[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry fellas. Very reliable source in Canberra tells me Halo convinced Don to grant the release. It's done. Will be announced after the Raiders season ends.

I'm on my phone so I can't figure out how to copy it, but milf has posted this quote on Instagram:

"Family's not an important thing. It's everything."

To the raiders fans reading, I'm sure by 'family' he means 'raiders'

Don't worry fellas. Very reliable source in Canberra tells me Halo convinced Don to grant the release. It's done. Will be announced after the Raiders season ends.

Really Coxy?

Bulldogs are the family club.
They are looking for a replacement for Barba.

It all makes sense now.

Bulldogs are the family club.
They are looking for a replacement for Barba.

It all makes sense now.

*waits for the greenhouse to open the 'Milford to belmore' thread

I'm on my phone so I can't figure out how to copy it, but milf has posted this quote on Instagram:

"Family's not an important thing. It's everything."

and captioned with "enough said".

think the raiders lost this one.

Is it just me or are the raiders supporters on the GH the most aggressive idiots you've seen...? Some of the stuff their writing is just dribble. I honestly don't know why there is all the hate for us at the moment. I'd be annoyed if I was a raiders fan but at the end of the day it's just footy and world peace ain't depending on whether or not Milford plays for the Broncos is 2014.

If we get Milford great but if we don't then good luck to him at the raiders. I think he would be great at the Broncos though!!

Surely you can understand try putting yourself in the Raiders shoes, over the past few years we've had to sack two marquee players for being douchebags then when it looks like we've developed another who doesn't look like being trouble there's a good chance he's been pinched by dodgy dealings.

Without being a smart ass it's been ages since the broncos have developed players to the quality of Dugan, Carney and Milford but imagine losing all 3 in a few years after years of having your club struggling to be get to the top.

It's hard for you to empathise with how well the Broncos have gone for so long but as Raiders fans its been a long time between drinks and we have our best hope probably pinched in what appears to be very sus circumstances by a club that has all the advantages.
The main factor here is the assumption of dodgy dealings on the part of the Broncos.

What if Ayoub approached the Broncos about young Milford playing there, because his client wants to go back home? Maybe not what you want to hear, but most likely what happened after his parents decided not to move to Canberra for whichever reason!

For you and all the GH guys, I think this paints a pretty clear picture:

1376369896.jpg

Family is everything but so is honor and integrity he can have all 3, if family is everything shouldn't you look after the people who looked after you and your family rather than the ones who wanted nothing to do with them until you hit the top?

Sorry mate not sure if you know anyone who has had dealings with Gee but its easy to see his stench on this if you know his rep.

Lets pretend the broncs hadnt done anything dodgy, they're still not allowed to negotiate anything at this point yet they're willing to kick both Wallace and Prince out, doesn't that suggest some sort of agreement has been made already, what about the titans, shouldn't Ayoub wait till Milford is actually free to negotiate and see who comes up with the best offer out of the broncs and titans, that would be best for his client.

Last edited:
His entire family doesn't want to or can't relocate to Canberra. If he wants what's best for his family first, obviously moving back to Brisbane is the best solution.

Rightio... You've had dealings with Gee, have you?

Mate, you are seriously overestimating the value of a footy club when compared with family. I know it's not the same, as the Broncos don't pay my salary, but I love that club dearly! Yet, they wouldn't have a chance if it came to a choice between them and my family!

Honour and integrity? Do you mean what the Raiders mngmt lack, given they accepted to put a clause in Milford's contract to allow him to be released should he want to return to Brisbane to be with his ill father, and are now being dickheads by trying to force him to stay?

Why do you think that clause was placed there in the first place? Pretty sure it was the only way the Raiders were able to hold on to Anthony, who acquiesced to stay and see if he could relocate his family to Canberra just to stay with the club.

Turns out the family doesn't want to move to the arsehole of Australia, something no one that has been there, can blame in good conscience, so Tony thought... I've given it my best, but it's time to part ways by activating that clause, but I'll always be grateful to the Raiders for what they have done for me. We all know how that's going...

Yeah, chances are the young kid has more honour and integrity in his pinky than the whole Furner family.

As to the ramblings about our youth production at the GH and us suddenly being this big bad bully who is going to steal your players, you seem to forget what happened to our most promising spine star and future club captain... He decided to give the gayfl a go.

No doubt the Raiders have excellent development, but just because we are in a lull after having lost K Hunt and Lockyer in recent years, with Norman and Hunt not delivering on their promise (not yet as far as Hunt goes), doesn't mean we're gonna turn into the silver tails, and it certainly does not give you licence to shoot your mouth just because you lost two fuckwits and a kid who just wants to go home to be with his family!

Last edited:
Rightio... You've had dealings with Gee, have you?

Personally no, but I do have a mate who played for you guys not long ago and another who has had a lot of dealings with the broncos through the QRL. Chances are I know the inner workings of your club and the goings on better than most on this forum. For the record I live in Brisbane, grew up Northern NSW.

Last edited:
Personally no, but I do have a mate who played for you guys not long ago and another who has had a lot of dealings with the broncos through the QRL. Chances are I know the inner workings of your club and the goings on better than most on this forum. For the record I live in Brisbane.
Yeah, we actually have quite a few of those people around here, with a lot of sauces. Some prefer BBQ, others go for Tomato...

Those of us who are actually involved in the sport, like I am with my son, all have their "sources". Mine tells me Ayoub approached the Broncos about fitting Anthony in if he was released from Canberra, and Gee not being totally stupid, said we certainly would be interested. FYI, that is not illegal btw!

Guess what, I find my source much more trustworthy than yours, but I'm not going to claim I know the inner workings of the Broncos because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Shane Tronc
  • Spoon
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wild Horse
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • lakers133334
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Alec
  • Waynesaurus
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.