Sharks Vs. Broncos *SPOILER*

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
He is blaming everything from the weather to the shape of the football.

But he hasn't blamed the coach.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
he sort of did Kaz. He said "I'm learning things about myself"...eg, "I can't coach" :P

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Argh I miss Wayne Bennett, I always knew once he went we would struggle big time. He would get reserve grade teams out there even if they got flogged they were playing with heart and putitng everything in. Under Henjack seriously this isn't the same team, when we get flogged the players well most don't care. Corey Parker you'll always be one of my favs and you're one of the few in this pathetic team atm showing heart and pride in the jersey, everyone else is playing like a joke.

Seriously, give it to me if you like but I think the only person who can turn this team around is Justin Hodges. I don't care how much he gets bagged out by people on this forum he is by far the best player in the team and possibley the only player that fires up the team to play well and one of the few who doesn't give up when the other team gets a step ahead.

I bloody hope Hodgo is back next week, we really need him. On another note the rest of the team serously the talent is there, pull your fingers out and have a freaken go, this is disgraceful and the spirit shown in this team (bar a very few) is not what the Broncos have become famous for.

Actually here's another Bruno Cullen is the worst CEO in the NRL. Lets not kid ourselves here, Ennis, Stagg, Eastwood, Hannant, Boyd, Kemp, Tate, Civoniceva, Webcke, Thorn, Carlaw, McGuire, Berrigan( :( ) all gone within the space of 2 years (from end of 06 to end of 08 these players all gone) and who are they replaced with?
Marsh LOL, Hewitt LOL!, Sims LOLKNOCKON, Clinton meh, Teo meh, Setu LOL. That along with Micheals over Boyd(maybe an excuse here), no trying to hold onto to the mots successful coach in the game, Letting go of very good players in crucial positions like Ennis, Civoniceva, Hannant, is almost criminal. Then we have toilet group sex 20k fine, then palyers who piss on a wall in public get a 2k fine then a player who simply has a chat with a female in his bedroom gets a 50k fine and a 2 week suspension. Having a lot of trouble trying to re-sign Lockyer and Hunt and spending 400k of the salary cap on a winger and not bothering to re-sign a very good no.9
I can hardly think of one good thing Cullen has done in the past few years, what good signing decisions have been made nor good handling of any situations which arise. Bulldogs got the wooden spoon, they got a new (who IMO is the best CEO in the game) very good CEO and bought players in crucial positions, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 11, etc Now look at where they are, the Broncos have done the exact opposite, spent all the money in positions which did not need improvemnt, seriously our wingers last year were fine and so was our backrow this year it's worse.

/end rant

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Wapau - seriously, just play in the Q Cup, it's all you're capable of.

About three years ago I was interviewing this bloke every so often in my previews to Innisfail Leprechauns games in the Cairns and District Rugby League. He was an excellent player at THAT level but his career ceiling very much appeared to be the QLD Cup, which he duly made a short time later.

A year or two ago there was some suggestions on this forum about his future worth as a first grader and I was quick to point out he was quite a way shy of that in quite a few departments. So seeing this former Weipa lad make it to the NRL this year is just simply STUNNING to me, STUNNING. It's definitely a (sad) reflection of the state of Brisbane's forward stocks, which are currently, in my opinion, the weakest EVER in the club's 22 year history. And it didn't even need Warren Ryan (as he did in 1988) to scream "SOFT UNDERBELLY" from the rooftops in 2009. This time it's the Brisbane fans who're rightly doing it.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
Actually here's another Bruno Cullen is the worst CEO in the NRL. Lets not kid ourselves here, Ennis, Stagg, Eastwood, Hannant, Boyd, Kemp, Tate, Civoniceva, Webcke, Thorn, Carlaw, McGuire, Berrigan( :( ) all gone within the space of 2 years (from end of 06 to end of 08 these players all gone) and who are they replaced with?
Marsh LOL, Hewitt LOL!, Sims LOLKNOCKON, Clinton meh, Teo meh, Setu LOL. That along with Micheals over Boyd(maybe an excuse here), no trying to hold onto to the mots successful coach in the game, Letting go of very good players in crucial positions like Ennis, Civoniceva, Hannant, is almost criminal. Then we have toilet group sex 20k fine, then palyers who piss on a wall in public get a 2k fine then a player who simply has a chat with a female in his bedroom gets a 50k fine and a 2 week suspension. Having a lot of trouble trying to re-sign Lockyer and Hunt and spending 400k of the salary cap on a winger and not bothering to re-sign a very good no.9
I can hardly think of one good thing Cullen has done in the past few years, what good signing decisions have been made nor good handling of any situations which arise. Bulldogs got the wooden spoon, they got a new (who IMO is the best CEO in the game) very good CEO and bought players in crucial positions, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 11, etc Now look at where they are, the Broncos have done the exact opposite, spent all the money in positions which did not need improvemnt, seriously our wingers last year were fine and so was our backrow this year it's worse.

[eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Piss off Bruno.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Keep it in General Talk please Rock.

k thx bai!

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
I've got to say I'm losing my passion as a Broncos supporter. These players know nothing about this jersey, how much it means to its supporters and past players (and coach). They have no clue about what foundations the club was built on, and what it takes to pull on the jersey. Until I see those values embraced and committed to by this bunch of players, I can't put as much passion and energy into games this season.

I've got to agree with some of the peeps that say Peter Ryan has to be sacked, they are progressively getting worse.
McCollough - misses too many tackles, especially close to the line (I stated this earlier in the season, and now it's finally coming back to bite us on the arse)
Setu - does he even tackle conventionally?
Wapau - drops off tackles as if the player has snakes on him (I don't want to see him in a Broncos jersey again this year)
Michaels - keeps going low on players when he's 1-on-1, he also falls off way too many tackles.
T'eo - see Setu
Sims - lazy performer, has a couple of spurts where he puts his act into gear, then goes MIA and is totally ineffective.

