Redcliffe trial v Sharks

I have reservations about Kahu in the centres as well. I'm not certain his defence is up to it.

I have a feeling he will be on the Wing.

Where does that leave Oates? Assuming Mead has right wing locked in.. Oates on the bench?

Where does that leave Oates? Assuming Mead has right wing locked in.. Oates on the bench?
I think you'd have to have Kahu ahead of Mead at this stage.

Unless of course we train up Kahu to be halfback :lostit:

Don't think we bought Mead to be depth tbh.. Pretty sure he's locked on that right wing next to Jimmy, they've got a good friendship & parternership from the Titans.

Watching Kahu drop kick this weekend you can't say he wouldn't become a better kicker than Hunt with a little practice. The guy hits them sweet.

Watching Kahu drop kick this weekend you can't say he wouldn't become a better kicker than Hunt with a little practice. The guy hits them sweet.
He has a great kicking technique, but it's the other Halfback tasks that would likely be a problem, although he played a fair bit of 5/8 in the youth teams.

Kahu seems to have decent control with his short kicks. He did a couple of nice ones last year at centre.

Not saying he could be a long term halfback, but I think he'd make a good go of it in case of emergency. He's a classy player and looks to have time whenever the ball is in his hands. For me that's the most important trait of a half (and something that neither Hunt nor Milford seem to have).

I just think he does everything with competence and a touch of class and makes good decisions under pressure most of the time.

I hope Kahu is our kicker this year, he does hit them well. Plenty of practice in rugby days I would presume. He his also a very composed player and as said would do well filling in at five eight in emergencies. The main trait I believe to give his outside backs plenty of time and space with ball in hand. Something he could do very well I reckon.

Fingers crossed he stays injury free.

I hope Kahu is our kicker this year, he does hit them well. Plenty of practice in rugby days I would presume. He his also a very composed player and as said would do well filling in at five eight in emergencies. The main trait I believe to give his outside backs plenty of time and space with ball in hand. Something he could do very well I reckon.

Fingers crossed he stays injury free.

Not much of a choice, to be honest.

Who is the 23 year old centre coming off surgery? Opacic is 22, Is it Moga?

Going on 23.

Put it this way, he wasn't eligible for Under 20s in 2015.

Kahu really is a versatile player as he showed in the 9s really can finish a try (I think nearly all of his tries required a dive in the corner) and he's also showed he's capable at fullback and I think was a 5/8 when he was younger but I think he's the safest option for the centre position at least to start the season. He might not set the world on fire but he does a solid job and I believe is very reliable and seems to be over his injuries.

I definitely agree no one really stood up in the trials to take the left centre position so I'd imagine kahu gets first shot. Opacic may find his way back into the role at some stage during the season as well.

Kahu needs to find a middle ground with his running. I don't want to see him take a hit up like a prop and hurting himself but I also don't want to see him walking towards the defence like he has been for the last year.

He did look to be moving a little slow in the 9's this weekend.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Hurrijo
  • thenry
  • Santa
  • Rambstien
  • Broncs1459
  • Big Del
  • Wild Horse
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Pablo
  • The Don
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.