[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally no, but I do have a mate who played for you guys not long ago and another who has had a lot of dealings with the broncos through the QRL. Chances are I know the inner workings of your club and the goings on better than most on this forum. For the record I live in Brisbane, grew up Northern NSW.

Bushie. Mate I thought this may be helpful.
Typically, the seven (7) stages of grief are described as:
- Shock or Disbelief
- Denial
- Anger
- Bargaining
- Guilt
- Depression
- Acceptance and Hope

Can you see why there would be any hate to the Raiders fans from our end?
many, the sense of entitlement broncos fans have, the fact the Raiders havent bent over and taken it, knowing that for whatever reason your management and scouts aren't developing these kinds of players anymore and instead have to poach them, 56-0

Family is everything but so is honor and integrity he can have all 3, if family is everything shouldn't you look after the people who looked after you and your family rather than the ones who wanted nothing to do with them until you hit the top?

Sorry mate not sure if you know anyone who has had dealings with Gee but its easy to see his stench on this if you know his rep.

Lets pretend the broncs hadnt done anything dodgy, they're still not allowed to negotiate anything at this point yet they're willing to kick both Wallace and Prince out, doesn't that suggest some sort of agreement has been made already, what about the titans, shouldn't Ayoub wait till Milford is actually free to negotiate and see who comes up with the best offer out of the broncs and titans, that would be best for his client.

Firstly, where do you get this grubby gee crap, and if you say the faithinhook article im gonna lose it. Gee would have to be competent to be grubby.

As for your comment of only wanting milf when he hit the top, we had him almost signed over the previous off season before he had even played a game of first grade so I don't know what your point is there

many, the sense of entitlement broncos fans have, the fact the Raiders havent bent over and taken it, knowing that for whatever reason your management and scouts aren't developing these kinds of players anymore and instead have to poach them, 56-0

There are a lot of us here who can sympathise with the Raider's situation, but you're not doing the club or its fans any favours here. If there's one club in the NRL that's had its stars consistently pillaged, its the Broncos. The Raiders have been extremely good with their development on the field, but you have to ask questions about off-field development when you look at your brightest stars, Carney, Dugan, and now the (poached) Ferguson. With not much else to do, are the Canberrians treating them like superstars and are the players believing their own hype, believing they are demigods and therefore untouchable? There is absolutely no one to blame for this situation than the Raiders themselves, who clearly do not value lessons in humility for their players. If Milford is the only young star of yours that gets poached (not forced to have their contract ripped up), you should consider yourselves lucky. Over recent years we've had to watch Hodges, Tate, Boyd, KHunt, Beale, Norman (humour me), and now possibly Scott Anderson, be ripped from our squad and play against us. Every one of those we developed from a young age, just as you did with Milford, only for other teams to benefit. Seriously, if you lose him, suck it up like we've had to.

Personally no, but I do have a mate who played for you guys not long ago and another who has had a lot of dealings with the broncos through the QRL. Chances are I know the inner workings of your club and the goings on better than most on this forum. For the record I live in Brisbane, grew up Northern NSW.

Oh ok you have a jaded mate that the broncos didn't want, yeah Gee must be a ****

Bushie. Mate I thought this may be helpful.
Typically, the seven (7) stages of grief are described as:
- Shock or Disbelief
- Denial
- Anger
- Bargaining
- Guilt
- Depression
- Acceptance and Hope

So who will manbush be bargaining with shortly?

questions about off-field development when you look at your brightest stars, Carney, Dugan, and now the (poached) Ferguson. With not much else to do, are the Canberrians treating them like superstars and are the players believing their own hype, believing they are demigods and therefore untouchable? .
As I've said that's all clubs, young kids with huge egos, too much time and money. Canberra seems to be the club that acts on it more though and not sweep it under the carpet, it starts in junior leagues with coaches not caring about off field behaviour as long as they believe the kid can help them win and that attitude is already there by the time they hit first grade. Broncos have had their fair share just need to look at the current captain.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember something about Reece Robinson playing for the brings. Not to mention currently in fairly certain Wallace and tasi are the only current players we have that we didn't develops.

Off the top of my head there's also Hannant and Prince can't be assed researching the others, but I know a lot of Broncos fans believe anyone who grew up in Brisbane were automatically developed by the Broncs which isn't the case.

Don't get me wrong you guys are going well developing certain positions but halves and front row they seem unable to step up, is it coaching, your scouts, the pressure of playing in such vital positions previously filled by legends, with all bias aside I do think for Milford's development he would be better staying put, the pressure on him will be immense especially if you miss the finals this year.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head there's also Hannant and Prince can't be assed researching the others, but I know a lot of Broncos fans believe anyone who grew up in Brisbane were automatically developed by the Broncs which isn't the case.

Don't get me wrong you guys are going well developing certain positions but halves and front row they seem unable to step up, is it coaching, your scouts, the pressure of playing in such vital positions previously filled by legends, with all bias aside I do think for Milford's development he would be better staying put, the pressure on him will be immense especially if you miss the finals this year.

I think the bolded sums up alot of your comments

*Decoded.

Ouch that hurts coming from someone who can't even read an article and tell who is being quoted :P

True, I did make a mistake which I stuck my hand up for. You just praddle on with complete garbage and assumptions you and your dickhead mates have turned into 'facts' with no care for whether its right or wrong... So good work champ

I dont know where hannant and prince played juniors but I'm fairly certain they both became respectable first graders under us. Could potentially be wrong about them dunno much about them before they were originally under us.

I dont know where hannant and prince played juniors but I'm fairly certain they both became respectable first graders under us. Could potentially be wrong about them dunno much about them before they were originally under us.

Prince started off with the Cowboys. Hannant was a Roosters junior, came to Broncos, back to Roosters, then back to the Broncos again to debut in the NRL. You could argue that the Broncos had a big hand in developing Hannant, but not so much Prince.

I never knew of prince to cowboys. I just remember watching a game from way back and he seemed to be a third choice half stepping in for origin and quite young so assumed we developed him. I'd even say under the current systems there is very little investment in players until they get nrl game time. That investment makes signing them for a couple grand a year to play under 20's look small. Canberra invested a lot in Milford. They sacked Dugan knowing they had him. And used Reece Robinson as a stop gap replacment drip feeding Milford first grade time until he was ready to be the full time fullback. He was developed well and will be a huge loss I feel for Canberra but to call us poachers is ridiculous. We have one of the strongest policies of bred not bought out there.

I don't disagree with what you said about us developing halves recently, though Hunt looks like a decent prospect.

I disagree that Milford will be under immense pressure. The whole team will, but I think Hook, and our under-performing rep players will wear the grunt of it. Not the 19 year old prodigy who has only just come into an already struggling (by our standards) team. Definitely not as much pressure as he would be under if he's forced to perform for a team he doesn't want to play for while his father is gravely ill hours away.

Without Hodges I'd rate the raiders as a better team than us but I'll be oh so happy if we make the eight and they don't which is a distinct posibility. Furner deserves that with the way he has handled this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Spoon
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Behind enemy lines
  • lakers133334
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Alec
  • Waynesaurus
  • Reds2011
  • johnyE
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • davidp
  • bb_gun
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosMan
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.