Sexual assault allegation

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
As frustrating as this is, and understandably ppl are desperate for anwers in the hope the players are guilty of nothing but grubby behaviour, a public forum should not be used for speculating on whatever happened.

As far as the players are concerned they would be well educated on how to manage situations in public when approached by admiring fans, yet still they end up in trouble.

They made a lot of choices during the day to arrive at this point and somehow between the 3 of them they didn't know when to stop.

I just can't get my head around the stupidity of making so many bad choices when they have so much at stake, not only from a personal viewpoint but to their coach, team and club.

I will be very interested too see the crowd on Saturday night, I was organising a group of 11 to go to the match and to a man they have pulled out.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
mrslong said:
michael22 said:
From what I have read... they've done nothing wrong. She was the toilet with the 3 guys of her own accord.

No doubt the alcohol wore off and the next day when speaking to her friend she didnt like the disgusted response her friend gave her so she made the complaint.

She should be held accountable for her own actions. In this day and age an allegation is all it takes to follow someone around for life. She should have maybe had a few less drinks that night.

I doubt there is even any video footage of it on any of their phones.

Why should they be stood down?

I'd say they shouldn't have started filming...that's what would have upset her! I'm sure she wouldn't have liked it sent around to all their mates.

If this isn't a breach of code of conduct I think it needs an overhaul.

Oh yeah absolutely, they should just add this in

Players are forbidden to film or make visual copies of getting a hummer or rooting someone in a nightclub toilet. Failure to follow this rule will result in dismissal

icon_thumbs_u Just kidding

Seriously though, this is a mess if I have ever seen one. Our season is blown.

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
Scotty said:
She made the complaint on the same evening mate.

In the reports I've read the complaint was made after being urged to by her friend.

How often do we hear of cases like this where women won't hold themselves accountable for their own actions.

I honestly believe they are guilty here of stupidy and that's all. They didn't do anything three young, red blooded other males wouldn't have done. The difference is their high profile.

If she had gone in there with 3 random guys (unlikely as the whole reason she would have done it to begin with was cause of their profile) nothing more would come of it.

Stupidity? Yes. Sexual assault? Far from it.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Dexter said:
As far as the players are concerned they would be well educated on how to manage situations in public when approached by admiring fans, yet still they end up in trouble.

Because Alhambra and other similar clubs "protect" the players. They are under the misguided belief that they can get away with anything there. It's not "public".

Alhambra should be held accountable for this too. Why didn't security evict them when this was going on? They knew it was happening.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Sigh. They've tarnished the Broncos name and have acted irresponsibly in public. Let's be honest there is a time and place for these things.

I'm torn between booting and not.. Maybe I should take my goggles off.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
There will be a full strength line up against the Storm this week.

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
Aeetee said:
There will be a full strength line up against the Storm this week.

Good. The thought of players being stood down for this is ridiculous at the moment.

T

THORN12

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Why can't guys keep it in their pants? I'm not fully blaming men here. If a girl says "how about it fellas?" and has a clear head then that's what she wants to do. But if the girl is out of her mind on drugs and/or alcohol and has no idea what she is doing then the guys shouldn't take advantage.

J

Jeanette

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
If the video still exists, it could condemn or exonerate them...

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Dexter said:
Scotty said:
mrslong said:
michael22 said:

Was that a joke? [icon_evillaugh

Glad someone picked up on it [icon_razz1

michael22 said:
Scotty said:

In the reports I've read the complaint was made after being urged to by her friend.

Do you have a link to any news reports saying her mate told her to report it? I'd just like to have a read

Thorn12, what if the blokes are off their mind on booze as well? It works both ways. Why couldn't she keep in in her pants??

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
robbie mustoe said:
michael22 said:
From what I have read... they've done nothing wrong. She was the toilet with the 3 guys of her own accord.

No doubt the alcohol wore off and the next day when speaking to her friend she didnt like the disgusted response her friend gave her so she made the complaint.

She should be held accountable for her own actions. In this day and age an allegation is all it takes to follow someone around for life. She should have maybe had a few less drinks that night.

Agree. At this stage, given the reports, no players should be stood down. People are over-reacting IMO.

What do you mean they havn't done anything wrong? They've brought the club into disrepute. Sure they are young, the girl was keen for it- but there is a time and place for it and they are public icons. What concerns me! Is how much of this actually goes on that we don't know about? I shudder to think what kind of drinking culture we have at the Broncos.

T

THORN12

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
I know I said I'm not fully blaming guys here. I was just reffering it to the current situation. I know it goes both ways, women can sexually assault men too. We all know the story of the stripper and the best man at the bachelor party.

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
mal said:
robbie mustoe said:
michael22 said:

Agree. At this stage, given the reports, no players should be stood down. People are over-reacting IMO.

What do you mean they havn't done anything wrong? They've brought the club into disrepute. Sure they are young, the girl was keen for it- but there is a time and place for it and they are public icons. What concerns me! Is how much of this actually goes on that we don't know about? I shudder to think what kind of drinking culture we have at the Broncos.

I'm not condoning what they have done nor saying it is acceptable. I just don't think it constitutes sackings or players being stood down in a finals series. Let's face it, this is significantly less severe than what was being thrown around yesterday. It's gone from rape, to sexual assault, to inappropriate use of a mobile phone camera.

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
Scotty said:
Dexter said:
Scotty said:
mrslong said:
michael22 said:

Was that a joke? [icon_evillaugh

Glad someone picked up on it [icon_razz1

michael22 said:
Scotty said:

Do you have a link to any news reports saying her mate told her to report it? I'd just like to have a read

Thorn12, what if the blokes are off their mind on booze as well? It works both ways. Why couldn't she keep in in her pants??

It was in the Sydney Morning Herald today in the sports pages. Baiscally says she went in the toilets, performed oral sex on three of them then full sex with two of them. The third pulled out his phone and started filming and this is what she objected to.

She then made the complaints at the urging of her friend.

I read it in the physical paper but i'm sure there is a copy online - http://www.leaguehq.com.au is the SMH league website.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
So Coxy, going by our recent history of dealing with issues like this swiftly, do you believe these 3 should get the cut? It seems a little two-faced by the Broncos to pull out the ol "It was a mutual agreement between the girl and the 3 players- they have done nothing wrong." - Technically they are happy their players are out having threesomes in plubicly accessible toilets yada yada.

Or should they come out and say "We do not condone this sort of behaviour and drinking culture at the Broncos and for this reason the players are being dismissed." or at the least - suspended even at the sacrifice of 08 Premiership. I think alot of peoples opinions opinions would differ massively if SBW, Patten & Utai were out doing the same thing.

Let's be honest, the Broncos image has been tarnished. Alot of our fans are a generation above us and look at these acts as disgusting and immature. But anyway..

edit:- but Robby, it's not about just using a camera, it's about bringing the Broncos name down.

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.