Drugs in sport - government investigation

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Waste. Of. Money.

RE: Warfarin...agreed, it's terrible. My dad had it after he had bypass surgery and it was awful. The fact it was originally rat poison says it all...

Why's it a waste of money? Broncos s&c staff wouldn't waste money on it if it works. Which it does.

My dad had bypass and valve repair and hated it. I wouldn't wish that shit on anyone.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
manly has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

newcastle, since wayne bennett began, have been cleared too apparently.

Last edited:
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Why isn't AFL getting any attention. They are implicated too, and they have the worst drugs policy I have ever heard in sport. 3 Strikes, no ASADA? What a fucking croc.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
This whole thing is a croc, no where near widespread as it was made out.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
i said right from the start that i dont think anything will actually come out of it, and it looks increasingly likely that nothing will. absolutely ridiculous.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
If you're going to pull a gun in a fight, be damned sure you know how to use it.

Levelling unparticularised allegations about the most heinous of all sporting "crimes" and then back tracking is suicide. You go there, you follow it through to the death (either you or them). Even if there is something in it, the powers that be are already mincing their words and have lost the faith and support of the public (and I dare say the bodies) and the clubs involved are on the front foot now.

Fucking amatuers - trying to make political name for themselves and senior public servants making sure they justify re-employment before the change of government. Meanwhile besmirching everyone that has played professional sport in the past 5 years.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Thursday night at 9.40pm on channel 9 there is going to be some special news report in regards to this whole thing. I don't know if Qld will be co broadcasting it, airing something similar or showing it delayed.

Last edited:
Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Thanks.

QLD will be showing it at 9.40pm QLD time.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Ratings grab by Channel 9, it'll just be the same old crap regurgitated.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Judging by Karl stefanovic's hostile questioning of the former ASADA chief today, and Guys being on the panel, I suspect it's going to be pretty savage on the whole thing

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Judging by Karl stefanovic's hostile questioning of the former ASADA chief today, and Guys being on the panel, I suspect it's going to be pretty savage on the whole thing

And rightly so. Should have been handled with much less circus.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Rumours of 14 Sharks players being stood down by ASADA immediately. Bit of weight to it - Sharks calling an emergency board meeting, betting has been suspended on their game this week and they've cancelled a player appearance with fans tomorrow.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hopefully wade graham is one of the guys stood down. I hate that guy

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • OzeMike
  • scobie
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • jd87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.