Yow Yeh retires

Shame about his retiring. I felt maybe in the origin period he would have returned for the Broncos. What an inspiration though, to have the courage to fight back from such a devastating injury. Thanks for the memories Jharal and all the best with your future endeavors.

Looking on the brighter side, Jharal was able to fit a fair bit into his career, not only did he represent our great club but also his country, his state and rugby league fans in the all-stars. That's a fair old collection of experiences and memories and something to be very proud of.

Last edited:
I'm still absolutely devastated for him. I don't really know what to say. Completely gutted.

Thanks for everything Jharal. The memories, the entertainment, the inspiration

ixb1pu.jpg

You know what I'll miss the most? Him & Hodges running shoulder-to-shoulder on kick chases late in the game. The old dog & the young pup pushing each other through fatigue. The commentators used to say that they were such a tight unit on the field that they actually started to walk similar and have the same stance etc.

410333-yeh-hodges.jpg

Hodges really played a huge part in Yow Yeh becoming the player he was.

I remember Yow Yeh was quite shaky when he first started, used to rush out of the line a little too much and just didn't have as much composure under pressure. He was a typical rookie. Hodges really took him under his wing and it didn't take long for Yow Yeh to just completely change into the player we all knew and loved.

It's a right side combination I'm going to miss dearly.

Last edited:

I remember Yow Yeh was quite shaky when he first started, used to rush out of the line a little too much and just didn't have as much composure under pressure. He was a typical rookie. Hodges really took him under his wing and it didn't take long for Yow Yeh to just completely change into the player we all knew and loved.

Absolutely. When he was first called up for Origin I was a bit nervous that he'd put in a Merritt-type display in defence. But as a unit those two were greater than the sum of their parts, and you'd have to say his combo with Hodges got him the nod over Vidot etc.

Props to whoever is responsible for the JYY tribute up the top - good job.

Would've been about the time he (and the team) got schooled by whoever was on the wing for Newcastle and had 4 put past his wing (I want to say it was Junior Sa'u)

I love the bloke and remembering things like how he tried to fire up Folau every time Israel scored in 2009, trying to convince him to stay. Such a great club man and a fantastic player and person. Just such a shame it happened as he was just about the top winger in the game at the time and was so young. I'm glad he got to where he did so early. He'll be sorely missed on the field, but will be a great asset to the club off it also.

How good was 2011 broncos right edge of Lockyer thaiday hodges and yow yeh for broncos, qld and country I can't think of any better combination then what they had.

Watched the video of his injury the look on thaiday and hodges face that was heartbreaking enough and hodges went all terminator to win that game

At least his career is still alive on Rugby League 2! Great guy & great player. Such a shame his career was cut short. He really could have broke a lot of records. He was that good.

Life is pretty fucked sometimes. From all reports he is a great person... it always seems to be the good guys have shit like that happen and **** bags get it handed to them on a silver platter.

He was destined to be the next Lote or Wendell for the Broncos IMO. Really sad to hear this.

I'm still crying and reading some of the articles today about what he went through. Just feel hollow and want to punch something.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Astro
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.