Round 1 2014

Stagg ahead of Glenn Ghibli? :scared:

More people need to get on the Thaiday to the bench train.

I'd be having Oates, who has shown himself to be a real strike weapon for us on the field as much as possible tbh and I really see no harm in his development playing in the backs as well next season. It will be good to have Copley back but I would personally prefer Oates outside him, Oates has already shown more damage capability in attack and less errors when it comes to his own ball handling.

As for 5/8th well that's going to be a tough one, hopefully we sign Milford but we shouldn't bank solely on that and I don't support playing Hoffman there either.

Last edited:
1 Barba
2 Hoffman
3 Reed
4 Copley
5 Oates/Yow Yeh
6 Milford/Hunt
7 Hunt/Taylor
8 Kennedy
9 Macca
10 McGuire
11 Glenn (captain)
12 Gillett
13 Parker

14 Cullen
15 Hannant
16 Stagg/Dodds
17 Thaiday (3 x 15 minute stints max)

Although I see Copley as a left centre and maybe he and Reed could swap sides
Glenn is already the spokesperson for his team, apart from press conferences his comments are always used in the paper

Last edited:
My team, based what we know now: Barba is coming, JYY will be fit for Rd1, Hodges won't be fit for Rd 1, and Milford won't be here.

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Yow Yeh
6. Kahu
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Stagg
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Kennedy
16. Tasi
17. Gillett

If we got Midlford, I would drop Glenn off the bench, place Milford in the 6 and Kahu as the bench utility.
6. Milford
14. Kahu

has Kahu got any play making ability?

Then i would go with Strasser ... i think our u20 halves should spend a full season in QLD cup to develop before being thrown into the deep end. (unless we really need them.

Meh, I'm over Glenn. Forgot about Oates, and lets go with Milford as coming... Revised team;
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Yow Yeh
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Kahu
15. Kennedy
16. Tasi
17. Oates

18. Glenn

Meh, I'm over Glenn. Forgot about Oates, and lets go with Milford as coming... Revised team;
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Yow Yeh
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Kahu
15. Kennedy
16. Tasi
17. Oates

18. Glenn
Im over Thaiday :biggrin:

Thaiday should still be in the side (off the bench), he's a 10+ year Broncos player, but we'd definitely benefit more having Glenn and Gillett on the edges. Glenn with his powerful hole running and strong tackling, Gillett with his offloads, and both offering some ball playing too.

Thaiday should still be in the side (off the bench), he's a 10+ year Broncos player, but we'd definitely benefit more having Glenn and Gillett on the edges. Glenn with his powerful hole running and strong tackling, Gillett with his offloads, and both offering some ball playing too.
If you check my team above that is exactly where I have him. 15 minute stints by 3 times. I believe he could be an X factor used like this

Revised...

1. Barba
2. Drew
3. Reed
4. Oates
5. Hoffman
6. Hunt
7. Taylor
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Thaiday
15. Dodds
16. Kennedy
17. Tasi/Lui

18. Granville

This just shows how hard it will be for Griffin. If we cannot agree on a team then not too many players have made themselves an automatic selection

I see it the other way Splinter - I think it's good that the Broncos have some competition for spots. Hopefully certain spots are determine on form rather than reputation.

I see it the other way Splinter - I think it's good that the Broncos have some competition for spots. Hopefully certain spots are determine on form rather than reputation.
I hope not lock

Everyone knows Barba's going to be out for the season with an injury in the trials.

Then i would go with Strasser ... i think our u20 halves should spend a full season in QLD cup to develop before being thrown into the deep end. (unless we really need them.

Like we should have done with Norman and Hunt

I like the look of a lot of these sides.

On the point of Kahu, he has been injured a lot with nasty injuries in the last few years so did he play much u20? He was always seen as a five-eighth at age level and that was where he was earmarked for before his back-to-back knee injuries. Certainly give him a go in the trials at six.

Thaiday should be on the bench.

Gillett and Glenn need to be our wide running backrowers, especially given the way Hunt and Gillett have linked up since Hunt has become our seven.

So, let's go with what is definite and put guys in around that:

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

15. Kennedy

Fill in from there.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lurker
  • NSW stables
  • The Don
  • Allo
  • BroncsNBundy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • mrslong
  • Justwin
  • arieals
  • Xzei
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • broncos4life
  • Ras
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.