Yow Yeh retires

Shame, was a good player and supposedly a good man as well. Work with his cousin and she's always spoken about how positive he's been about his comeback, she had no idea this was coming.

Good luck with whatever you do next

Absolutely gutted for the bloke, such a promising career, and one of the nicest and most humble guys you could possibly meet. Met him on a couple of occasions most recently at the NRL season launch and it was an absolute pleasure. Guy was so down to earth, and had the time of day for absolutely anyone.

Not just a loss for us, but the whole NRL imo.

Really hope we keep him associated with the club in some way.

It's missing that beauty of a try in NQ where he tore Thurston a new one...

Without doubt, my favourite moment.

I have nothing further to add that hasn't been said already. Gutted for him.

I will watch what happens with great interest. I would assume he's been offered a job of some description with the Broncos.

RIP in Peace, friend.

Still hoping he changes his mind some time down the track.

I'll always remember that try he scored against the cowboys up north when he stood thurston up three or four times. Guy is a deadest legend. NRL, the Broncos and it's supporters are the richer for getting to watch the guy play. Im so so sad right now. It's just terrible news. I wish him all the best and hope that what ever he does be succeeds to its fullest. He deserves some good luck!!

RIP in Peace, friend. Still hoping he changes his mind some time down the track.
Yeah me too. Give him two years away from the game, we can get him to cycling to strengthen his legs up and bang, come back good as new at 26!!But also my man, RIP?? He isn't dead.

Yeah me too. Give him two years away from the game, we can get him to cycling to strengthen his legs up and bang, come back good as new at 26!!But also my man, RIP?? He isn't dead.

Yeah I thought R.I.P. was a little extreme myself.

so sad. :( It could be a smart thing for the Broncos to do though. Pay him his current wage but as an ambassador or whatever and then when hes ready to go he can sign a contract again. But then again thats just more wishful thinking.

Good luck in retirement, Jharal. You will always be a club legend.

Such a beautiful try and makes me sad yet again to see his career cut short. The way he attacked the ball at full speed and made a fool of Thurston just screams class. :'( Really hope he sticks around in some shape or form, I was always adamant he'd return even though deep down I knew there was a high chance he wouldn't. Sucks so much that it's now officially over.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is devastating news. he had only just started his career and would have achieved so much more. i saw him as the guy who would take over for justin hodges. so sad.

now maranta will have to step up

It's sad that I won't get to see Yow Yeh play another game for us but in the end there comes a point where you got to say enough is enough and good on Yow Yeh for doing so. Alongside present player Corey Parker he represents the best aspects of the club that I admire the most, he will surely be missed on the field but I have no doubt the Broncos will do what they can now to help setup his after football direction now.

I called the club today to say how disappointed I was with Jharal retiring but congragulated him on his brief but very successful career and I hope that he can become an ambassador to the club and the game. They said they are considering this and he will most likely continue being involved with the Broncos.

Good Luck Jharal, a true gutsy champion on and off the field.

Sad news. Hopefully he will reassess his injury in a year or two when it has healed to the best it will ever be. Right now it might seem as though it will never be good enough but you just never know. Anyway, if YY reads these posts I share with all of you in wishing him the best and good fortune with the next phase of his life.

Tragic news, so so disappointing that someone who has achieved great success and was to go on the to elite heights of rugby league has been cut down in their prime :( All the best Jharal and good luck for your future endeavours. I whole-heartedly wish you the very best, you definitely deserve future happiness and success. You will never be forgotten by broncos supporters and the general rugby league public.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • Bronx48
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Horseheadsup
  • The Don
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.