Kennedy signs with Roosters

No doubt he was overpaid from the start. Really poor management by the Broncos. Didn't get much of a chance to live up to his potential getting 10-15 minutes a match with Griffin as coach.
How can a prop (of all positions) not rip in even if he was getting ten or so minutes a match. The big palooka should have been calling for the ball at least one or two runs a set and smashing them.

How can a prop (of all positions) not rip in even if he was getting ten or so minutes a match. The big palooka should have been calling for the ball at least one or two runs a set and smashing them.

IIRC he was often put on when the weight of possession was mostly with the other team, then pulled once we started to see some ball again. Or was that Dave Hala?

For what it's worth I think he could have played better but the way he was used didn't help at all. It's a shame he didn't stick around - if he another bad year it'd be on him but if he really kicked on it'd prove his point about the poor management under Hook.

End of the day of the three that were let go only Hoffman still has my respect. His interview was a class above the other two.

End of the day of the three that were let go only Hoffman still has my respect. His interview was a class above the other two.
Where can I find the interview? I never saw that.

But his time with us was a class below in some ways.

NRL 2015: Josh Hoffman pushing claims for fullback spot in Gold Coast side

STAR Titans recruit Josh Hoffman approaches Wayne Bennett, smiles and extends a hand to the man who three months ago told him he was not the fullback the Broncos needed. They shake hands without a hint of awkwardness one would expect between an ex-employee and the boss who effectively moved him on.
Bennett was the second coach to deflate Hoffman’s custodian ambition and their meeting was about the 78th time he had been told he wouldn’t fit the No.1 jersey he pined for.
Those who knew Hoffman and at times even those who didn’t realised it hurt and bewildered the Mackay product to be continually overlooked for the spot he won Broncos player of the year for in 2010.

652928-75fbf7da-a2c9-11e4-8873-f66c4a6259b9.jpg

This time last year, he wanted to leave Red Hill because of the frustration of being a backline gap-filler.
Some viewed his desire to leave Brisbane for a fullback role as selfish, others believed he had every right to seek the best outcome for his young family.
The Broncos didn’t agree with Hoffman, adamant he should have sucked it up and done what he was told.
Now settled at the Gold Coast Titans, Hoffman actually agrees with ex-coach Anthony Griffin’s perspective.
At the NRL All Stars team announcement earlier this week, where he saw Bennett for the first time since the new coach told him he was free to leave Red Hill, Hoffman appeared the happiest he had been in a long time.
At Brisbane, he was perennially on a media ban with the club concerned he was too honest.

654020-9d2b1278-a2c9-11e4-8873-f66c4a6259b9.jpg

At his lone post-match interview last season he greeted shocked journalists with a smile and said, “Haven’t seen you guys in a while”.
There is no longer a need to gag Hoffman, he is rid of the baggage he carried during his final year at Brisbane.
“There’s no problems there with Hook. I understand why he did what he did. He was doing the right thing for the team and I get that,” he told The Sunday Mail.
“It actually helped me a lot being shifted around and playing different positions.
“Now if there’s any position to be filled I can do that.
“That adversity, the ups and downs of my time there, has made me a better person and I realise that it all helped me out.
“On and off the field, Hook has helped me out.
“He’s a great coach. He will be back in the NRL somewhere.

654046-d9bdaa76-a2cd-11e4-8873-f66c4a6259b9.jpg

“I feel like there’s a weight off my shoulders. I can now concentrate on playing footy.
“When I was going through all that stuff at the Broncos, unsure where I was going to be, I wasn’t happy.
“There’s no hard feelings with Wayne either. There’s no animosity. I know that Wayne has a job to do but he also looks after players.
“I know he always wants to make sure players are in good spirits and that’s what I am.”
Hoffman has not been guaranteed the Titans’ No.1 jersey by coach Neil Henry but he is expected to be given first opportunity and will press his claims at this weekend’s NRL Nines tournament in Auckland.
Hoffman still lives in Brisbane, and with one daughter Leilani Grace and another on the way, is on a 5am wake up, 8pm bed time, routine in order to negate the one hour commute to Southport and back each day.

654508-7bfafa92-a2cd-11e4-8873-f66c4a6259b9.jpg

He has a secret weapon to ease the boredom of driving.
“I get the Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears pumping to get me in the zone for training,” he said smiling.
“I am getting to bed at 8pm then waking at 5am to get going. It is not too bad. I am actually enjoying the drive.
“I really like Neil (Henry).
“He is a sharp shooter. A straight-forward bloke and that’s what I like in a coach.
“I am really happy at the moment.
“There’s a weight off my shoulders. At the Broncos, at the end there, I had no clue what club I was going to be at.
“The Warriors showed interest and wanted me to come over there and meet them.
“It is hard though when I have a little one, a wife and another one on the way.

654100-b3663540-a2c9-11e4-8873-f66c4a6259b9.jpg

“If I was going to go to the Warriors she would have had to stay here until she had the baby and I wouldn’t have been happy with that.
“The Four Nations helped me out because I could just focus on the Kiwis and when I got back to Australia I had realised a few things and then I spoke to Neil to see how he viewed me and that was a good talk and it went from there.
“The decision I made is the right one.
“There was some talk with rugby (union) and some things happening there in the background but I feel I want to keep going at league and my chat with Neil made me realise that.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-gold-coast-side/story-fniabrr8-1227195654536

It's too bad he didn't have that attitude while at the Broncos.

