Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

That could be said of nearly every player in the comp though!

And as far as his reaction goes, all I saw him do was give a wry smile and shake his head. I can't see any problem with that (unless I missed something), and would be way less than I would do if someone was calling me that!

Guys, probably not the right place to post this .....

.. but ....

... can one of you photoshop genius' please make me up a cool Inglis avatar ? In Broncos strip please icon_thumbs_u

Cheers [icon_drun

Yeah man. I've made it so it looks like he's wearing our mascot.

3480440026_e80ee42c56.jpg

You can tell it's Inglis, he's got the fend going.

Cool, love your work

Emma said:
That could be said of nearly every player in the comp though!

And as far as his reaction goes, all I saw him do was give a wry smile and shake his head. I can't see any problem with that (unless I missed something), and would be way less than I would do if someone was calling me that!

Man i cant blame Smith for anything he did (i didnt see him do anything though). It would be so hard to play for no points and it would be even harder to play for no points infront of a crowd that is chanting "cheats cheats cheats".

Nobody deserves that and i mean nobody. I hate the Melbourne Storm "club" as much as anybody else but for the players to play the way they did and still put in the effort knwoing that they will get nothing out of it was great IMO.

I am thinking about the Storm fans and how they would of felt watching their team lose and been called cheats all game long. If that was the broncos i would be furious. I wouldnt want it to happen to the Broncos so i wont wish it upon any other team!!

The players have been punished already. They dont need to be punished more by stupid chants from stupid fans IMO!!!

Getting back onto topic, has nayone herd anything new in that past couple of hours??

jarro65 said:

.. but ....

... can one of you photoshop genius' please make me up a cool Inglis avatar ? In Broncos strip please icon_thumbs_u

Cheers [icon_drun

That's idea is so yesterday dude ;)

I havent heard anything, Please let him sign today!!

jeremydt said:
jarro65 said:

.. but ....

Cheers [icon_drun

That's idea is so yesterday dude ;)

yeah, thought you'd say that [icon_lol1.

Coxy said:
Emma said:
broncospwn said:
langer77 said:
i love to get smith
God no, I don't think I could handle seeing that grub in a Broncos jersey!
Can't stand the guy.
I personally don't have any issues with Smith, I don't really get why so many people completely hate him, but I would welcome any player of his calibre to the broncos with open arms. Thankfully for me, none of the players I truly hate in the game are anywhere near his calibre so I don't have to worry about being hypocritical on this!

I don't like his attitude to the referees. Also thought it was pretty pathetic that he reacted to the Warriors fans rightly chanting "cheat" while he was lining up a goal. Even if the players are innocent of rorting, the club isn't.

He comes across as a whinger to me. Even worse than me! [icon_razz1

i think smith is a gun look at him for QLD allways playes hard when the storm loose smith for a GF they got smashed he is a good leader and a game winner

Parker said on Channel 10 Inglis is up here,and its only a matter of time

Coxy said:
Emma said:
broncospwn said:
langer77 said:
i love to get smith
Can't stand the guy.
I personally don't have any issues with Smith, I don't really get why so many people completely hate him, but I would welcome any player of his calibre to the broncos with open arms. Thankfully for me, none of the players I truly hate in the game are anywhere near his calibre so I don't have to worry about being hypocritical on this!

I don't like his attitude to the referees. Also thought it was pretty pathetic that he reacted to the Warriors fans rightly chanting "cheat" while he was lining up a goal. Even if the players are innocent of rorting, the club isn't.

He comes across as a whinger to me. Even worse than me! [icon_razz1

If any of the Storm players knew about the illegal payments, it was Smith. He was acting as his own manager when he signed his most recent contract with the club. I have no doubt that he's as guilty as Waldron etc.

Bannermania said:
broncospwn said:
langer77 said:
i love to get smith
Can't stand the guy.

langer77 didn't really ask for your opinion though.

Statement. not a question.
And I didn't really ask for your opinion either.

Ok guys. Kiss and make up.

Senior players Darren Lockyer and Corey Parker say the possibility of Melbourne superstar Greg Inglis joining Brisbane in 2011 had created an air of excitement around the NRL club.

While Melbourne is yet to grant Inglis a release from the final two years of his contract, Lockyer said on Monday the six-time premiers would welcome the Queensland and Australian centre "with open arms".

Parker was even more expressive, declaring the possibility of a Justin Hodges-Greg Inglis backline partnership as "scary".

Inglis' Sydney-based manager Allan Gainey told AAP on Monday there'd been no talks between the Broncos or the NRL since weekend reports flagged the move, hinting it could now drag on late into the week.

Melbourne football manager Frank Ponissi however expressed surprise at media reports, going so far as to suggest Inglis could be "leading people up the garden path"

"At this stage he's got a contract for the next two years with the Melbourne Storm and that's where it stands," fired Ponissi.

"There's been renewed interest (from Brisbane) but in terms of any finalisation or requests for a release, nothing could be further from the truth there.

"He's been linked to the Broncos but in terms of getting close to a signature, it's premature, if it's going to happen at all."

Inglis' manager remained hopeful the Storm would come to the party and give him a release after accepting Brisbane's original offer last Thursday.

"Nothing happened at all today (Monday)," said Gainey.

"We're waiting on Melbourne, the ball is in their court.

"They've still got to release him and they won't do that until they've had discussions with the NRL which they've advised me won't happen in the next 48 hours so we're probably looking more to the end of the week."

While Gainey said he was more than satisfied where things were with Brisbane he said nothing further could happen until Melbourne agreed to release Inglis.

"We believe they will but first they have to check things out as far as their salary cap position in 2011 is concerned with (salary cap auditor Ian Schubert).

"They've said they won't release him until they've done that.

"It's all about timing. They were away on the weekend and they have to set up a meeting with the NRL which Frank Ponissi has told me won't happen in the next 48 hours.

"I can't activate it any more."

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticl ... fault.aspx

It seems as though Melbourne are the only ones stopping the deal now. It appears Inglis is happy with what ever we have offered. Dirty Melbourne cheats better release him!!

The wait is killing me, hurry up and release him :mad:

Pretty clear that Melbourne were the only ones who stopped the deal last week

Inglis' manager remained hopeful the Storm would come to the party and give him a release after accepting Brisbane's original offer last Thursday.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.