Who is your 2010 Fullback? Discuss!

Who is your 2010 Broncos fullback

• Total voters
Just thinking back to Kemp's form of 2008, I am starting to think I would prefer him back on the wing. Yes, a fair chunk of his tries were courtesy of Lockyer, Hunt and Wallace, but some of his finishes were fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nZI7EJKAkQ

I'd be happy with Hoffman to fullback, Kemp on the wing and Winterstein at left centre.

Jeba said:
Just thinking back to Kemp's form of 2008, I am starting to think I would prefer him back on the wing. Yes, a fair chunk of his tries were courtesy of Lockyer, Hunt and Wallace, but some of his finishes were fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nZI7EJKAkQ

I'd be happy with Hoffman to fullback, Kemp on the wing and Winterstein at left centre.

+1

I love that clip. That last try gets me everytime, I remember watching it and thinking WFT are you running backwards for and then CHAR CHING...try time baby :)

god that last second try against the eels still gives me goosebumps. one of our highlights of the 00's.

Watching that video really reinforces to me how underrated Hunt was by many on here. Kemp doesn't score half of his tries without Kunts involvement. Boy will we miss him.

Well Kemp is only 12 games away from the crucial 50 mark you mention. Put that into perspective, while he's only 12 games away from being 'experienced' he has 32 games more than Hoffman. And while that's not the be-all and end-all, it does count for something, as much as you'd like to deny it. I personally would feel a lot safer having someone at the back who has had experience with the kicking games of first grade players, and who is used to the step up in terms of defence.
Does this mean I think Hoffman is unsuited to the role? No. But at this stage I feel Kemp is a better candidate, and I think he deserves first crack. Not a mortgage on the number 1, but an opportunity to make it his own.

m1c said:
Watching that video really reinforces to me how underrated Hunt was by many on here. Kemp doesn't score half of his tries without Kunts involvement. Boy will we miss him.

Well lets hope Hoffman has the basic skills to be able to draw players then throw a decent pass, surely Kemp would run in a few on the back of that.

True Scotty, though Hunt did develop a very nice grubber kick in the last couple of seasons that produced a lot of tries off that second man play. Again, Hoffman or whoever takes the 1 can learn to do that, but it'll take time.

Scotty said:
m1c said:

Well lets hope Hoffman has the basic skills to be able to draw players then throw a decent pass, surely Kemp would run in a few on the back of that.

You make it sound easy mate. Obviously a lot more goes into than draw and pass and basic skills. Choosing to take the right options and then also being able to time and execute it properly under pressure make it a lot more difficult than what it appears. Otherwise guys like Slater - who is a skillful player in his own right - and the myriad of other fullbacks running around would have no problems finishing off movements like that. The fact he was doing this consistently at 22 is phenomenal. I maintain Hunt really was something special - best player to walk into this club since Locky.

seriously guys, it has to be lockyer, if we want to keep the same attack structure then you need a ball playing fullback and who better than the best ball playing fullback ever? dazza to fullback, smith to five eight, done. hunt needs another couple of years against the big boys.

the more i see with Hoffman being so confident im looking forward to seeing him there!

channel nine just had an add for the late news saying hoffman has already got the spot????

how the hell would they know this far out?

And you will watch it wont you :P See what they are doing?

id say Hoff will have it but

shaneomac said:
channel nine just had an add for the late news saying hoffman has already got the spot????

how the hell would they know this far out?

I didn't listen closely but I think they were talking about he's got the spot for the trial against Canberra on Feb 20.

sorry yeah i forgotto watch it after all that cause i figured it was a load of bs anyway. wont know till end of trials and im assuming there will be threedifferent fullbacks in each of the trials

Denan Kemp shall dominate the 2010 NRL season. Wait for Kemp and Lockyer to combine superbly to propel the Broncos to 2010 glory

Looks like Denan Kemp has joined these forums.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.