POST GAME [Round 22, 2024] Broncos vs Titans

Injuries aside from that game, we are absolutely awful. There are guys out there that just are not Brisbane Bronco standard. I say Brisbane standard as we should have the best of the lot.

Mariner
Oats
Walters
Riki

These guys are all passengers and I actually don't see it getting any better for 25 either.

This will be such a tough period for the club I feel.

Didn’t the titans sack Holbrook after a few somewhat ok years just to pursue Hasler? Surely the broncos can find someone

I have found someone.

Madge & Holbrook as assistant.

They can switch around during the season.

I think him resigning is the best thing he could do for his own sake

I do think you are right though, we could do with going back to Wayne tbh but that would only be a band aid fix. We need to make sure our next coach is one with his standards off the field as much as on it. We have to make sure we have a strong foundation to build on the let players like Walsh and Mam show their talents.
Going back to Wayne would be the biggest mistake they could make... it's just recycling the same fucking culture that has held this organisation back since the mid-00's when modern rugby league started... this fucking club needs to actually give a shit about the football side of things and get professional.

The club is full of corporate puppets

Comeon, of course it's true. That's exactly the sort of dogshit decision the club would currently make. Maybe Kev sees it as protection for his own job, because the alternative is fucking Trent Barrett.

Can you kill me now.

If they announce Reece before the season is done it’ll look extremely poor.
I honestly wouldn’t be spending more than $1m.
We have some serious issues that need to be resolved in this side before we blow our cap on Reece.
Some questions should be answered on why we are giving Ezra 800k also. Seriously poor business. He is a shadow of 2023. Milford 2.0 vibes.

- Oates is done
- Reynolds I don’t think has another season in him.
- Riki has gone backwards.
- Ezra gone backwards beyond belief.
- Arthas has gone backwards.
- Hetherington has gone backwards.
- Billy Walters isn’t a starting 9.
- Patty can hold his head high.
- Payne can hold his head high.

No question about it, Kev has lost the dressing room. They’re not playing for him.
I think it’s as good as done, but the club will give him till mid next year imo.
The problem with giving Kev until mid year is we’ll have Trent barret as head coach for the rest of the year.

Going back to Wayne would be the biggest mistake they could make... it's just recycling the same fucking culture that has held this organisation back since the mid-00's when modern rugby league started... this fucking club needs to actually give a shit about the football side of things and get professional.

The club is full of corporate puppets

I think it would be a mistake, like i said, it would work, but its a band aid fix. They need to just make sure we dont get bullied by the old boys again, they need a coach with discipline who can handle the pressure of being at a club like the Broncos, despite us being serial underachievers now. The more i see of what he does, the more i like Peters from Hull KR. Turned a team that was bang average into a contender in 2 years.

Injuries aside from that game, we are absolutely awful. There are guys out there that just are not Brisbane Bronco standard. I say Brisbane standard as we should have the best of the lot.

Mariner
Oats
Walters
Riki

These guys are all passengers and I actually don't see it getting any better for 25 either.

This will be such a tough period for the club I feel.
Broncos don't have a standard anymore... haven't had one since Lockyer was leading the side around... after him it went to Griffinball, then do it for Bennettball, to wooden spoon, to headless chooks

Why does it feel like the club would be saving face by just forfeiting the rest of the year

I think it would be a mistake, like i said, it would work, but its a band aid fix. They need to just make sure we dont get bullied by the old boys again, they need a coach with discipline who can handle the pressure of being at a club like the Broncos, despite us being serial underachievers now. The more i see of what he does, the more i like Peters from Hull KR. Turned a team that was bang average into a contender in 2 years.
A coach that comes in with discipline will have the players turn on him straight away and it will be 2020/21 again until that guy gets sacked

This is the icing on the cake of a turd sandwich of a week.

sack em all

Well we’ve stopped at Broken Hearts Burger Club at Yatala for dinner tonight. Feel like it’s the right vibe.

The club is fundamentally broken. Last year was an anomaly and this season is back to regular programming.

Walsh is a huge problem for the club. He’s as talented as anybody but he’s not a team player and won’t listen to his captain or his coach. He’s gotten too big for his boots and it’s creating problems.

Don’t know if Walters needs to go or not but it looks more likely than not.

The clubs recruitment policy overall is sound if we’re coaching them properly from the beginning. We still need to bring in more hardworking no frills blokes though.

I don’t know the answers but I do know we as fans need to vote with our feet and wallets. If we keep showing up for them when they don’t show up for us then nothing will ever changeZ

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • kwomo
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.