NEWS Rival's $1.5 million raid on boom Bronco

Gillett is definitely the best back rower for his consistency over the years.

Cordner is better than Gillett but yeah, people forget how good Gillett has been over the last few years.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Su'A will stay on the promise of a bigger contract after next year. By 2020, it is likely that Sims, Thaiday, Glenn and possibly Gillett as well will have moved on. And as good as Gillett has been, I would be surprised if he goes on past his final contract year in 2020 anyway. So that is a lot of money being freed up for the likes of Su'A, Carrigan and Fifita who the club will be looking to build around.

The club will know that the post-2020 forward pack really should be:

8. Joffa

10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Su'A
13. TPJ

15. Flegler
16. Carrigan

Now, of course, the stupid salary cap will mean that one or two of these guys won't be retained, in which case you look at the guys who you MUST keep and it becomes:

8. Joffa

10. Haas

12. Su'A
13. TPJ

15. Flegler

Bullemor.

What's that or who ???

Ethan, Broncos and Norths Under 18 player. Was a standout all MM season. Strong and smart.

Two points down on Saturday Fifta takes a one out end the game hit up. Bullemor steals it and nearly gets Norths a win. Too smart and strong for Fifita.

That play alone says plenty about him; to do that after a game of slogging away in the middle.

Ethan, Broncos and Norths Under 18 player. Was a standout all MM season. Strong and smart.

Two points down on Saturday Fifta takes a one out end the game hit up. Bullemor steals it and nearly gets Norths a win. Too smart and strong for Fifita.

That play alone says plenty about him; to do that after a game of slogging away in the middle.

Ok , prop or lock ?

He's faster, runs better lines, defends almost as well and has an amazing motor.

Yeah, agreed. Gillett is at his best is a gun, but Cordner's attack puts him ahead IMO.

if we need to match the offers for these young forwards, then we will lose at least one of them IMO. especially if the rumoured figures are even close to being accurate

so far i have seen rumoured figures of:

Haas 700k a season
TPJ 500k+ a season
Su'A 500k+ a season

Yeah, agreed. Gillett is at his best is a gun, but Cordner's attack puts him ahead IMO.
Based off of their performances in the World Cup I thought Gillet was noticeably better. Cordner hasn't been the same once his injuries last year. On a more even playing field playing alongside one another is a better indicator to see who is better imo. We underutltise Gillet anyway.

TPJ 500k+ a season
Su'A 500k+ a season

As good as Su'A has been, just shows the ridiculousness of the salary cap. On what planet are they both worth the same money? TPJ has risen to be one of the best forwards in the game currently, Su'A, while very, very promising, is only just establishing himself in first grade.

As good as Su'A has been, just shows the ridiculousness of the salary cap. On what planet are they both worth the same money? TPJ has risen to be one of the best forwards in the game currently, Su'A, while very, very promising, is only just establishing himself in first grade.

not to mention that Haas ha only played 1 game + 1 hitup of first grade and a club is reportedly set to offer him 200k more than TPJ

It also shows that the media has LITERALLY no idea and actually just throw out random numbers when talking about contracts.
My best mates don't know how much I get paid, why would a reporter have any clue about how much a player gets paid. The manager may give them figures to bump up their players price or the reporter simply (and more likely) just makes it up....

if we need to match the offers for these young forwards, then we will lose at least one of them IMO. especially if the rumoured figures are even close to being accurate

so far i have seen rumoured figures of:

Haas 700k a season
TPJ 500k+ a season
Su'A 500k+ a season

Ridiculous if true.

There's no way Haas is going to get that amount here at this stage. Definitely not from Bennett.

There is no way anyone would give him 700k a season. Except the Knights......Or the Titans. But they probably don't have the cap room because of all the overs they are already paying our ex-players

Unread

Active Now

• john1420
  • Foordy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Hurrijo
  • broncoscope
  • kiwibronco
  • Skyblues87
  • Midean
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Huge
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.