[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the contract was signed in the last 18 months they might have a leg to stand on (if they lack conscience). If not then they have nothing.

Just imagine if he manages to get out of his contract and join us next year, our encounter with Canberra will be one spicy contest.

Delaying the contract extension talks that the Raiders want is really a way of Milford and his manager saying "**** you" to the Raiders. because on November 1 he is free to sign a deal with any club for 2015. should he sign a deal with us for 2015 it would really force the Raiders hand. they would have to either release him (making the Broncos develop him) or keep him (and continue to develop him for the Broncos advantage)

We learnt with Papalii contracts signed before round 12 aren't worth the paper they're written on, only after then can you count someone as yours for the next year.

Get out clause Ayoub mentioned states if health "deteriorates" which from all reports and his traveling its actually improved, his last contract was signed about 8-10months after the heart attack.

Problem is noone knows what the hell is going on and no sources are reliable, but there's a lot more to it than is being made public, Ayoub obviously isn't being entirely honest with saying Halo is too ill to travel and wasn't in Canberra but is anyone else being honest.

Last edited:
We learnt with Papalii contracts signed before round 12 aren't worth the paper they're written on, only after then can you count someone as yours for the next year.

Get out clause Ayoub mentioned states if health "deteriorates" which from all reports and his traveling its actually improved, his last contract was signed about 8-10months after the heart attack.

Problem is noone knows what the hell is going on and no sources are reliable, but there's a lot more to it than is being made public, Ayoub obviously isn't being entirely honest with saying Halo is too ill to travel and wasn't in Canberra but is anyone else being honest.

I just wish they would leave it the **** alone until the off season. Surely a club is going to be more receptive to this sort of talk when they aren't focused on the season and the media isn't applying the blow torch.

Anthony Milford's desire from release from final year of Canberra Raiders contract could end up in court

THE Anthony Milford contract saga took a dramatic twist yesterday with the teenage star's agent revealing he will take legal action against the Raiders if they refuse to release him the final year of his contract.

"The clause says the Raiders will look favourably on any request for a release should his father's health deteriorate," Ayoub said.

Ayoub said he would consider taking on the Raiders in court should they not grant Milford a release and allow him to strike a deal with Broncos.

read more
Anthony Milford's desire from release from final year of Canberra Raiders contract could end up in court | News.com.au

^^ That clause must be pretty solid. I bet Canberra don't call his bluff.

Did you read the part about if health "deteriorates"?

Whose job is it to decide if Halos health has deteriorated or not, his doctor or the Canberra Raiders? I know whose side the judge would take and so do Canberra.

Whose job is it to decide if Halos health has deteriorated or not, his doctor or the Canberra Raiders? I know whose side the judge would take and so do Canberra.
Problem is the Milford's and Ayoub aren't playing from the same book, Ayoub stated he can't travel due to his health and low and behold he's in Canberra (which Ayoub wasn't aware of or lied about the other day), Anthony has even stated his health has improved.

Ayoubs desperate to try and push through quickly for some reason instead of waiting till the off season.

Last edited:

Ayoub is an easy target for you raiders fans but he is only doing his best to achieve the wishes of tony, who despite all the conspiracy theories, accusations and chest beating by all parties involved, still wants a release. At its foundation it is a very simple equation, he wants to leave, the raiders need to get their head out the sand and start accepting it. Blaming others is nothing but a distraction from the hard truth of the situation. The fact he only signed a 1 year extension on a deal he still had a year left on signalled at the time a compromise had been made, which we now know was the clause.

Did you read the part about if health "deteriorates"?

Define deteriorates.. it depends when they clause was added in, if it was after the heart attack, how are we to know if his health has improved? The fact that the doctor denied him moving to Canberra seems to indicate that there's still some serious concern for his health.

Last edited:
Ayoub is an easy target for you raiders fans but he is only doing his best to achieve the wishes of tony, who despite all the conspiracy theories, accusations and chest beating by all parties involved, still wants a release. At its foundation it is a very simple equation, he wants to leave, the raiders need to get their head out the sand and start accepting it. Blaming others is nothing but a distraction from the hard truth of the situation. The fact he only signed a 1 year extension on a deal he still had a year left on signalled at the time a compromise had been made, which we now know was the clause.

Hang on a minute, i'm confused .... Furner was quoted as saying he is happy in Canberra, how can he be happy and want to leave at the same time. :001_unsure:

Don Furner seems like a very clueless individual. I wouldn't take any word, or his brother's, seriously. I highly doubt any get-out clause would need to be mutually agreed upon to be activated. Makes no sense. Milford will be at the Broncos next year. I'm sure of it. Raiders supporters can be in super denial of it, but hey, I'll let them cry themselves over being flogged by 64 points now, and losing Milford at season's end.

Once we get the Milf up here hopefully Big Papa will get a bit homesick and we can lure him up too.

Once we get the Milf up here hopefully Big Papa will get a bit homesick and we can lure him up too.

As much as I would love to get Papa, the last thing we need is more front rowers. Unless Hannant decides to hang the boots up early.

He's a backrower and isn't off contract for a good while yet. Would be a perfect replacement when Parker and Thaiday go. Not that I at all expect it to happen, just would be great to see the Raiders fans having to deal with it.

If the contract was signed in the last 18 months they might have a leg to stand on (if they lack conscience). If not then they have nothing.

What changed in the last 18 months mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
  • RodF
  • Astro
  • Redfern_1980
  • Purple Pills
  • Broncosgirl
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Financeguy
  • broncoscope
  • Dexter
  • BroncosMan
  • Wild Horse
  • theshed
  • Rambstien
  • phoenix
  • Skyblues87
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.