or 2 years him and hodges will easily be the best centre pairing in the game. What he has achieved in his first year Micheal may not achieve in his career. I respect your opinion though, although as hard working and down to earth micheals is I don't think he has the natural talent to go with it.

Leo said:
Something tells me that Ennis might be the most likely to leave; he's not a Queenslander and from my understanding Bennett played a strong part in him coming to join us. With all the talk of who might follow if Bellamy comes, if anyone from the Broncos were to do likewise and follow Bennett, then Ennis would be the most likely IMO.

I have a feeling Ennis will return to Newcastle.

ningnangnong said:
Leo said:

Gee I hope not!!! I'd love for him to be see out his career at the Broncos!!

Jebadude said:
ningnangnong said:
Leo said:

Gee I hope not!!! I'd love for him to be see out his career at the Broncos!!

As would i, but Newcastle need a hooker and they were his original club. Plus there's the reasons "Leo" stated.

Who knows really. [icon_shru

has anyone heard just how much this 4 year deal is worth? i've now heard 3 different figures, all ofcourse involving alot of money

great signing - for sure
risky - yes

sincerely hope is not 500k as speculated ... how can any team justify that let alone the Broncs ?

what is he, 20 yo atm ? surely he'll be in the backrow by age 24 then

Oink !

Anyone going to go down to the press conference?

4 year, 1.6 Million deal.

Nice little chunk of the cap there. But jesus, what a hell of a backline. I dread 2009 for any team!

Active Now

• mrtij
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • Allo
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • Tmac
  • Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • Browny
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.