Issac Luke joins the Broncos

Time will tell I guess

What @1910 posted elsewhere is telling:

"Now moving on to Herbie, thought it was a great game, and the type of performance I have been raving about in ISC. Great body position though the line, like I have said he finds a way to make ground. Great football knowledge, that's easily his bench mark game now for runs."

For mine, he and Coates should be our settled wings. They will both be stars.

What @1910 posted elsewhere is telling:

"Now moving on to Herbie, thought it was a great game, and the type of performance I have been raving about in ISC. Great body position though the line, like I have said he finds a way to make ground. Great football knowledge, that's easily his bench mark game now for runs."

For mine, he and Coates should be our settled wings. They will both be stars.
Yep, i would be having oates on the bench. That would cover our 2nd rowers to have break if needed and supports seibolds persistence with having an outside back on the bench to cover injuries. This will enable us to carry a replacement hooker on the bench, with two middle forwards.

Hasn't he signed with the Bulldogs the year after ?

Nope. That was a ‘Hoops’ special (ie: completed fabricated) that McCullough laughed at openly when interviewed by Fox. He hasn’t signed for anyone except Knights for this year.

Last edited:
Badel reporting that we are likely to get Luke on 50k (given half of the NRL financial year has passed)
If so i approve. I wonder how much macca cleared off the books.

I bet Newcastle arent paying much bet it's similar to kahu

the Cowboys were paying all of Kahu (minus the couple of months we had already paid before his release) ... he was just able to return if he wanted to the following year

the Cowboys were paying all of Kahu (minus the couple of months we had already paid before his release) ... he was just able to return if he wanted to the following year
Ok. didn't realise that. I wonder how much Newcastle are paying Macca. I think he will be back here next year.

Well I also feel some trepidation in signing Luke , however on balance lets face it , he really comes cheap, fills a deficit in this position , has experience , and if Siebold has any football brain ,could be useful to get a better running game plan going. He does have that ability to skip out around the ruck ,and with Croft and Milford could be weaponised there, and or, with the edge forwards. I'm actually happier Peter Ryan is joining the coaching staff . With the absolute shameful performances of late ,bringing experience into a young team albeit late career players and coaching staff can be invaluable . Like many have said here , sometimes In desperate times you need desperate measures , but I just shake my head sometimes and think how did it come to this ? We are taking the pain now for what better be gains in the future .

Well I also feel some trepidation in signing Luke , however on balance lets face it , he really comes cheap, fills a deficit in this position , has experience , and if Siebold has any football brain ,could be useful to get a better running game plan going. He does have that ability to skip out around the ruck ,and with Croft and Milford could be weaponised there, and or, with the edge forwards. I'm actually happier Peter Ryan is joining the coaching staff . With the absolute shameful performances of late ,bringing experience into a young team albeit late career players and coaching staff can be invaluable . Like many have said here , sometimes In desperate times you need desperate measures , but I just shake my head sometimes and think how did it come to this ? We are taking the pain now for what better be gains in the future .

Yep simple fact is, who else is there? We need some extra hooker coverage this year. McCullough wasn’t the answer, we’ve all known that for a long time.

Turpin / Paix ‘may’ be but it’s far too early to tell. Getting Luke on $50k seems like a decent option. Retaining Segeyaro would have been even better, but...

Ok. didn't realise that. I wonder how much Newcastle are paying Macca. I think he will be back here next year.

No way he comes back. He’s exactly what Newcastle needs and he has instantly fit in to their playing style. They have Pearce and Ponga in their spine, all the need is a reliable hooker.

Newcastle would be crazy to let him go.

Does anyone know if he actually has the option to come back?

No way he comes back. He’s exactly what Newcastle needs and he has instantly fit in to their playing style. They have Pearce and Ponga in their spine, all the need is a reliable hooker.

Newcastle would be crazy to let him go.
You’re forgetting why they wanted him in the first place. They didn’t just wake up in Round 3 and decide they needed a Dummy Half in 2020. They already spent up on a guy on a decent size contract in Brailey but he did his ACL before the break. That probably won’t be the case next year though.

Last edited:
You’re forgetting why they wanted him in the first place. They didn’t just wake up in Round 3 and decide they needed a Dummy Half in 2020. They already spent up on a guy on a decent size contract in Brailey but he did his ACL before the break. That probably won’t be the case next year though.

That is a fair point.Who knows how Brailey will return, or if he re-injures himself. Though depending on how much of Maccas contract they’re covering it may be too expensive for a depth hooker.

He's what we need in terms of experience and toughness but i don't know, I'm not really over the moon with him playing for Brisbane. There's plenty of grubs in the NRL but he's one of the few that have admitted to deliberately trying to hurt opposition players.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • thenry
  • Howie
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Ondi
  • The Strapper
  • Dexter
  • NSW stables
  • Tristan1990
  • azza.79
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrtij
  • ozzball
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.