Round 12 - Broncos vs. Manly - Post-Match Discussion

also i wish copley could just play right centre for us permanently

Copley really proved me wrong today. I thought Matai and Taufua would have had a field day with our right edge, but Copley and Maranta really stepped up and contained them quite well IMO.

I believe Copley also came up with some crucial last ditch defense when it looked like Manly had us outnumbered on that side.

The only criticism I have is the dropped balls, but he more than made up for it.

32k crowd today. Not really good enough to give 9 a reason to give Broncos more Sunday time slots.

Great win, I'll be the negative nancy and say that Gillett was poor, he did some good stuff, including that massive 100m try, but I counted at least 3-4 unforced errors and several missed tackles, one of which lead to the Matai try.

But now I've got that out of the way, good stuff all around, Hunt was brilliant, Barba looked more involved, Vidot & Reed put together good performances. Let's hope we play like this every week. Maybe those Friday night games are a disadvantage afterall..
Did Matai score

32k crowd today. Not really good enough to give 9 a reason to give Broncos more Sunday time slots.

I don't think 9 care about how many show up to the game. The fact that a bazillion people will watch from home would help us get more Sunday games.

yeah that was pretty poor. origin/australian backrower shouldnt be missing foran there.

I don't think 9 care about how many show up to the game. The fact that a bazillion people will watch from home would help us get more Sunday games.

i think its more the fact that the broncos wont fight to get more sundays if the friday crowds sell more tickets anyway

i really enjoy sunday games. feels different to fridays.

I wonder who's gonna win the try scoring comp between hunt, copley and gillet. They'd have a similar amount of tries wouldn't they?

We beat Manly.....that's enough for me....

I could go on about Ben Hunt's brilliance and my favourite red head suddenly remembering how to play. But I won't. We beat Manly...not only did we beat them, we did it convincingly. Jamie Lyon had a surprisingly quiet game today, he usually produces his best against us for some reason.

Very surprised we won today. I didn't think it was within us -- certainly not in the manner it was achieved. Hopefully it can be something we build on and do consistently. Hunt was fantastic once again.

Hunt is amazingly consistent considering he has only played less than 30 first grade games at halfback.

Very proud of the boys today. Never let them into the game. Defence was incredible. Reed had Lyons measure all game and it helped his confidence no end.
Probably the most pleasing thing was that our 5th tackle options were many and varied. Hunt is here!!
Everyone did their part and in doing so made the win look almost easy.

As stated, best game of the year. Anyone who doesn't rate Vidot needs a beating.

Copley had a mixed game. Good at finding the line but a few too many bobbles. Still a fan.

Maranta... Credit to where it is due. This guy is so safe this year, found some pace and pretty much does not put a bad foot forward. Clearly we a responsible for the improvement by the beating we gave him last year.

All characters called Ben were solid today.

Reed had the best game in two years.

God I love watching a game for a change that isn't nerve racking. Even Coach Sloth didn't f#ck it for a change.

i really enjoy sunday games. feels different to fridays.

It's different because one is played at night & the other during the day. :tongue1:

Does anyone know if Toovey went off in the press conference.

Found Toovey's missing twin.

873429-toovey.jpg

6a014e5ffefac4970c017743679599970d-pi

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Santa
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncosAlways
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hurrijo
  • Rookie Alan
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Bish
  • Painin the Haas
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.