Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when Folau leaves what happens next?? This is tunring into a comedy of errors for the recruitment staff. Oh and whose ever idea it was for the stupid contract with an option in Israels favour.

If Folau leaves I won't be surprised. The kid has no heart.

Folau is hugely overpaid anyway, if he leaves we can definitely buy a few quality players instead anyway.
If he stays than he's a good player to have.

I don't care either way he'll probably leave at the next big $ sign anyway be it now or the 4 years.

Also why the hell would you have a 2 year clause, ridiculous.

He is missing Melbourne.

Broncos have to give him a deadline to commit to the club, they don't want a repeat of the Karmichael Hunt debarcle.

What a maggot, the Broncos moved on basically half a team to sign Izzy and he is going to $hit all over them.

The article did say that if he wanted to go back to the Storm it would have to be on 50k a year because that is all they had

I really don't see Falou leaving. With Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Smith & Hoffman all on long term deals they really couldn't afford another superstar. If he wants independence he can move out of home. Must have a lot of money in the bank given he lives at home and doesn't drink alcohol.

Bucking Beads said:
What a maggot, the Broncos moved on basically half a team to sign Izzy and he is going to $hit all over them.

And to think how long he has graced our sidelines with his presence if he does run out on us :evil: :evil: :evil:

"Thanks Broncos, I'll take your cash, gets injuries out of the way, and run back to Melbourne playing you all for chumps"

the recently renewed interest from the rebels and now this... theres definitely something going on because if Izzy is as happy here as he has said he is publicly and wants to stay, it doesn't take much for his manager to get on the phone and activate the extension... I dont think Izzy knows what he wants, he probably only left the storm because his parents wanted him home...

Its not such a loss if falou leaves next year anyhow his contract was a backended one anyway i heard so that means we pulled him for 2 years at a discounted price... the broncs left the option in because of this, they knew a lot of his money was tied into years 3 and 4 and if he left it would at least free up cash.

Im happy either way.... so long as the broncs use next years cap space wisely if he does leave...ie. picks up a petro style player etc.

Assassin said:
Its not such a loss if falou leaves next year anyhow his contract was a backended one anyway i heard so that means we pulled him for 2 years at a discounted price... the broncs left the option in because of this, they knew a lot of his money was tied into years 3 and 4 and if he left it would at least free up cash.

Im happy either way.... so long as the broncs use next years cap space wisely if he does leave...ie. picks up a petro style player etc.

Todays Sunday Mail claimed that we are linked to the ultimate Petero style player, Petero

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-civoniceva-home/story-e6frep5x-1225852194743

Wow, have a listen to yourselves? Falou was the reason we won many games last year on the back of his try scoring feats and is without doubt one of the first players selected for QLD and Australia. NO heart, a maggot, FFS it’s not like he faked injury. Yes he is high priced but which rep player isn't? You get what you pay for and he's only what 21/22, he has another 10 years in the game at least. I just can't believe the way most fans here turn on players so viciously. The way I'm hearing it is that unless they were a Bronco junior they are somehow less of a player, or lack heart or talent or some crap like that. Wake up and smell the roses people, the Broncos are right now in the worst crisis in their history, a rapidly depleted talent pool, massive injury toll and dissention within the coaching ranks, indeed our darkest days may still be ahead and you guys want to dump on one of very few stars left? Grow up.

Burg said:
Wow, have a listen to yourselves? Falou was the reason we won many games last year on the back of his try scoring feats and is without doubt one of the first players selected for QLD and Australia. NO heart, a maggot, FFS it’s not like he faked injury. Yes he is high priced but which rep player isn't? You get what you pay for and he's only what 21/22, he has another 10 years in the game at least. I just can't believe the way most fans here turn on players so viciously. The way I'm hearing it is that unless they were a Bronco junior they are somehow less of a player, or lack heart or talent or some crap like that. Wake up and smell the roses people, the Broncos are right now in the worst crisis in their history, a rapidly depleted talent pool, massive injury toll and dissention within the coaching ranks, indeed our darkest days may still be ahead and you guys want to dump on one of very few stars left? Grow up.

I have no prejudice over players who are not juniors, but the Broncos made an effort for Falou, big money, became a face of the team and for him to turn after a couple of years would be very disappointing - and we know how desperate we are for stars in our team, and no-one doubts his ability, but seriously, why bother with coming for 3 years??? Seems a real waste of everyone's time, and our money

Burg said:
and is without doubt one of the first players selected for QLD and Australia.

He might not even BE selected for Australia in the upcoming match (with Hayne and Morris looking pretty likely to take up the wing spots).

Burg said:
and you guys want to dump on one of very few stars left? Grow up.

Best to dump them first before they dump us. It looks better that way.

ddd said:
Bucking Beads said:

And to think how long he has graced our sidelines with his presence if he does run out on us :evil: :evil: :evil:

"Thanks Broncos, I'll take your cash, gets injuries out of the way, and run back to Melbourne playing you all for chumps"

Bucking Beads said:

Do y'all understand these guys are professional footballers? Ie, it is their job?

Why should they show loyalty if they can get more money somewhere else? If I'd been at a job for years and years but another company wanted my services for more money and my current employer wasn't willing to match it, of course I'd leave! Sure it'd be hard after making acquaintances and friends and being settled in a place, but you've got to look out for number one, simple as that!

Je$ter said:
ddd said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":y4j7464m]What a maggot, the Broncos moved on basically half a team to sign Izzy and he is going to $hit all over them.

Bucking Beads said:

Do y'all understand these guys are professional footballers? Ie, it is their job?

Why should they show loyalty if they can get more money somewhere else? If I'd been at a job for years and years but another company wanted my services for more money and my current employer wasn't willing to match it, of course I'd leave! Sure it'd be hard after making acquaintances and friends and being settled in a place, but you've got to look out for number one, simple as that![/quote:y4j7464m]

Tell that to Darren Lockyer and Shane Webcke.... Also I am a professional fan so I take this seriously!!

Je$ter said:
ddd said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2vikwx2x]What a maggot, the Broncos moved on basically half a team to sign Izzy and he is going to $hit all over them.

Bucking Beads said:

Why should they show loyalty if they can get more money somewhere else? If I'd been at a job for years and years but another company wanted my services for more money and my current employer wasn't willing to match it, of course I'd leave! Sure it'd be hard after making acquaintances and friends and being settled in a place, but you've got to look out for number one, simple as that![/quote:2vikwx2x]

If he goes back to the Storm it won't be for more money as they don't have it under the cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • lakers133334
  • scobie
  • Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Hurrijo
  • Ozired
  • Maddy
  • Brocko
  • whykickamoocow
  • BroncosAlways
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.