[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
This is the part that annoys me. I know we still have a few ex players at the club but the ones who are off helping other clubs are always the first to say something when something goes wrong with the Broncos eg. Benny, Wally, Del and Gordy.

Exactly. It's easy to put the boot in but if Gordys so passionate get off your ass and do something to help the club that made you and you claim to love

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Becaus ether forget who got them where they are. I often laugh at how quick Benny is to put the boot into the broncos but forget they made them
The Broncos didn't 'make' Bennett at all.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The Broncos didn't 'make' Bennett at all.

Didn't they? So sticking by him when there were many calls to sack him had no bearing on his career or stature in the game at all? Good to know, thanks

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
He was already a successful and established coach, why do you think Porky wanted him.

He had his eyes on Bennett's illegitimate son the whole time, and knew it was the best way to get him. We might have never had Minto otherwise.

Marsden63

Marsden63

BRL Player
Jul 5, 2013
He had his eyes on Bennett's illegitimate son the whole time, and knew it was the best way to get him. We might have never had Minto otherwise.
Funny **** lol....

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
He was already a successful and established coach, why do you think Porky wanted him.

This is true......Brisbane certainly didn't start out with nobodies.

They needed guys like Lewis and Bennett to be the face of the new entity.

Bennett was already a NSWRL premiership winning, as well as a successful SOO series winning coach before he took the role at Brisbane.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says he has faith teenage sensation Anthony Milford will remain in Canberra next season as he works on securing the club's next generation of stars for the long term.

The Raiders will break for Christmas on December 22 and Stuart said he anticipated Canberra's World Cup representatives, led by Milford and Josh Papalii, would report for the final week of pre-season for the year.
Milford has previously requested a release from his 2014 Raiders contract to return to family in Brisbane.

The 19-year-old has said he will state his intentions after the World Cup, where he is playing for Samoa under new Raiders assistant coach Matt Parish.

The Raiders board remains adamant he will honour the contract.

The Raiders signed Brisbane hooker Kurt Baptiste to a one-year deal on Friday, but Stuart refuted speculation Canberra would be willing to trade in more Broncos players as compensation for Milford's immediate release.

''It's 100 per cent false, there's no truth in that at all,'' he said.

''It's not something I'm showing too much concern about because I've got faith he'll be here next year.''

Source: Canberra Times

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Ricky Stuart has denied the trade.

Which basically means it's a done deal.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
And also means we can look forward to a Sticky-the-system-is-against-me tirade too.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
Can probably expect Milford signing news tomorrow i guess.

That was about the length in time between Stuart committing to Parra and announcing he'd signed with the Raiders.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Can probably expect Milford signing news tomorrow i guess.

That was about the length in time between Stuart committing to Parra and announcing he'd signed with the Raiders.

and not long after that, Stuart announced that the reason he was moving back to Canberra was for "family reasons"

Just like what Milford wants to do

By the hypocritical Canberra shunts won't let him

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
This is true......Brisbane certainly didn't start out with nobodies.

They needed guys like Lewis and Bennett to be the face of the new entity.

Bennett was already a NSWRL premiership winning, as well as a successful SOO series winning coach before he took the role at Brisbane.

I'm pretty sure Bennett never actually won a premiership in the NSWRL until 1992 when he was with the Broncos. He won BRL premierships and was co-coach at the Raiders in the 87 GF, which the Raiders lost.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I'm pretty sure Bennett never actually won a premiership in the NSWRL until 1992 when he was with the Broncos. He won BRL premierships and was co-coach at the Raiders in the 87 GF, which the Raiders lost.

Ooppss ....my blue, you're right.

Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
All signs point to Milford in a Broncos jersey next year.

LOL at the loonies in the GH saying the only way they would trade Milford is for Macca, Hoffman and Gillett.

They all seem oblivious to the clause in his contract. Regardless of the exact wording of the clause, it was put in the contract to protect Milford, not the Raiders.

An independent investigator analysing this will always rule in favour of the party the clause was intended to protect. It obviously doesn't state mutuality or there would be no argument.

You know what would be more embarrassing for the Raiders administration? Trying to fight this case and losing, & Milford walks for free instead of just negotiating a release with some type of compensation.

Now the Broncos have a Logan Academy, do you really think the families of young Logan players are going to trust the Raiders? The way Anthony has been treated is appalling..

Last edited:
M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
They all seem oblivious to the clause in his contract. Regardless of the exact wording of the clause, it was put in the contract to protect Milford, not the Raiders.

Now the Broncos have a Logan Academy, do you really think the families of young Logan players are going to trust the Raiders? The way Anthony has been treated is appalling..
You're assuming the clause can't protect both parties, ie conditions needing to be met.

Considering more Logan players are going to Canberra for 2014 I don't think it's been an issue, maybe they see it as Milford treating the Raiders appallingly, Logan boy Edrick re-signing, Brenko supposedly close to extending.

Last edited:
Xavier

Xavier

NYC Player
Mar 24, 2013
You're assuming the clause can't protect both parties, ie conditions needing to be met.

Considering more Logan players are going to Canberra for 2014 I don't think it's been an issue, maybe they see it as Milford treating the Raiders appallingly.

Clauses are not about mutuality. Any person can negotiate a mutual release.

These Logan players were already signed to the club prior to the Milford saga.

So you can hardly use them as an example

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Considering more Logan players are going to Canberra for 2014 I don't think it's been an issue, maybe they see it as Milford treating the Raiders appallingly.

Yeah! How dare he want to be with his fake sick father?! Why would he treat the Raiders so badly after they relied on him for the last half of the season. I'd say some of the Logan players would have signed before this drama and I wonder how many asked for the same clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Alec
  • pennywisealfie
  • Astro
  • Behold
  • Skathen
  • Locky24
  • Wolfie
  • Rambstien
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • Wild Horse
  • Jayare
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.