State of Origin Maroon emerging squad

Sounds like 10 players in total broke curfew.

Holmes, Munster, Hunt, Milford, Wallace, Copley, Napa, Sims, Grevsmuhl are the names that keep coming up.

Munster is a dog. Hope the **** never plays for QLD.
Dogging your mates because you got caught. There is no honour in that and I doubt anyone would want to be a team mate of his. I hope Cam Smith pulls him aside when he gets back to the storm and gives him a spray about sticking up for your friends.

Munster is a dog. Hope the **** never plays for QLD.
Dogging your mates because you got caught. There is no honour in that and I doubt anyone would want to be a team mate of his. I hope Cam Smith pulls him aside when he gets back to the storm and gives him a spray about sticking up for your friends.

Yeah I agree with this 100%. Right or wrong that's what mateship is about and it is what QLD RL is about. Nothing could be gained for Munster by dogging on his 'mates' he should have just copped it on the chin. If I were a player I would want nothing to do with him after this.

Chris Garry & Peter Badel reporting:

Anthony Milford, Ben Hunt among eight players set for State of Origin bans

UP TO eight NRL stars are likely to receive formal bans from the QRL with Anthony Milford and Ben Hunt likely to be suspended from State of Origin contention.

Milford and Hunt are among 10 players who broke curfew during the Emerging Origin camp last weekend.
The QRL has already suspended Cameron Munster and Valentine Holmes and had said they needed formal evidence or confessions to charge the others.
However, they will now holding a press conference in Auckland at 6pm New Zealand time on Friday (4pm AEDT) when they are expected to announce one-year suspensions for several and perhaps all eight remaining players.

Hunt and Milford’s suspension, if handed down, would be a blow for Queensland but their play-making stocks are high with Daly Cherry-Evans unable to crack last year’s Game Three team.
Dylan Napa could also be suspended and he was likely to play for Queensland this year.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/614342b494e3dd7e22993f12c7769b0a

Might actually cost Milford and Hunt a chance to EVER play for Queensland, as it looks like DCE and Morgan might push ahead in the pecking order.

Sounds like 10 players in total broke curfew.

Holmes, Munster, Hunt, Milford, Wallace, Copley, Napa, Sims, Grevsmuhl are the names that keep coming up.

At least Oates is still a chance!

Well if it does cost Hunt and Milford their origin careers as an indirect result, let that be a lesson to youngsters, is it worth risking it for one night?

Most likely will just cement that DCE can't step up to origin level and they will be sweet in 2017.

That will probably happen, but I think Morgan will cement his spot by 2017, so that will probably cost one of them an Origin spot.

That will probably happen, but I think Morgan will cement his spot by 2017, so that will probably cost one of them an Origin spot.

Time will tell but I personally don't see it happening. The is a lot of hype around Morgan but I can't see him producing much without Thurston tbh

Time will tell but I personally don't see it happening. The is a lot of hype around Morgan but I can't see him producing much without Thurston tbh

I rate the Hunt and Milford combo very highly and can see that being the only combination to succeed in Origin when Cronk and Thurston retire.

Also tipping Milford will this year be the easily the best five-eight this year and in the top four halves at least.

Yeah Milford is gonna be a superstar. Minor setback.

QRL Managing Director Robert Moore today confirmed that Maroons coach Kevin Walters had completed interviews with players who attended the 2016 Emerging Origin camp.
In addition to the sanctions issued to Valentine Holmes and Cameron Munster on Monday, a further six players will be excluded from representative programs and Origin selection for the next 12 months.
The players are Anthony Milford, Jarrod Wallace, Ben Hunt, Dylan Napa, Edrick Lee and Chris Grevsmuhl.
Moore today explained the process that led to the final outcome.
“Our initial focus was on Valentine Holmes because of the involvement of the NRL Integrity Unit,” Moore said.
“As we suspected, there were other players who broke curfew and we have now gone through a process of interviewing players. Due to pre-season commitments, we’ve only been able to finalise that today.

“To the players’ credit, they’ve come forward and because of the importance we place on our QAS Emerging Origin program, they will receive the same sanction as Cameron Munster.”

Moore said in light of the sanction imposed on Valentine Holmes by Cronulla and his ongoing commitment to working with the club’s Welfare and Education team, the QRL would apply no further sanction in addition to his 12-month ban.

Not sure how Copley didn't get banned considering it was reported he was driving everyone around.

Guess it could have been false.

Gee these blokes are silly but I remember going on school camps and breaking curfew with mates.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.