Racism drama in the U20's

You've missed the point. It doesn't make you racist if you find being called white derogertory, it just doesn't make sense.

As a white male, tell me what atrocicities yourself or your ancestors have experienced based solely on the fact that you are white?

Ohhhh you're going full bleeding heart on us.

UB is 100% correct, although I think he's being a smart ass. A black person calling a white person a white ****, should be racist. But it's not. Don't give me that bullshit of what happened in the past, this isn't the past, and it should hold absolutely no bearing on the way we interact with other human beings.

UB is right, it should be regarded as being racist, but the reality is that it is largely not (for some reason I am not clear on). I have been called a captain cook mother fucker, which was probably (a) intended to be a racist comment; (b) was not really regarded as such by me because I found it amusing and inventive and (c) I found probably more insulting because he thought I was of English descent.
It should be, but when there is such a historically charged past against a race, western society tends to overcompensate, especially when a country known for deep rooted racism still demonstrates a clear difference of treatment standards according to the colour of your skin, or how slanted your eyes are.

Of course the reverse does not happen in other societies. Go to Japan or China for example, and the disdain for other races is much more apparent.

Australia has little racism to speak of, at least when compared to most other countries in the world, but no matter where you go in the Western world, there will always be a perception of "white privilege" due to western european and mediterranean history of subjugating other people and races to their will.

UB is 100% correct, although I think he's being a smart ass. A black person calling a white person a white ****, should be racist. But it's not. Don't give me that bullshit of what happened in the past, this isn't the past, and it should hold absolutely no bearing on the way we interact with other human beings.

You can at least have a respect for the past and conduct yourself accordingly. In 20 years time is it going to all of a sudden going to be okay to call people **** in a derogatory way?

You can at least have a respect for the past and conduct yourself accordingly. In 20 years time is it going to all of a sudden going to be okay to call people **** in a derogatory way?

Of course you can respect it. But in an argument discussing white people being racially vilified and nothing being done about it, black history doesn't mean a thing.

I don't have an issue with it. But if you're going to call a white person racist, you can call a black person racist, and it's time the world woke up.

I'm not going to go an grab a tiki lamp and protest, because that's just fucking dumb. But deadset, people do the bleeding heart thing on the internet, it's not because they are a good person, it's not because they truly cry themselves to sleep at night because 100 years ago black people were horribly treated, it's because they want to look like the white guy who really does care, and understands the plight of other cultures fighting against the evil white man who can only do wrong, but can never be wronged.

In that song (which I can't remember who sings it or the title because it is completely forgettable), there is that line that says, "Michelle Pfeiffer that white gold". If the line was changed to "Naomi Campbell that black gold", would people be up in arms about it?

I think racism is and will continue to be a problem in the world but just wondering about what would have happened if that line was describing a different colour skin.

As a person of color, I personally have never been offended when I was called a black c**t in the heat of the moment. I don't know, I'm just no wired to be offended at something like that. If someone calls me something like that in the game, in my head I'm like: I've got the bastard now, he's angry, time to put him off his game entirely

Of course you can respect it. But in an argument discussing white people being racially vilified and nothing being done about it, black history doesn't mean a thing.

I don't have an issue with it. But if you're going to call a white person racist, you can call a black person racist, and it's time the world woke up.

I'm not going to go an grab a tiki lamp and protest, because that's just fucking dumb. But deadset, people do the bleeding heart thing on the internet, it's not because they are a good person, it's not because they truly cry themselves to sleep at night because 100 years ago black people were horribly treated, it's because they want to look like the white guy who really does care, and understands the plight of other cultures fighting against the evil white man who can only do wrong, but can never be wronged.

I agree that slacktivism is alive and kicking, but that's not what's at play here.

This is nearly word for word what I was going to write about a certain someone in this thread, thanks for saving me the trouble.

Case in point. I don't think there will ever be a Black Chicks movie. Hell Harry Connick jr tried to tell our entire country what we are allowed to find funny because of something his country did.

WTF? How am I going bleeding heart? My main point is whether or not it should be racist, it isn't. Being called a white **** isn't offensive because it isn't derogatory because there isn't any context. Labelling someone because they are black offend people due to centuries of persecution black people faced purely on the colour of there skin.

Tl;dr - if you are offended by being called white, you're a halfwit.

Who's doing the bleeding heart thing? You have made an incorrect assumption based on something that pisses you off and have gone off your head about, complete with UB, sorry 'a certain someone' backslapping.

WTF? How am I going bleeding heart? My main point is whether or not it should be racist, it isn't. Being called a white **** isn't offensive because it isn't derogatory because there isn't any context. Labelling someone because they are black offend people due to centuries of persecution black people faced purely on the colour of there skin.

You're off your face mate.

White **** isn't derogatory? You don't know the meaning of the word. I know thew point you're making, I think it's wrong. People want equality, but don't want equality. It's stupid.

If I was pissed off enough at a black person, that I'm calling him a black ****, you think they should be able to find that offensive, not because I'm calling him a ****, but because his great, great, great grandfather was a slave, and oh how fucking horrible it must be.

At some point, everyone who has been wronged in the past, need to stand up move the **** on. Until that occurs, you will never have equality.

You understand that don't you? You understand that if I called you a white ****, you are allowed to be angry yeah? You know like, me calling you such a mean thing is indeed mean, and not acceptable by out society? So why the hell should I be allowed to cop it just because my great great great grandfather wasn't a slave, and didn't have a slave?

The past is the past. It's time to move on.

But a black person being offended because someone 3 generations detached from them, and 3 generation detached from anyone around them were treated horribly.

Yeah. I'm the half-wit mate.

I agree that slacktivism is alive and kicking, but that's not what's at play here.

I respectfully choose to disagree in this instance, as I believe who I am responding to is 100% incorrect in his responses, and the way he thinks about this topic.

I respectfully choose to disagree in this instance, as I believe who I am responding to is 100% incorrect in his responses, and the way he thinks about this topic.

I'm backing that person 100% in this case.

Case in point. I don't think there will ever be a Black Chicks movie. Hell Harry Connick jr tried to tell our entire country what we are allowed to find funny because of something his country did.

Was legitimately about to post something about that movie haha.

I'm wondering how our caramel brothers are feeling about all of this...

Being called a white **** isn't offensive because it isn't derogatory because there isn't any context. Labelling someone because they are black offend people due to centuries of persecution black people faced purely on the colour of there skin.

tenor.gif

Active Now

• Dash
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.