The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I can claim we didn't make the top 4 because of those games because we had those games won, in the bag, and a few minutes of stupidity (and an incorrect referee decision in the titans case) made us lose those 4 games, which had we won we would've finished in the top 4. It doesn't matter about the other games that we lost - had we won those like we should have, we would have finished in the top 4. i dont get how this is a hard thing to comprehend lol.

Even though your reasoning is flawed because there is a million other factors you don't take into account and you could apply your reasoning to any team to 'virtually' improve their position. But even if what you say is true it doesn't support your point because the fact that we lost those games highlights how far away we are from the top 4 as a team because top 4 teams don't lose those games.

Rugby league isn't a maths equation where you can say:

Take team x - these players + 1 Milford x games not lost = premiership

If this is how it worked we wouldn't bother playing the season, David Middleton would host a one hour special and declare the winner at the end of it

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
That'd be pointless, as all of their games with Milford at 5/8th were against bottom 6 clubs.

Yes and no. I don't think performances against bottom 6 clubs can be dismissed completely. Some of those teams beat us even though we finished higher. The quality of the opposition is certainly a factor. Timing as well. A good example is the Sharks. Milford was outstanding against them in the final round helping the Raiders to a win. The Sharks beat Brisbane this year but we're supposed to be the better team.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I can claim we didn't make the top 4 because of those games because we had those games won, in the bag, and a few minutes of stupidity (and an incorrect referee decision in the titans case) made us lose those 4 games, which had we won we would've finished in the top 4. It doesn't matter about the other games that we lost - had we won those like we should have, we would have finished in the top 4. i dont get how this is a hard thing to comprehend lol.

What's your take on our chronic poor starts in games, ap? We found ourselves chasing points early on in several games. Surely those pitiful starts accumulate to more than 20 minutes of bad play, right?

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
What's your take on our chronic poor starts in games, ap? We found ourselves chasing points early on in several games. Surely those pitiful starts accumulate to more than 20 minutes of bad play, right?

Another Wayne Bennett stuff up...

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
Well from my point of view, AP's right that a bit more discipline at the back end of a few games would have put us in the top 4. Which is more a reflection on how close the ladder was than how good we were.

However, even if we were there, I think we'd still have been making up the numbers. We never played with enough consistency to be a genuine premiership threat, and we relied on Hunt so many times to get us there, without him we'd almost certainly have been bottom 4.

I think the team's talented though, but a more experienced coach should be able to get them to play to potential.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Well from my point of view, AP's right that a bit more discipline at the back end of a few games would have put us in the top 4.
This is what people dont seem to be understanding. None of the other clubs and games they could have won are relevant. if the Broncos just didnt shoot themselves in the foot in the last minute in 3 games, and at any stage in the cronulla game, we make the top 4. apparently thats a near impossible thing to understand.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
This is what people dont seem to be understanding. None of the other clubs and games they could have won are relevant. if the Broncos just didnt shoot themselves in the foot in the last minute in 3 games, and at any stage in the cronulla game, we make the top 4. apparently thats a near impossible thing to understand.

Mate ,it's not that people don't understand the point you're trying to make. It's just that is so mind-numbingly irrelevant.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

I think what people are saying is that most teams fans can make a case for the 3 or 4 games each year that they should have won, in which case just give every other club 6 or 8 points as well and everyone stays as they are.

Fans often also forget the games that they won where they came from behind or were maybe were lucky to get away with the 2 points...

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Again, none of that matters. If we hadve had a bit more composure for less than 20 minutes across the season, with everything else the same, we make the top 4. Nit a hard concept, but you guys are acting like its rocket surgery.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Again, none of that matters. If we hadve had a bit more composure for less than 20 minutes across the season, with everything else the same, we make the top 4. Nit a hard concept, but you guys are acting like its rocket surgery.
And again for the only intelligent poster, it's irrelevant. We understand with our limited capabilities but also know that even if we won those games, as a trade off in this fantasy world we may have lost 4 other games during the season. Meanwhile in la la league other clubs won more close games and we still missed out....

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Jesus Christ, with the amount of people that have tried to explain this to you in as many different ways I would be very careful when questioning others comprehension. I'll give it another go.

We get it

You are saying that had we won those games we would be top 4

Everyone else is saying that that means nothing because we didn't

Everyone can understand if you add another 6 points we make the top 4. We didn't win those games so what is your point.

We can say that for any team

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
I wish I had magic powers to reincarnate Darren Lockyer a 19 year old version and chuck him in the team

1. Milford
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt

Wow. Imagine that shit :)

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

It doesn't matter how you rearrange your sentences, try to change a few words or belittle other posters with facetious remarks. Time travel and alternate timelines is definitely a hard concept.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008

Well, what's not impossible to understand, is that the only reason you are trying to make this point is so that you have a way to not give WB any credit should he get the Broncos into the top 4

We ALL see it now - "Oh no, Bennett didn't improve us at all, we were that good last year too except for 20 minutes"

Because it's absolutely impossible to suggest that Bennett may be responsible for fixing up the 20 minutes of brain farts and actually improving the team

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Did anyone watch the video of Kevvie part 2 . wayne was running some drills with the forwards. very hands on , jinking with big boppers in the front line. Don't remember seeing vision of Hook getting into such detail. Quite impressive.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Did anyone watch the video of Kevvie part 2 . wayne was running some drills with the forwards. very hands on , jinking with big boppers in the front line. Don't remember seeing vision of Hook getting into such detail. Quite impressive.

where can I find that mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • mitch222
  • Santa
  • porouian
  • Midean
  • Dash
  • mrslong
  • mystico
  • Mr Fourex
  • Skyblues87
  • Stix
  • broncsgoat
  • kwomo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.