Issac Luke joins the Broncos

Yeah but his salary won't get punted along with him.
I am worried that we might have to let luke and teo go because of salary cap issues if macca comes back next season.

Still have to fill a 30 man squad. with Macca leaving and Periese getting up to his drug shenanigans, we had 2 spots to fill, which we’ve now done and arguably shored up both our back row and hooking options, so from that point of view Te’o and Luke appear to be smart choices. plus they are both premiership winners and can no doubt pass on good habits to our players, particularly Te’o.

Kahu will be gone next year and so will Boyd, so even if Macca is back (unlikely with Turpin, Paix and potentially Luke here as well) there will still be spots we need to fill in our squad.

TBF, he’s a grub.

But that’s ok, because now he’s our grub!
I've always hated him for his dirty tactics. In particular in his younger years, he was cannon balling more games than not and I couldn't stand him. Willing to forget the past if he can come up here and be an older hard head that we desperately need.

Yeah but his salary won't get punted along with him.
I am worried that we might have to let luke and teo go because of salary cap issues if macca comes back next season.

Harry Grant is listed as loan for Newcastle and still showing on the books at Melbourne.

Surely Macca is no longer contracted to us since it's not listed.

Imagine if we signed him for two years with the second being a player option. Wouldn’t surprise me!

if Macca is back (unlikely with Turpin, Paix and potentially Luke here as well) there will still be spots we need to fill in our squad.
Have to feel for Paix right now. He's going from a starting role in the spine to way down the pecking order. Apart from Turpin and Luke, he would be below Dearden and SOS in the halves. Even Dearden must be wondering when he's going to get a run.

Have to feel for Paix right now. He's going from a starting role in the spine to way down the pecking order. Apart from Turpin and Luke, he would be below Dearden and SOS in the halves. Even Dearden must be wondering when he's going to get a run.
Something tells me Dearden isn't far away from a start. I think both halves are skating on very thin ice.

Something tells me Dearden isn't far away from a start. I think both halves are skating on very thin ice.

Indeed. Sometimes the raw truth can be the best motivator so I'd be getting both Milford and Croft into a small room during the week and saying "look, we're quickly running out of excuses for keeping this kid out of the side, and we won't allow another club to poach him, which means we have no choice but to put you two on notice. You need to play far better next week otherwise Dearden is taking your spot immediately, and it will probably be very hard to get back."

I'm indifferent to the signing. We needed a hooker, we got a hooker. But he's not a premiership winner

Indeed. Sometimes the raw truth can be the best motivator so I'd be getting both Milford and Croft into a small room during the week and saying "look, we're quickly running out of excuses for keeping this kid out of the side, and we won't allow another club to poach him, which means we have no choice but to put you two on notice. You need to play far better next week otherwise Dearden is taking your spot immediately, and it will probably be very hard to get back."
Dropping either Croft or Milford would be a major change in course that I could only see happening if we get held scoreless again. And before that can happen, Dearden would have to make the bench. That's looking even less likely this week with Luke probably taking Niu's place. Unless he drops Paix altogether, starts Luke, and benches Dearden.

Whatever the case, I reckon Seibold will signal his intentions by readying Dearden on the bench before dropping either Croft or Milford.

On a separate, but related note, at least Luke can slot straight in: it's not like we have any plays he'll need to learn.
[automerge]1592035953[/automerge]
I'm indifferent to the signing. We needed a hooker, we got a hooker. But he's not a premiership winner
On the contrary: he's at the very least a minor premiership and world cup winning hooker.
[automerge]1592036029[/automerge]
The broncos ain’t what they used to be.
From Bronco to Old Grey Mare.

Last edited:
No thanks, I think Farnworth is the best backline player currently at the club, I'll keep him thanks.
Saab is better than Farworth in my view. In saying that we will be down Boyd Kennar and Kahu next year so Saab would fit nicely with Farnworth. It won't happen though. I think Oates should stay in the second row.
[automerge]1592037106[/automerge]
Hasn't he signed with the Bulldogs the year after ?
I don't think it had been finalised but Bulldogs were keen.

Last edited:
Still have to fill a 30 man squad. with Macca leaving and Periese getting up to his drug shenanigans, we had 2 spots to fill, which we’ve now done and arguably shored up both our back row and hooking options, so from that point of view Te’o and Luke appear to be smart choices. plus they are both premiership winners and can no doubt pass on good habits to our players, particularly Te’o.

Kahu will be gone next year and so will Boyd, so even if Macca is back (unlikely with Turpin, Paix and potentially Luke here as well) there will still be spots we need to fill in our squad.

Yeah I get that
Thx
Feel a lot better now
Hopefully Luke and teo will produce

IIRC Tony left and went to England when WB gave his No. 6 jersey to his son in law.
Wasnt he named at fullback but K Hunt debuted instead. Hunt never allowed him to play again

Last edited:
Saab is better than Farworth in my view. In saying that we will be down Boyd Kennar and Kahu next year so Saab would fit nicely with Farnworth. It won't happen though. I think Oates should stay in the second row.
[automerge]1592037106[/automerge]

I don't think it had been finalised but Bulldogs were keen.

We aren’t going to agree on that, Farnworth is already streets ahead of Saab, like it isn’t even close.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • thenry
  • Howie
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Ondi
  • The Strapper
  • Dexter
  • NSW stables
  • Tristan1990
  • azza.79
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrtij
  • ozzball
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.