NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2013

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Soward over Wallace??!??!? Hahaha, good one. To be honest though I couldn't pick between the two if I had to. I think in the end I would still pick Wallace because of his defense and he's just a tough son of a bitch, which Soward is the complete opposite.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
No to Soward due to his complete lack of ticker !! He is a coward.

Wallace the warrior might not be the flashiest player around, but there aren't many tougher.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
i am genuinely surprised at the amount of people who dont rate soward on here. am i the only one who watched st george play in 2009 and 2010? on his day hes one of the best 3 halves in the game.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
i am genuinely surprised at the amount of people who dont rate soward on here. am i the only one who watched st george play in 2009 and 2010? on his day hes one of the best 3 halves in the game.

No. On his team's day he can put something on. Cut him off from quality possession and momentum, he's got absolutely nothing. Put him under pressure, he's got absolutely nothing.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
lol. st george won the premiership on the back of him. like i said, give him a decent forward pack and he can work his magic. hes been playing behind an over the hill team the last few years. hes very much a confidence player as well, and thats been well down among the dragons.

and anyway - give wallace all the possession and momentum in the world and he'll still come up with nothing. id rather have a half that can take advantage of those things.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Alright, let's not turn this into a Wallace vs. Soward thread. I watched that episode of South Park, I laughed but it's old...even if it was funny when Soward could only yell out 'Timm-eh'.

How about the Sam Tomkins --> Warriors rumour? I wonder who the Warriors are letting go to attract him? He's an exciting prospect and one of the few English backs I rate but I don't know if the Warriors need another live-wire fullback. True, he's probably an upgrade on Locke but for mine it just masks the Warriors other problems.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
AP would you put Soward in the Storm team to partner Cronk seeing as Bennett got the best out of Soward

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
AP would you put Soward in the Storm team to partner Cronk seeing as Bennett got the best out of Soward
not over widdop, hes been in excellent form. maybe if soward was younger.

i give bennett credit for getting the best out of soward, no doubt. i dont think he wouldve been drastically worse without bennett in those years, but bennett is a good motivator which is what soward obviously needs to get his confidence up. i think a team like the storm would help soward shine - excellent forward pack who give their playmakers lots of time, very structured and practiced plays, and people that can also set him up so he doesnt have to do it all himself. hed have smith/cronk putting him into holes, and once hes away not many can catch him.

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Josh Reynolds about to sign a 4 year deal with the Bulldogs apparently.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Soward leaving the Dragons is a big blow for them he has been a very good player for them, playing a big role in their 2010 premiership win and was one of the best halves in the comp during 2009-2011. He can definatley play and is an improvement on Walsh but Penrith need a lot more than a halfback. AP St George didn't win the premiership St George Illawarra did, St George played their last game in 1998.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
AP St George didn't win the premiership St George Illawarra did, St George played their last game in 1998.
Did you have to ask your dad who Illawarra were so you could say that? Who gives a shit, they're st George. If you're going to get pedantic about it, you called them the dragons - they're not the dragons, they're the st George-Illawarra dragons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Okay so Penrith signed Soward -- they had $$$ to spend, good to see them spend it on a player I don't want. Actually don't think there's much between Soward and Wallace, but there's a big difference between Soward and a good half like SJ, so it's great to see the Panthers spend their way out of being able to recruit such a player.

The real question is what are the Dragons doing. Lost Boyd, Scott, now Soward, Hornby retired, Gasnier left a couple of years back too. I've no question they could have outbid for Soward, but didn't. Smart decision, but the real question is who are they freeing up their money for? Seems like the Dragons are about to make a big move or two.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Dragons are about to sign Rangi Chase. He will join them this year. Plus they'll probably get Dugan. You'd think they could have a big signing in them though

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Damn, I'm jealous. Dragons are improving their squad, while we're not doing anything.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Did you have to ask your dad who Illawarra were so you could say that? Who gives a ****, they're st George. If you're going to get pedantic about it, you called them the dragons - they're not the dragons, they're the st George-Illawarra dragons.

Nope I've known the Steelers for many years

Unread

Active Now

• Tmac
  • Organix
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • eggstar10
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • Richby
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.