Knights set to sign Ben Hunt

See, that's my biggest problem right there: Operating under the assumption that Hunt would be better than Wallace.
I know the latter isn't flashy, but he's nowhere near as bad as people paint him and he has been the best "spine" player so far this season, yet he cops the brunt of the flak.

What if Hunt turned out to be a bigger dud than Wallace? Would you start asking for Griffin, Gee and White's head?

McCullough on the other hand escapes relatively unscathed, and we have a bigger issue at hooker than in the halves at the moment.
wallace may be the best this season but he should be, hes had that job for 6 seasons now. he has shown pretty much zero improvement in those 6 years. hes slow, has no vision, and cant attack his way out of a wet paper bag. the flak is deserved because hes no good.

if hunt turns out to be a bigger dud then wallace, we're really no worse off. we're not winning with wallace. at least hunt has time on his side to improve. wallace ISNT getting better, he has peaked.

i already am starting to want griffin, gee and whites heads for the way theyve handled the club over the last 12 months in everything from recruitment to team selection to gameplan. we're a club thats acting like we're untouchable on the top of the pile, when we're really languishing down the middle/bottom end of the pile.

i would love a better hooker, but hooker is the least of our problems IMO. a hooker can get the half all the service in the world, but after 5 years of watching wallace get the ball with 10m between him and the defence, on 5th tackle, and just ummm and ahhh for 5-6 seconds before getting tackled with the ball, its not the hooker thats the problem. you can win without a great hooker. you cant win without a great half.

First off - no thanks to Carney. Not only is he a drop-kick he's also a hack and for the money he'd be commanding he wouldn't be worth it.

Second, while it's rich to see people blame all our problems on Wallace when Prince is literally there missing easy tackles, coming up with crappy 5th tackle plays and dying with the ball every 2nd or so run when is it time to accept that Wallace is the problem? We've given him excuse after excuse - whether it's injuries, Hoffman, Norman, forwards, Macca...when is it time to accept that Wallace is just plumb ordinary and isn't worth the marquee deal he's on?

Prince has a 2 year deal I thought. Disaster if that is the case. Wallace isn't our biggest problem. The problem is he is on a massive contract which stops us from putting quality players around him which would make up for his weaknesses. He isn't a marquee half nor has he ever been. He isn't a player that is going to lead us towards a premiership. Wallace fits in with the game plan of the coach though. If he has his choice I reckon he would name 17 backrowers every week.

Prince has a 2 year deal I thought. Disaster if that is the case. Wallace isn't our biggest problem. The problem is he is on a massive contract which stops us from putting quality players around him which would make up for his weaknesses. He isn't a marquee half nor has he ever been. He isn't a player that is going to lead us towards a premiership. Wallace fits in with the game plan of the coach though. If he has his choice I reckon he would name 17 backrowers every week.

we're obviously a fair bit under the cap to have been able to offer a decent contract to Dugan and still apparently have enought to go after a quality half

oh man please bring Carney. I don't watch much footy (if any at all besides Broncos games) but is this Widdop guy even good? He plays in a squad where Cronk, Slater and Smith are the focal point and I've barely heard of this Widdop guy. it seems he is in the halves for the reigning premiers, but so was Shane Perry.

Widdop is pretty good, but as beads said earlier, he's a support player, not your go to man.

Wallace is also a support act as a half. He can't pull a try out of nowhere and he really isn't that good in the halves and has always looked a decent number 9.

In the RL Week (The Mole) it says Knights & Cowboys are interested in Hunt.

This is the most exciting news I heard all day. If he goes maybe, just maybe, his spot in the team can go to someone with a bit of spark!

Just sayin'...

Yeah how exciting, Wallace and Prince in the halves next year.

See, that's my biggest problem right there: Operating under the assumption that Hunt would be better than Wallace.
I know the latter isn't flashy, but he's nowhere near as bad as people paint him and he has been the best "spine" player so far this season, yet he cops the brunt of the flak.

What if Hunt turned out to be a bigger dud than Wallace? Would you start asking for Griffin, Gee and White's head?

McCullough on the other hand escapes relatively unscathed, and we have a bigger issue at hooker than in the halves at the moment.

I think most people realise the value of Wallace. It's just the people with an agenda against him are the loudest

The big problem for the club is that they need and want a star playmaker but they are in short supply.

The big problem for the club is that they need and want a star playmaker but they are in short supply.

Exactly. Everyone is expecting the broncos to find a replacement for Lockyer, wether that be bought or bred. I just can't see it happening in the near future, especially the latter.

I don't think we need a star play maker. We can get away with a solid half pairing it if we had a gun fullback and centre. Much like how the Bulldogs are

I don't think we need a star play maker. We can get away with a solid half pairing it if we had a gun fullback and centre. Much like how the Bulldogs are

Probably right but we let a gun centre go and there aren't any gun fullbacks on the market except Dugoorne

Unread

Active Now

• davidp
  • teampjta
  • thenry
  • Bucking Beads
  • john1420
  • Pablo
  • johnny plath
  • bb_gun
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.