Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Don

QCup Player
Jul 19, 2020
No mate I 100% agree with you I was just poking shit at you cause you conveniently decided to pop in when trouble hit.
I popped in before the Robati news broke to let you know early. Doesn’t that mean I popped in before trouble hit? Besides what do you want me to enjoy in the off season, photos of the Titans army camp… much rather read about your mob of dumbasses!

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I popped in before the Robati news broke to let you know early. Doesn’t that mean I popped in before trouble hit? Besides what do you want me to enjoy in the off season, photos of the Titans army camp… much rather read about your mob of dumbasses!
Well Robati was trouble as well.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
This podcast was done last October supposedly and is just resurfacing because of reddit. You’d think if he was going for that upgrade you’re talking about it could’ve been done a lot more effectively. Otherwise I tend to agree with you.
I didn’t realise it was that long ago. Must be a highly successful podcast is one of the stars of Broncos is ragging out the coach and no-one knew about it until now lol

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Posts like this make it hard to believe the people on this forum that tell others you aren’t a troll.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
How has this not blown up in the media?

Long interview, goes on to say how he wasn’t fatigued but had personal issues and that’s why he didn’t play. Says he left games early when we were losing, that groups in the team had falling out (likely due to Payne haas) and that he wants to play fullback.

The most telling was when asked if he thought kevvie was a good coach and he said “I think he’s a nice guy but I don’t think he’s a good coach”.

How did you find it?

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
'Dumb young kid' was the exact wording I was going to use until I saw your post.

He clearly hasn't thought through what he is saying and the potential repercussions from it.

He's about to get a swift lesson.
I can’t understand how anyone who heard any of his after game interviews last year could think this was done maliciously. It’s pretty obvious he’s still a kid brain with very little to no media training.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I can’t understand how anyone who heard any of his after game interviews last year could think this was done maliciously. It’s pretty obvious he’s still a kid brain with very little to no media training.
Yeah no malice at all in my opinion but he has a duty to not be doing podcasts if he doesn’t have the duty of care or ability to understand what he is saying.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I think it might also be a case of him repeating what he has seen and heard.

I also think you are taking the attacks on his intelligence a bit far. He basically has a teenager mentality and teenagers don’t fully understand the variety of consequences an action can have.
I never attacked his intelligence, in fact I have been firmly in the camp that he is smart enough that this is malicious. TBF you are the one saying that he is so naive and dumb that he doesnt understand concepts most 10 year olds are across. If someone said that about me I would consider that an attack on my intelligence.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
Yeah no malice at all in my opinion but he has a duty to not be doing podcasts if he doesn’t have the duty of care or ability to understand what he is saying.
Oh 100 percent, it was definitely beyond stupid what he said but I’m not infuriated with him because of it

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
can't help but think of the kanye line i'm on tv talking like it's just you and me. maybe cobbo just felt a little too comfortable with the podcaster that he let slip.

it's not his opinion that's the problem, it's the manner in which it was aired. that can be fixed. the coach situation probably can't be without intervention.

heaven forbid a young guy spoke too candidly and forgot that all and sundry will rag on every word he says.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
He’s from Cherbourg isn’t he? They aren’t known for their brains out that way. Chris sandow‘s hometown.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If it was October, it isn’t great but makes more sense as I think a lot of the players were frustrated at the way the season ended, at least there is a spin for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Manifesto
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Waynesaurus
  • IceWorks
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.