What I would have next week:
1. Hunt
2. Winterstein (who else do you put in???)
3. Michaels (who else do you put in???)
4. Folau (Hodges when fit)
5. Hewitt (Folau when Hodges fit)
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Glenn

14. Marsh
15. Taylor
16. Williams
17. Sweeney

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn

The one player that we lost who we are missing the most is Ennis.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
broncospwn said:

/end rant

I agree with the Ennis, Folau bit but if we kept everyone else we would have a squad of 12

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Kaz said:
broncospwn

Agree to a degree but think Stagg is the one who we are missing the most, maybe some will now realise how effective David actually was/is both in attack and moreso in defence.

Also think Webcke should be brought back ASAP, who cares what the players think re his book.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Russo said:
Kaz said:
broncospwn

Agree to a degree but think Stagg is the one who we are missing the most, maybe some will now realise how effective David actually was/is both in attack and moreso in defence.

Also think Webcke should be brought back ASAP, who cares what the players think re his book.

Yup we need Stagg and would've kept him if Bennett was still coack AKA if Cullen pissed off years ago. Could've kept Ennis as well as Eastwood and Boyd, and still got Folau IMO.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Ghibli said:
I've got to say I'm losing my passion as a Broncos supporter. These players know nothing about this jersey, how much it means to its supporters and past players (and coach). They have no clue about what foundations the club was built on, and what it takes to pull on the jersey. Until I see those values embraced and committed to by this bunch of players, I can't put as much passion and energy into games this season.

+1
(and +2 with Tee).

In fact, Tee just said to me if the Broncos get flogged by Parra tomorrow he won't be arsed going to the Warriors game.

I've got to agree with some of the peeps that say Peter Ryan has to be sacked, they are progressively getting worse.
McCollough - misses too many tackles, especially close to the line (I stated this earlier in the season, and now it's finally coming back to bite us on the arse)
Setu - does he even tackle conventionally?
Wapau - drops off tackles as if the player has snakes on him (I don't want to see him in a Broncos jersey again this year)
Michaels - keeps going low on players when he's 1-on-1, he also falls off way too many tackles.
T'eo - see Setu
Sims - lazy performer, has a couple of spurts where he puts his act into gear, then goes MIA and is totally ineffective.

What I would have next week:
1. Hunt
2. Winterstein (who else do you put in???)
3. Michaels (who else do you put in???)
4. Folau (Hodges when fit)
5. Hewitt (Folau when Hodges fit)
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Glenn

14. Marsh
15. Taylor
16. Williams
17. Sweeney

Looks as good a team as we could hope for, though I'd put McGuire in again ahead of Sweeney.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Who else believes Marsh should be released?

He'd be on decent money too.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Contract is up at the end of this season isn't it? Piss churchy boy off.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
In fact, Tee just said to me if the Broncos get flogged by Parra tomorrow he won't be arsed going to the Warriors game.

Lucky (or unlucky?) for Tee I reckon that's pretty unlikely [icon_wink

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Next week then, smart arse! :P LOL

And what a sexy smart arse it is....oh hai!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm not really going to argue on any "one" player we miss the most. One good or bad signing won't turn us into a team that gets flogged by 40+ 3 weeks in a row, it's the collective **** ups of a very poor CEO over a few years time which has turned this once great side into a very poor one. Even then it's still not an excuse the 07 team minus 10 regular FG'ers was a pretty poor side talent wise but never gave up and gave it their all every game, Hardly in 07 during that injury crisis did I walk away from a game thinking pathetic, I actually was proud of them and the effort and pride they were showing, there is already been twice this year were it has come to the stage of disgraceful and thinking these players are not even trying, before 09 I seriously can't remember (bar the odd exception here and there) saying at the end of a game "the team didn't even try", this season..!!!! Argh it's hurts to think about it!

Next week (provided the panthers and eagles win and we lose) the Broncos could fall out of the 8 and with the downward spiral the team is heading in a few more losses could see the top 8 become a difficult achievement and this is probably the only season I have ever genuinely thought I might not see the Broncos make the finals, the broncos have never finished below 8th position, it's standards like that which have made this club so successful if we were to miss the finals (Henjack's on a one year contract right?) then both the Coach and CEO need to be sacked, they are ultimately responsible for the recruitment and retention of the team, who is the replacement? Don't ask me but letting club legends and guys who put their blood, sweat and tears into the club like Webcke leave because he said something a few premadonnas didn't agree with is a definitely not a step in the right direction.

p.s Palestine Folau will dominate NSW icon_thumbs_u
p.s.s NSW will get thrashed 4th year in row

K

kelsey tisdale

U18 Player
Aug 16, 2008
Christ, if this is the future, then I don't wanna be around to see it, once again the forwards were woeful. Palmer Wapau wouldn't make the Northside Natives run on squad and they only have 12 players. He and his 2 mates, Teo and Setu need to quit football and go purchase a Jim's Mowing franchise, maybe it's something they'd be successful at, but they sure the hell wouldn't be cutting my grass. Make no mistake, it will be a struggle to make the top 8, the origin hangover hasn't even started yet which may not be a bad thing because maybe then the board of directors will decide to clean house starting with the CEO then the coach, two guys who couldn't run a bowling alley, never mind the Brisbane Broncos. I cringe when I think of the valuable salary cap dollars that are being used to pay some of these no hopers, blokes who failed at other clubs and are being paid decent money to fail at ours. Our no names got throttled by a team that had even more no names, a club which can hardly pay their players, it doesn't get any lower than this but it will in the coming weeks.

Unread

Active Now

• Volvo Driver
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncoFan94
  • Justwin
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Behold
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.