Sexual assault allegation

Playboy Bunny

Playboy Bunny

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Re: Rape allegation

Why doesn't everyone just calm down and wait until there is a media release??

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

Playboy Bunny said:
Why doesn't everyone just calm down and wait until there is a media release??

You can stay calm, it's not your team that's involved. [icon_razz1

B

bianc

QCup Player
Jun 15, 2008

ABC radio just said that Broncs players were out celebrating. Didn't say it was Broncs players.
I'm with Rocky. Could have been a Sydney side up here end of season. [icon_pray.
I don't know why they didn't put a drinking ban on themselves at this time of the year. Storm did and they did it themselves without being told to.
FFS they should have pride in their club enough to do that at least at this time of the year.(not that it was one of ours btw)

Playboy Bunny

Playboy Bunny

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008

I know that. I still like some of the Broncos players wouldn't want them involved with anything like this however worrying and being all suspicious isn't gonna make things any better or worse if it turns out to be true.

B

broncos_are_the_best

BRL Player
Mar 4, 2008

"Queensland Police are investigating reports three NRL players were involved in an alleged sexual assault in a Brisbane nightclub.

A woman has allegedly made a complaint to Brisbane detectives claiming she was sexually assaulted in the toilet of the Fortitude Valley club.

The ABC has been told a number of Brisbane Broncos players were celebrating in the club last night.

Police have confirmed they are investigating the incident but are not releasing any details.

Brisbane Broncos media manager Trad McLean says the club is aware of the allegation but has not been in contact with police." from http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... ion=justin

L

last|soldier

NYC Player
Mar 6, 2008

ABC wrote said:
"

A woman has allegedly made a complaint to Brisbane detectives claiming she was sexually assaulted in the toilet of the Fortitude Valley club.

from http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... ion=justin

This is what is stupid. I don't know if its just an error in the writing by the journo, but the woman has either made a complaint or not. No allegedly about it.

B

badav

BRL Player
Apr 12, 2008

Kaz said:
When I first heard the story, I just thought of just 2 players.

And if I am correct it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

When you say that, you don't even need to mention names for people to know who it is.

B

bianc

QCup Player
Jun 15, 2008

Yeah that's right Kaz cos they are always getting talked about on here so not hard to guess and I don't think it is fair that we jump to those conclusions.
Sounds by all that has been said in the press that it is all very much blown out of proportion by the passionate supporters that we are.
Lets hope(would pray if I knew how) that it is all crap and is totally nothing but media build up.

W

Webcke

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2008

3 players come to mind and if they are gone we are gone with them.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

badav said:
Kaz said:

When you say that, you don't even need to mention names for people to know who it is.

Because it's against the law to say that sort of stuff.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

badav said:
Kaz said:

Well you don't have to be Einstein to work out who it could be.

The report said 3 High Profile players.

A

andirect

BRL Player
Sep 14, 2008

i would think anyone in the broncos first grade side is high profile.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

andirect said:
i would think anyone in the broncos first grade side is high profile.

The media would call any player, no matter how unknown, a "high profile player" if it means the story is going to get more attention. They're parasites I tells ya.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008

Scotty's right, they do that all the time no matter who the player is. Look back through reports on any previous incidents and players will always be refered to as "NRL Stars" or similar. Pretty sure that line was even used with Lacey and Te Reo.

A

andirect

BRL Player
Sep 14, 2008

the article on the courier mail website has been updated, with allegations now aimed directly at 3 broncos players.

THREE Brisbane Broncos rugby league players are being investigated over an alleged sexual assault in an inner-city nightclub on Saturday night.

Queensland police are tomorrow expected to interview the players over claims that a woman was sexually assaulted in the toilets of Fortitude Valley's Alhambra Lounge nightclub.

But it is believed the alleged victim is yet to make a formal complaint.

Police established a crime scene at the nightclub soon after it opened its doors at 8pm on Saturday.

A police spokeswoman said: "Police are investigating an alleged incident."

It is understood the players had been celebrating Friday night's semi-final victory over the Sydney Roosters and arrived at Alhambra Lounge after being evicted from another Brisbane hotel.

Broncos boss Bruno Cullen could not be reached for comment.

Four Broncos players have been sacked over drinking-related incidents.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 52,00.html

[icon_thumbs_do

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.