eel's want to breech salary cap!?

Re: Eels want to breech salary cap.

i dont agree with what the eels are asking to do, i just want folau back in the NRL and if thats the ONLY way it can happen then im ok with it. parramatta arent gonna win the premiership anyway, folau or no folau. i just want him for origin.

i dont agree with what the eels are asking to do, i just want folau back in the NRL and if thats the ONLY way it can happen then im ok with it. parramatta arent gonna win the premiership anyway, folau or no folau. i just want him for origin.

Yep. Small picture thinking.

Why does Ian Schubert have to assign a market value to Folau of $400K?

Because he was an International and Origin player before he went to AFL 2 years ago?

The ARLC was never going to consent to that request. Folau will probably go to Union I reckon.

Market values are to try and prevent salary cap rorting. If players weren't assigned an appropriate value what is to stop a cashed up club from signing the entire australian for 200k each, then just pay them the rest of their demands under the table

IMO market value is one of the few things the NRL does well

If the Eels are desperate to get him, then they have to lose a player to accommodate him ... rather than just whinge about not being allowed to CHEAT to get him

I can't believe the eels have no cap room. Meanwhile Souths are also keen on snaring Folau.

I can't believe the eels have no cap room. Meanwhile Souths are also keen on snaring Folau.

Storm have expressed interest also, but I don't think they're implying that they're making him an offer.

There's something mildly amusing about Ricky Stuart trying to help QLD's origin chances.

Market values are to try and prevent salary cap rorting. If players weren't assigned an appropriate value what is to stop a cashed up club from signing the entire australian for 200k each, then just pay them the rest of their demands under the table

IMO market value is one of the few things the NRL does well

But there are already rules against off the book deals.

Is it only in certain circumstances (i.e. Folau wanting to sign late in the piece, or 1 year deal) that the auditor assigns a market value?

But there are already rules against off the book deals.

Is it only in certain circumstances (i.e. Folau wanting to sign late in the piece, or 1 year deal) that the auditor assigns a market value?
Any contract registered with the NRL is checked against what the player's "market value" should approximately be.

See if we had a draft then Izzy would enter that as a possible number one pick and the eels would've snapped him up as wooden spooners.

They assigned him at 400k to stop the dodgy crap that Gasnier and the dragqueens pulled with a back ended contract

Any contract registered with the NRL is checked against what the player's "market value" should approximately be.
unfortunately this doesnt always stop dodgy deals happening though - mark gasnier is the prime example. sign for 100k, help the team win a premiership, slight upgrade next year, then just up and retire when his HUUUUUUGELY backended deal is supposed to kick in which was the whole basis of his first 2 years of his contract being accepted. absolute BS that they were allowed to get away with it.

Yep. Small picture thinking.
small picture to you, not to me. even a single origin win/loss is never "small picture" to me. the game is going to hell anyway, may as well get as many QLD victories in as possible in the meantime.

See if we had a draft then Izzy would enter that as a possible number one pick and the eels would've snapped him up as wooden spooners.

But we don't have a draft... That's like saying if we had a magical pink elephant that ruled over the NRL and decided which player played where, he/she would mandate that folau will go to parra because he/she has a soft spot for eels

But we don't have a draft... That's like saying if we had a magical pink elephant that ruled over the NRL and decided which player played where, he/she would mandate that folau will go to parra because he/she has a soft spot for eels
:nashy:

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Tim K
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • Rookie Alan
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • Scdeac
  • Skathen
  • rnabokov
  • Pablo
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.