Milford's weight

No idea what comment you're referring to, I'm just speaking in general, this place turns in to a shit hole sometimes, you literally aren't allowed an opinion unless you've got irrefutable evidence to back it up, it's absurd.

Yeah it's strange how people like things to be backed up with facts. Almost like it helps prove your points.

Hoops and Corvo should sleep restless tonight, knowing so many people can easily do better than them.

This

Hasn't Bennett come out and said in the past if a player is playing well carrying a bit extra then so be it? I'm sure if it was effecting his game they would put the hard word on Milford quickly enough. In 2015 he looked heavier ( was carrying more fat from the looks of him ) and look at how that year turned out.

Hoops and Corvo should sleep restless tonight, knowing so many people can easily do better than them.

What do you think then mate? Is this his optimum playing weight in your opinion?

Morgan has made 13 missed tackles this year, 2nd most missed tackles
On an interesting note Gillett has a made a lot as well
Gillett always gets a fair number of missed tackles a season, mainly because of his kick chase. He's always one of the first getting to players returning the ball, but the rest of our kick chase often sucks, so the opposition player has a lot of room to evade the tackle attempt...

Gagai was the first time it came across like an issue since his inability to meet Hook's standards is what led him to be released. It was argued that his ideal playing weight was lighter than what Hook wanted and that it created tension between him and the club and they couldn't resolve it. Hook wanted a Josh Mansour/Corey Oates type of winger who is capable of strong carries in your own half and can hit the advantage line and make post-contact metres. Gagai wasn't that type of player and needed speed, foot-work and skill to make the most of his ability.

But I'm sure you remember what Gagai was like when he started in first grade with us. Every single kick return he'd be monstered, often being pushed back to where he first collected the ball, or even further. He may have had speed and footwork but so does a 65kg touch-footy player. Hook was absolutely correct with him, though his methods and insistence on him gaining weight (=power) overnight was obviously an issue.

On Milford, it's a fine balance. If you look closely, rarely are any of his breaks "clean". Most times, especially where multiple defenders are involved, it's his footwork plus his ability to push off defenders that gets him through. He's a thrasher in the tackles, he'd be useless as a whippet who got rag-dolled every time.

It's almost as if Milford drops weight as the season progresses and gains more pace. This may be due to an in season training schedule not enough to keep his weight above 86 or so. This helps him get a good start to the season handing the physicality and gradually lose kgs as he goes. After all, premierships aren't won in the first 5 rounds.

Yes, he's playing about 5kgs too heavy. Roberts is playing too heavy, too. Too muscly.

HUSH, HUSH
Which club is displeased with the shape of their playmaker?
While his form has been solid, the coaching staff believes he is overweight and have told him to drop the weight or face the consequences.
When in his jersey he looks fine but the trainers’ skin fold measurements tell a different tale.
This is article in fox sports

Perhaps if Broncos are so unhappy with Milford's weight they could find a way to make it work for them?

Kind of like what the Cowboys did with Morgan..

That's the difference between us and the premiers of the past few years. They could adapt. We can't.

Has to be Milf, I just went through every other teams play makers and can't think of a single one who I would perceive as overweight apart from him. I hope it's true honestly, it'll do him the world of good to shed some of the weight, our attack needs him to be at his quickest to succeed.

He is only young and Polynesian. His genetic make up is not built for the type of food westerners eat. What he needs is life experience and a few tough talks. He is on the borderline and needs to curb it sooner rather then later. He is still quick but lacks that extra takeoff that made him famous. The Broncs will shape him up.

He is only young and Polynesian. His genetic make up is not built for the type of food westerners eat. What he needs is life experience and a few tough talks. He is on the borderline and needs to curb it sooner rather then later. He is still quick but lacks that extra takeoff that made him famous. The Broncs will shape him up.
It's his third year here. Should be in shape already. But those Polynesian genes are definitely kicking in.

I trust corvo to get him into shape

Talki about player weights... There was an interesting article circulating yesterday about Herman es'ese and how well he played on the weekend and he said he's playing 5kgs lighter then he was this time last year which is making him feel a lot fitter. Obviously trying to get him a bit more lean so he can play more minutes.

Talki about player weights... There was an interesting article circulating yesterday about Herman es'ese and how well he played on the weekend and he said he's playing 5kgs lighter then he was this time last year which is making him feel a lot fitter. Obviously trying to get him a bit more lean so he can play more minutes.

That is interesting because he has looked noticeably fitter this year and was better in the first round than anything I'd seen him produce before. But last week he just exploded!

I was not a fan but last week changed that for me, he was phenomenal! And his one-two punch with TPJ is going to be a major weapon off the bench for us this year.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • johnny plath
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
  • Ras
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.