Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

As much as Cummins wanted the Souths to win, our boys did a great job tonight. Everyone put in a great effort. Keep it coming boys, especially 4 games straight @ home. Win all of'em and build the confidence with very minimal errors, we will be in top 4 after Round-12. Make those wanka's eat their shit.

I don't mind McGuire starting at hooker it's not the best but he does have energy with the ball in hands. Kodi can't play 80 on the middle and if McGuire was ok he would have finished the game

Glenn and Sua were immense tonight, never stopped. TPJ got us rolling. Sims I cant fault as an impact bench player. But out of him and Haas that’s a hard one. Forwards did well against Souths, better than I thought they would. I don’t think it was an ugly win. I think they dug deep and played some good footy, moving it around a bit more and gritty in defence. Go boys!!!!!
Disagree about Glenn. He got us off to the poor start. Dumb penalties.

And everyone thought Reed was too. Sometimes you need good, solid players who know how to perform their role for the betterment of the team.

Role players are super important. Just ask lebron James.

Just watched the highlights and am wondering how the hell boyd scored? He was still on the 10 m line as the ball trickled past the try line. Amazing stuff

Good performance from simms. I've been critical of him like a few others here. But he really lifted the team when they needed it. If not for some soft penalties, we would have run away with it.
Nice start from haas. He ran out of gas right at the end but it was a good debut. We still are getting caught out on Roberts side. I'm not sure if they are working to a strategy, but if they are, it might need some work.
We're strong on opacic's side though looked good, if a little crowded in attack. I wonder if it would help swapping sua and Glenn? Probably not worth it now, but something to consider in the next offseason. By then Gillet will be back anyway.

Happy with the 2 points.

Lackluster 1st half. Unenthusiastic, predictable attack with the same block play, giving away penalties, hardly any energy etc. But that 2nd half was much much better. The entire team had energy, mongrel, were switched on and you could see we were hungry for a win.

Happy but let's see what we do next week.

Just watched the highlights and am wondering how the hell boyd scored? He was still on the 10 m line as the ball trickled past the try line. Amazing stuff
it was very slack work by the winger as well

A good solid win tonight and definitely a step in the right direction.
If we keep improving from here, even just slightly, week on week, we will give this comp a real solid shake come the finals.

When Gould stated in commentary during the first half that we lacked finesse, I remember thinking “finesse, I’d take solid right now”. Well, the team definitely delivered solid in the second half. I think the foundation was our defence. We were working as a unit wanting to prove a point, which provided our attack some room to work.

Let’s not kid ourselves though, we still have a lot of work to do. But all in all, promising signs.

A good solid win tonight and definitely a step in the right direction.
If we keep improving from here, even just slightly, week on week, we will give this comp a real solid shake come the finals.

When Gould stated in commentary during the first half that we lacked finesse, I remember thinking “finesse, I’d take solid right now”. Well, the team definitely delivered solid in the second half. I think the foundation was our defence. We were working as a unit wanting to prove a point, which provided our attack some room to work.

Let’s not kid ourselves though, we still have a lot of work to do. But all in all, promising signs.

There were, but for the sake of oud collective sanity, please show up next week and build on that performance.

I liked the kick-chases tonight - excellent work and also the combination of Milford and Roberts for Roberts try from the Milford kick. About time, a worked play rather than something off the cuff.

However the intensity and defence was what impressed me the most. Oh, and what's his name .... um, Haas I think.

3 Oates
2 TPJ
1 Niko

Kodi outplayed Cook. Haas, Sims and TPJ turned the game but Oates was the only reason we were in it to begin with.

Wayne confirmed in the presser that Lodge isn't injured, he just hooked him.

That doesn't sound right to me. The only thing I can think of was that he seemed to favour the pass after his first couple of runs?

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.