NRL 2015: Josh Hoffman pushing claims for fullback spot in Gold Coast side

STAR Titans recruit Josh Hoffman approaches Wayne Bennett, smiles and extends a hand to the man who three months ago told him he was not the fullback the Broncos needed. They shake hands without a hint of awkwardness one would expect between an ex-employee and the boss who effectively moved him on.
Bennett was the second coach to deflate Hoffman’s custodian ambition and their meeting was about the 78th time he had been told he wouldn’t fit the No.1 jersey he pined for.
Those who knew Hoffman and at times even those who didn’t realised it hurt and bewildered the Mackay product to be continually overlooked for the spot he won Broncos player of the year for in 2010.

652928-75fbf7da-a2c9-11e4-8873-f66c4a6259b9.jpg

This time last year, he wanted to leave Red Hill because of the frustration of being a backline gap-filler.
Some viewed his desire to leave Brisbane for a fullback role as selfish, others believed he had every right to seek the best outcome for his young family.
The Broncos didn’t agree with Hoffman, adamant he should have sucked it up and done what he was told.
Now settled at the Gold Coast Titans, Hoffman actually agrees with ex-coach Anthony Griffin’s perspective.
At the NRL All Stars team announcement earlier this week, where he saw Bennett for the first time since the new coach told him he was free to leave Red Hill, Hoffman appeared the happiest he had been in a long time.
At Brisbane, he was perennially on a media ban with the club concerned he was too honest.

654020-9d2b1278-a2c9-11e4-8873-f66c4a6259b9.jpg

At his lone post-match interview last season he greeted shocked journalists with a smile and said, “Haven’t seen you guys in a while”.
There is no longer a need to gag Hoffman, he is rid of the baggage he carried during his final year at Brisbane.
“There’s no problems there with Hook. I understand why he did what he did. He was doing the right thing for the team and I get that,” he told The Sunday Mail.
“It actually helped me a lot being shifted around and playing different positions.
“Now if there’s any position to be filled I can do that.
“That adversity, the ups and downs of my time there, has made me a better person and I realise that it all helped me out.
“On and off the field, Hook has helped me out.
“He’s a great coach. He will be back in the NRL somewhere.

654046-d9bdaa76-a2cd-11e4-8873-f66c4a6259b9.jpg

“I feel like there’s a weight off my shoulders. I can now concentrate on playing footy.
“When I was going through all that stuff at the Broncos, unsure where I was going to be, I wasn’t happy.
“There’s no hard feelings with Wayne either. There’s no animosity. I know that Wayne has a job to do but he also looks after players.
“I know he always wants to make sure players are in good spirits and that’s what I am.”
Hoffman has not been guaranteed the Titans’ No.1 jersey by coach Neil Henry but he is expected to be given first opportunity and will press his claims at this weekend’s NRL Nines tournament in Auckland.
Hoffman still lives in Brisbane, and with one daughter Leilani Grace and another on the way, is on a 5am wake up, 8pm bed time, routine in order to negate the one hour commute to Southport and back each day.

654508-7bfafa92-a2cd-11e4-8873-f66c4a6259b9.jpg

He has a secret weapon to ease the boredom of driving.
“I get the Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears pumping to get me in the zone for training,” he said smiling.
“I am getting to bed at 8pm then waking at 5am to get going. It is not too bad. I am actually enjoying the drive.
“I really like Neil (Henry).
“He is a sharp shooter. A straight-forward bloke and that’s what I like in a coach.
“I am really happy at the moment.
“There’s a weight off my shoulders. At the Broncos, at the end there, I had no clue what club I was going to be at.
“The Warriors showed interest and wanted me to come over there and meet them.
“It is hard though when I have a little one, a wife and another one on the way.

654100-b3663540-a2c9-11e4-8873-f66c4a6259b9.jpg

“If I was going to go to the Warriors she would have had to stay here until she had the baby and I wouldn’t have been happy with that.
“The Four Nations helped me out because I could just focus on the Kiwis and when I got back to Australia I had realised a few things and then I spoke to Neil to see how he viewed me and that was a good talk and it went from there.
“The decision I made is the right one.
“There was some talk with rugby (union) and some things happening there in the background but I feel I want to keep going at league and my chat with Neil made me realise that.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-gold-coast-side/story-fniabrr8-1227195654536
I knew you would come through for me with the article BP. I forget where i see the info sometimes (well most times)

I hope these guys we let go don't play outta their skin against us this year.

“It is hard though when I have a little one, a wife and another one on the way."

2 wives?
:rofl:

In a Broncos jersey he had an impact of a cream puff, he may be a good player but he played terribly for us. I would have liked to see him play under Bennet but he obviously thought he was not worth the $$$/effort and let him go.

On a side thing man he catches some mad fish...

I hope this means we don't have to pay this hack anymore if he is banned

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.