Australia vs India - Test Series

Every time we start to get comfortable ... wicket... and then have to rebuild all over again.

I'm not sure I trust Paine in this situation... he'll likely come out swinging and either go 50 off 60 or out for a low score, at which point we'll be scrambling to a total.

I would like to see us get through to tea, but if Paine gets out cheaply we may not

Nah I reckon they just go all out now, this pitch has some demons in it now.

If I were our bowlers I’d be starting to lick my chops, this wicket is starting to look lively.

Hehe Green might start freeing the arms now, let's hope so anyway.

Nah I reckon they just go all out now, this pitch has some demons in it now.
Aussie bowlers still need to bowl well to take the wickets though.

Indian bowlers have been disciplined and bowling lines that force the batsmen to play at it.

If Starc is accurate he could be very dangerous. But that's a big if given what hes shown of late.

Also fielding need to actually take their catches and captain needs to put catches around the bat

Aussie bowlers still need to bowl well to take the wickets though.

Indian bowlers have been disciplined and bowling lines that force the batsmen to play at it.

If Starc is accurate he could be very dangerous. But that's a big if given what hes shown of late.

Also fielding need to actually take their catches and captain needs to put catches around the bat

Totally agree but you know what, if I were Paine, I'd say to Starc I don't care if it gets smashed, go out there and bump them into submission.

Totally agree but you know what, if I were Paine, I'd say to Starc I don't care if it gets smashed, go out there and bump them into submission.
Yep and then tell Hazlewood and Cummins to actually bowl it at the stumps. Enough of this 5th stump line that they can just leave.

Can't help but feel Australia is just wasting time and an opportunity to win now.

Well, if it doesn't rain, I would not be surprised if India win this.

They are just sucking up time now, this is pointless.

Well, if it doesn't rain, I would not be surprised if India win this.
Wasting time, but if it doesn't rain India win... I'm confused

Wasting time would suggest you think draw becomes a more likely scenario therefore Australia can't win.

If it doesn't rain India wins... so there's enough time to chase 300+ runs but not enough time to take 10 wickets

🤔🤔🤔

Starc has looked miserable all series, must be a downer being around him

Starc has looked miserable all series, must be a downer being around him

I think he’s been carrying a injury, I know he’s had quite a few stress fractures in his feet so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s picked up another one going off how many shoe changes he’s been making. He just can’t seem to be able to swing it at the moment, the minute he starts to swing it at the stumps he’s one of if not the most dangerous bowlers in the world. Not sure if it’s the kookaburra or the pitches that have been produced but the movement and bounce has been the most disappointing thing for me this series. Australia has always been a feared place to come play for overseas teams because of the pace and bounce in the pitches.

Yeah he might be injured, dunno. It’s just a bad look when in the very first over of the innings he is shaking his head and muttering to himself, sets a very bad tone I reckon. And yeah our pitches might be the most “sporting” in world cricket. Wouldn’t mind a second day night test each summer.

What I don’t get is why we didn’t declare earlier? They win if they get a draw. we need them at the crease as long as possible to get them all out. Am I missing something here? The highest run chase is 236! What was the fucking point? Especially with the rain hanging around.

Yeah he might be injured, dunno. It’s just a bad look when in the very first over of the innings he is shaking his head and muttering to himself, sets a very bad tone I reckon. And yeah our pitches might be the most “sporting” in world cricket. Wouldn’t mind a second day night test each summer.

Yeah I noticed that too, not a great look. I personally would of liked to see Cummins with the new ball, I know he copped a bump on the arm batting but he should of been out there as well.
I actually prefer the day night tests, they have more to offer imo but in saying that I think kookaburra balls are less superior to the duke ball and that’s one of the main reasons you see consistent movement in England even when the ball is getting old.
It pains me to see a game of AFL or NRL being played on a cricket oval.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.