[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

No Spwn, you've got it all wrong. All of that happened despite Gee!

211072d1343669014-paula-brenes-true-story-barney-stinson-29297428-575-858.jpg

Smith has said a few time he wants to have a decision made before next season starts

He has pulled off the signings of Kennedy, Milford, Barba, Mills, Vidot all within a few months, that's two incredible signings with a few other good ones.

Barba and Milford approached us........even Forrest Gump couldn't have fucked those deals up.

Kennedy ...yeah maybe a good signing

Mills and Vidot.....let's wait and see.

Lowrie.....??

To add to that, he's cut off Wallace, Anderson and a few other cap space wasters.

Cut them off ......2-3 yrs too late.

Yes Gee has lifted his game. However it's all reactionary behaviour. Brisbane used to be in front of the 8-ball....under Gee's command we've lagged behind.

Now we're/he's simply playing catch up.

I'll wait until we have indeed "caught up" before I start slapping him on the back for a job well done.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Lets hope he still listens to Mumsy

CAMERON Smith has been given the green light by his mother to see out his NRL career at Melbourne, with Sonia Smith claiming he would be a one club man.This was despite reports Smith would be offered a $1.4 million deal to switch to the Broncos in 2015.
The Australian Kangaroos captain, rated by Queensland coach Mal Meninga as the greatest hooker to play the game, has been told by his mother to stay in Melbourne.
"My personal feelings for Cam are that I'd like to see him play with the Storm until he retires," Smith said.
"I'd love for him to come home tomorrow but as much as I miss him I think he is the type of boy who will stay with the club he started with.
"My feeling is that he will play out his career with the Storm."

Should the 30-year-old re-sign for Melbourne for 2015 and beyond it will most likely see Smith finish his playing career in purple.
Smith said she had spoken to the Melbourne captain about the issue and said the decision was up to her son and wife Barbara.
"It is completely up to him," Smith said.
"We miss him dearly but they have to make that choice."
Smith arrived back in Australia on Wednesday, December 4, and Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy said he had spoken to his star playmaker and was eager for a decision to be made on his future as soon as possible

Last edited:
On the one hand, I really like seeing one club players in a comp where loyalty is becoming a thing of the past.
On the other hand I hate the Storm and want another Broncos premiership ASAP.

It's a win/win if you ask me, if we do manage to get him for 2015 onwards, great, we have the best hooker in the world, if we don't manage to get him we'll have plenty of cash to go after someone else, preferably Cherry-Evans (If Hunt doesn't work out as planned)

I get the feeling that all we're doing is driving up Smith's asking price and he'll eventually stay at the Storm. Which isn't the worse thing in the world if it means they have to let some of their other players go.

If we do in fact sign Smith then I'd be interested to see what happens to Sammy. Does he start looking for a new club or stay here without the captaincy dragging him down? I can see him accepting Smith taking the job but not anyone else in the current playing group.

I get the feeling that all we're doing is driving up Smith's asking price and he'll eventually stay at the Storm. Which isn't the worse thing in the world if it means they have to let some of their other players go.

If we do in fact sign Smith then I'd be interested to see what happens to Sammy. Does he start looking for a new club or stay here without the captaincy dragging him down? I can see him accepting Smith taking the job but not anyone else in the current playing group.

I've recently come to the conclusion that Thaiday is massively overrated. If he left the club tomorrow, I doubt his absence would be noticed.

Agreed, aside from the fact he is pretty good at the indigenous community stuff.

I've recently come to the conclusion that Thaiday is massively overrated. If he left the club tomorrow, I doubt his absence would be noticed.

I kind of agree, but hat fact is he is a starting Australian backrower. A position chosen, I would happily agree, buy someone who knows more about footy than I do.

He has just been used incorrectly at club level and didn't have a good half to run off. I don't see any benefit in having smith unless we had him next year which would allow macca to fix our problem at 6 and be mentored by literally the best.

The plot thickens.

ANOTHER Queensland-based NRL talent is on the verge of asking his club for a release and the drama could end up solving Melbourne Storm's Cameron Smith dilemma.

Three NRL teams are already circling disgruntled Gold Coast Titans rake Matt Srama, who has been relegated down their pecking order despite playing through injury on a minimum-wage contract.

One of those clubs is understood to be the Storm, who will need a quality rake if Smith signs with the Brisbane Broncos for 2015 as widely expected.

Gold Coast hooker Matt Srama adds drama to Cameron Smith contract saga | News.com.au

Gee... You're a tough crowd.

He has pulled off the signings of Kennedy, Milford, Barba, Mills, Vidot all within a few months, that's two incredible signings with a few other good ones. To add to that, he's cut off Wallace, Anderson and a few other cap space wasters.

He's done a good job by any measure. If it was any other club who'd pulled those signings off we'd all be ranting that we didn't go after those players. Now if we can get Milford here for next year we're all set.

And right at this moment we have an unproven half, an unproven 5/8th (who came to us) and we earmarked as a 1, a pissed off fullback looking to get out, a hooker who looks to have peaked well below expectations and a thread bare backup up plan if injury strikes even 1 of them.

It was a long way from a premeditated well executed recruitment plan from Gee and Griffon.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • Broncojim
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Hurrijo
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • Splinter
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.