Round 10 Discussion (Magic Round)

Hang on.....

Ive only just learned of a hip drop today, and now we see two of them in one game?
This whole round has made me feel like im taking crazy pills.

Who doesn’t want to sign Hynes??
I still think he's a slightly slower Drinkwater, but I wanted Drinkwater so I'll be happy with Hynes at 6 or 1 moving forward.

I actually think Hynes is a priority signing now... just like Drinkwater should've been a priority signing 1 month or so ago.

2022 we move on. Its hard to judge him on his injury hit time at Brisbane. His form now is better and he is fit. We would be a better side with him in it than Arthars or Niu at center.
Again based on his interviews I don't think his mind would be on the job.

I'm glad Arthars and Niu have been given opportunities. In fact I think you're being harsh on Arthars, he's had some decent touches out there in limited opportunities.

Hip drop. Dangerous as **** . Perfect eg
No penalty.... if it was on Teddy dragons would be playing with 10 for the rest of the game right now, and Vlando would be looking to bring in a new new new NRL to crackdown on legs tackles

Hip drop. Dangerous as **** . Perfect eg
I thought the hip drop was more when the player is stationary, held by some players and the 3rd guy drops and twists. Sims was just trying to stop a line break.

I thought the hip drop was more when the player is stationary, held by some players and the 3rd guy drops and twists. Sims was just trying to stop a line break.
I think really it should be limited to just that.

If there's a linebreak and you make a diving 1 on 1 tackle from behind where else is your body going to go???

It's going to drag along behind the runner until his legs eventually get tripped up in it and they're dragged to ground

Why are there so many Brisbane based people supporting a Melbourne team? Surely they aren’t bandwagoning.
Never have, never will.

If you’re a true Broncos fan, you will overlook that they have Maroons playing for them. You’re meant to hate them.

Go watch the Parker/Carlaw/Webcke ad on repeat if you ever get a tingling feeling of support for Melbourne.

And if that doesn’t work for you, go watch Ashton Sims gift Inglis a try

It does get confusing.

Who doesn’t want to sign Hynes??
I'm on the record as saying I'm not as keen as most on here seem to be. He's been very good today, but in fairness he's been up against a 12(at one stage 11) man dragons team. Hardly the bar for excellence. As with all signings, the key will be in the dollars. Anything less than 500k I'm okay with, anything more it gets a bit iffy.

Just quickly turned it on to see the score. Why are the commentators surprised at the 'dogs breakfast dragons defence'? Havent they played with 12 most this game and also 11 at one point? 😂

With the game being played in fast forward these days, even quicker againt Melbourne, of course the dragons are gassed..

Again based on his interviews I don't think his mind would be on the job.

I'm glad Arthars and Niu have been given opportunities. In fact I think you're being harsh on Arthars, he's had some decent touches out there in limited opportunities.

I dont think i'm harsh, hes pretty awful in defence and hasnt offered much, same as Niu really. Both passengers. Niu has a bit more development in him, Arthars is nothing more than a decent ISC player.

Cant live of if's, buts and maybes so i cant judge Bird on his interviews, i'm looking at his form on the field. Its better than every center we have rolled out this year. We just wouldnt know if he would have played this well here because i dont think he was ever as fit here as he is now. His better frame of mind could be down to that as much as anything else.

I dont think i'm harsh, hes pretty awful in defence and hasnt offered much, same as Niu really. Both passengers. Niu has a bit more development in him, Arthars is nothing more than a decent ISC player.

Cant live of if's, buts and maybes so i cant judge Bird on his interviews, i'm looking at his form on the field. Its better than every center we have rolled out this year. We just wouldnt know if he would have played this well here because i dont think he was ever as fit here as he is now. His better frame of mind could be down to that as much as anything else.
Without injury he would have been golden for us. He is the ultracompetitive type and would have given 100% if he had the chance.

But you are basing it on ifs and buts because he's not an option for the Broncos. As I said he made it clear he wasn't happy up here and he spent more time running his mouth over the years than running the football. Either way he wasn't staying here so I'd rather try and build a team than keep somebody who doesn't want to play for the team.

I haven't seen any bad efforts from Arthars in D since he's been picked and he scored a pretty good try the other week against the Cowboys. He's only played two games so far for the Broncos and one of them may as well been a wash.

But you are basing it on ifs and buts because he was clearly unhappy here and admitted as much. Either way he wasn't staying here so I'd rather try and build a team than keep somebody who doesn't want to play for the team.

I haven't seen any bad efforts from Arthars in D since he's been picked and he scored a pretty good try the other week against the Cowboys. He's only played two games so far for the Broncos and one of them may as well been a wash.
I'm basing it on his form this season and nothing else. Not what his mindset may or may not have been if he stayed here. He is performing well and better than our centers.

Arthars I just don't agree about. He is bang average in every department. Both him and Coates are always in the wrong place to defend. Until we can defend all over the park we aren't going to improve.

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  • sooticus
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • theshed
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • heartly87
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.